Am I evil cause I hate my father?

First of all, I appreciate all the things he's done for me and the sacrifices he's made for my sake. 
But at the end of the day, I don't love him

1. I never spent any time with him. 
He's always been in the army overseas, how can I love him and I barely know him
I guess by that logic I shouldn't hate him either. 
Maybe he has reasons for being who he is, but I've never spent enough time with him to understand them. 

2. He's a conservative. 
Our political differences are so great, I don't think I can love him. If a civil war broke out today we'd be on opposite sides shooting at each other.
If that happens, could I kill him? Yea. I could stab him to death without another thought. 

3. He hates the fact I use drugs
Me using drugs is a part of who I am. I love drugs. And if he can't tolerate that then he can't tolerate me. 
I wish he'd just drop dead so I can do drugs in peace. 
This is the number 1 reason I hate him. All the other reasons are petty in comparison to this one
This isn't the only reason I hate him, but it's the reason I wish he'd drop dead. 

4. His hate and lack of empathy made me who I am
The irony is that as much as I hate him, I'm just like him. I'm so much like him it's funny. 
Then again, I have self-hatred, so it only makes sense I'd hate him too

These may sound like silly reasons to you, but I'm sorry. I just don't love the man. I wish he'd drop dead. 
I cook like an old southerner. So I hope my cooking ends up giving him a heart attack. I hate seeing him arrive in the drive way. 
I wish he'd get in a car accident and just fucking die. I hate him and I hope he drops dead. 

But what hurts the most is knowing that he loves me. That kills me. I wish he hated me like I hate him. 
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yes. I would say you're in the wrong.

Your euphoric high is above your own father on your list of priorities. That's called psycopathic.
you aren't evil for hating him.
it's not even really evil to wish he was dead. even if that's kinda hardcore.
it'd be evil to physically harm someone over that but i don't need to tell you that lmao.

it's none of my business, but i don't think you shouldn't try to expend too much energy on this feeling; however negative an influence he is on you, that does not define you unless you allow it to
It sounds like your going through the Electra effect.
This is why abortion should be legal.
Legal, and in some cases mandatory
My wife always wanted to carry around a sign that said she should have been aborted.
Yeah, pretty sure it has nothing to do with him, it sounds like you're just a narcissist, but i dunno
And a psychopath.
Oh, yea, I'm definitely a narcissist, that's undenyable, but I don't see what that has to do with anything
okay, let me put it another way. You're not evil, you were born the way you are. You lack empathy for other human beings, and it's easy for you to hate, so naturally the circumstances would have it that you hate your father.
I don't lack empathy for everyone. 

But if you're gonna stand in my way of obtaining the pleasure I want to achieve. Then yea, I hope you fucking die an awful death. 
I hate him because he wants to stop me from using drugs. 

I would love him if he didn't wanna stop me from using drugs. But anyone who interferes with my pursuit of pleasure is an enemy. 
My dad is dead, so...I don't know. Maybe it would be worth it to try and have more of a relationship? Seems like maybe because he was gone all the time there just wasn't anyone there trying to have a relationship. I just don't want you to regret it later on.

Regarding the drugs, that's just because he cares about you. I don't like people doing drugs either because a lot of times it doesn't turn out well. Not positive what type of drugs you're talking about, but I've had to counsel A LOT of people on naloxone/Narcan.
But nothing matters to me beyond purely physical pleasure. 

Drugs are the epitome of pure physical pleasure, and for me no happiness exists beyond the pursuit of pleasure. 

The only forms of happiness I recognize is eating, drinking, getting high, and masturbation. Life means nothing beyond physical pleasure
Don't you ever yearn for love or acceptance? That's more than physical pleasure. Physical pleasure isn't going to satisfy you forever...or maybe it will, I wouldn't know. All I can say is I haven't found all my happiness in physical pleasure. The closest one I can relate to is eating, and let me tell you, all it does is make me fat and feel disgusting.
I'm pretty damn ugly anyway, so I don't care if it makes me fat. It wouldn't make me much more/less attractive if I was. 

and yea, I guess sometimes I do yearn for love and acceptance. But at the same time, I don't think it's more powerful than my desire for raw pleasure
Raw pleasure is definitely a powerful force, and I'm not saying you shouldn't experience that. But there is more to life than raw pleasure, but maybe at this point in your life it outweighs wanting other things. Just please be careful with the drugs and know your limits. And if you ever decide you don't want that high anymore know that you can change that.

Still, though, you could have raw pleasure and relationships. I don't think any of it should stop you from trying to have more of a relationship. If it works then it does, and if it doesn't then it doesn't. And understand I have a different perspective because I was close to my dad and I didn't have enough time.
The problem with relationships is that people can't admit that love cannot exist between two people. 
It can only exist between one person and that persons perception of another person. 

For example, does my dad care about me and that's why he doesn't want to do drugs? Or is it much more sensible to believe he only cares about his perception of what he thinks I should be. 

Caring about others is an illusion
You're probably just trolling, but...

Your hatred for him because he doesn't want you to do drugs means he cares.

There is nothing on your list that justifies hating him. I don't see any type of abuse.

Your lack of empathy, and probably compassion, can cause your inability to not love your father.
Even if that's true. 
Is that a choice? Is it ever a choice to love or not love another. 

If this makes me a shitty person who's devoid of compassion, then that is that. That means that that's what I am and that's all there is to it. 
I'm just a shitty person devoid of compassion
You have a choice. It usually comes down to how you were treated. Abuse of any kind can certainly cause hatred.

If you completely lack love for anything, then I'd say the lack of empathy and compassion is definitely part of who you are. However, you can work on changing that, but that is a choice only you can make.
Are you saying love is a choice?
Yes. Love is a choice. It is also a feeling. Staying in love requires commitment. If you choose not to fall in love, then that is your choice and your right to do so.
I disagree. The fact is I just hate that mutherfucker, and I wish he'd die in a car accident today. 
And there's nothing that could or ever will change that
No. There is nothing wrong with disliking your family members. 

I dislike my sibling because they are a lying, stealing and oversensitive piece of shit. :( (Sad)