Do you get randomly butthurt at the truth?

What's your definition of a troll and trolling?

Many people here think that I'm a troll. But let me tell you, I am not. I only speak the truth.

So what is your definition of a troll?
For example, when someone says eating fatty foods makes you fat and you should exercise more, is s/he a troll or just speaking the truth?
Comments65
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do you get off by being human shit?
Some people think I'm a troll: I just argue the truth when others are too stupid to see it.
One thing is being a troll and another just being blunt and/or brutally honest. There are also people with... well, just different opinions! :lol: Combined with a bunch of people with very thin skin is a recipe for drama and troll-calling :shrug: However I also don't think these are mutually exclusive :P 

The main characteristic of a troll, I think, is that it acts with the sole purpose of being disruptive, regardless of what they say, be the truth, something made up, an opinion or just nonsense, etc.

So, even if what you're saying is true, it can be said in a disruptive way, and I'm pretty sure some people do it anyway, knowing in advance the response they'll get. What I'm saying is that you can still say the truth and be a troll.
Oh my. :lol: Well said, bro! :highfive:
why not, u said u were b4
As with any statement, phrasing is everything. For example, saying "you need to lose some weight, fatty!" is going to be considered trolling, whereas saying "I'm rather concerned about your weight" is not, even though they both mean the same thing.
I get what you are saying.
 There can be no justice without truth.
Only the Sun-man can deliver true justice. :nod:
I guess it's someone who disrupts the forums for a stupid reason, or tries to make someone else feel bad.
To me a troll is someone trying to goad reactions out of people. Sometimes I troll others, but I'm not a troll in the sense that it's my only purpose in life, like fucking illustrat666 or those users who sign up and immediate start posting pictures of shit in the forums. :lol:
[Sorry, if this context is kind of confusing. I'm not so good at translate]

In my country Internet Troll is a person with an aggressive behavior and annoying on the internet who think of themselves as the center of the internet society and they think that everything they say is always right; they do not possess any kind logical thinking. Or a person who claim to know something very well but actually they know nothing (from Sanook.com). 

So, for me, I think a troll is an annoying person or a person who trying to invade my privacy I'll call them a troll. Anyway, speaking the truth is a good thing but sometimes the truth can be hurtful for someone.
I just noticed that when you're tired you're more likely to either fall for trolling or take trolling too far, so time zones influence forum dynamics in odd ways

But sociology is full of marxist bullshit and should be purged
I dunno... I mean, there isn't just one type of troll.
You have truthful trolls, cruel trolls, funny trolls, lying trolls, disgusting trolls, stupid trolls...

Edit: Just read the full post. Nah! That's not trolling; that's being informative! :la:
That is speaking the truth. :nod:
People don't want to hear their own weaknesses, so they will do everything with their might to deny anyone speaking up about them.
If people don't want to believe something, they'll just go into denial, even if it is the truth.
They'll get angry and defend themselves. They just don't want to hear criticism.
They're on the receiving end of a 'personal attack', in their eyes. A victim of your advice about how to address a flaw.
But, most people do know the truth, they just don't want to act upon it. They don't want to change.
They don't want to leave their comfort zone. By saying things to others they don't want to hear, their comfort zone is damaged and the standard response in most people is to simply fight back, blaming their troubles upon someone else.
They can't handle them themselves.
However, you won't get anywhere in life without leaving your comfort zone. :shrug:
Optimal anxiety is key, not worrying to the point of a panic attack. :p
I rarely use the word troll. I dont have anyone in my block list anymore, and it was only the one person. You can't control how other people react though. :shrug: 
"What is your definition of a troll?"

Same response I gave in the thread about calling people stupid.  I don't have a definition, because I can't define someone's entire essence with a mere word, as humans are much too complex.  Someone who often trolls is capable of speaking with intelligence and in a thought-provoking manner.  Just how someone who is mostly seriously, might occasionally troll.  It's all very simple.  Just be YOU!  I don't care if you enjoy trolling, or not.  Just treat me with respect, and we can be best of friends.

This is exactly what Arga wants and I respect both of you for that. Also the duck and cuwo. Those guys are always rational.
So long as someone is being respectful, I agree.  Telling someone, "fuck you, cunt!" is not.  Especially when I don't even know the person.  It's not like one of my buddies ribbing me.  First time you meet someone online, and you greet them with "your mother -insert explicit words here-!" ain't gonna win you any points in future conversations.

haha yeah im sorry about that man :lol:
Truth can be used as a poison or as a medicine. It's all in the dosage.
sola dosis facit venenum