Closed to new replies
January 11
Link

Statistics

Replies: 343

How's Winter Treating Yah!?

:iconjcsolis01:
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
Winter is in full throttle, and that means cold all throughout this time of the year.
Or maybe not. You guys in the tropics might just experience cooler weather. Whereas the folks in, for example, the north east side of the US may be bracing themselves for tons of snow.

Here in my native California we're getting rain (Finally! Screw this drought!)  and then some. The weather is also a lot cooler, not frigid but tolerable.

Now my question is this:
     What's Winter like where you live? Is it super cold? Is it still pretty warm? Is there snow or rain?

Write down your response below!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfirst-reality:
First-Reality Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not well! Warm weather is my jam, but for some reason I live up by Canada :B I can't get out of my uphill driveway without a 4wheel drive vehicle. Also the snow sliding off my roof almost killed me yesterday, so that was fun :dummy:
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
Seems like the cold maybe isn't your groove.
:iconfirst-reality:
First-Reality Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It reeeeeally isn't, lol.
:iconvt2000:
vt2000 Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
it sunny over florida!!
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
Florida is always warm. It's getting kinda cold where I live, and I'm no good with that. I'm actually really good at taking high heat. I'd love to live in warm and tropical Florida if it wasn't for the high humidity. That's the only way for the heat to get to me, if its moist.
:iconorange-zeppelin:
Orange-Zeppelin Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Student Traditional Artist
Hey, a fellow Californian! I'm happy for the rain, except for the whole "flooding entire streets and also trees are coming down" thing. It's gotten crazy cold so I'm thankful I have hand-made sweaters and quilts to hide under. 
Well met, fellow Californian friend. :salute: :D

Yeah. The rain may have some pros and cons. But with the drought we've been having, the pros most definitely outweigh the cons. It has gotten cold these past days, and it'll be colder in days to come.
I'm no good with the cold. 45 degrees Fahrenheit feels like 2. brr - sooo c..  c..  c.. cold!   
:icondruidpeter:
DruidPeter Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017
In South Texas? Well, not much different from summer everywhere else, I suppose. No, really. It's like, 80 degrees Fahrenheit in January and February. Which is really nice, considering it's usually over 100 degrees during summer. Eh. :shrug:
Well, at least you're toasty warm. Other places are freezing.
:iconyoutafujimoto:
YoutaFujimoto Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  New Deviant  General Artist
BRRR it's getting pretty CHILLY at nights!! (ʘᗩʘ’) I think I've fainted.  But my house is SO WARM YUSSSSSSS :happybounce: La la la la  we have triple insulation so as long as I'm in the comfort of my own home wrapped in blankets on the computer I'm quite dandy!! ^0^ _へ__(‾◡◝ )> ೭੧(❛▿❛✿)੭೨ Heart Love Pikachu Loves It Plz Bear Emoji-08 (Rolling Love) [V1] Llama Emoji-05 (Flower Sparkles) [V1] Ryuuko Ryuushi Mifune (Moe and feeling love) [V1] Birthday cake  icon 
I'd love to live in a home like that. I'm not really good with the cold.
:iconyoutafujimoto:
YoutaFujimoto Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  New Deviant  General Artist
It has automated heating too so even at 3 AM if it gets below certain temperature BOOM the house is cosy and warm again in 20 minutes!! >w< ( ^∇^) triple insulation helps too!! ^-^ I'm with ya!! I can't stand being even slightly cold!! @.@Llama Emoji-38 (Confused) [V2] Pearl Emote 1 Mashiro Confused Icon Luffy Anime Emoji (Confused or Dizzy) [V4] 
You have a wonderful home. My home only has a wall heater, and it doesn't even heat the whole house.
:icontheduckfather:
TheDuckFather Featured By Owner Edited Jan 21, 2017  New Deviant Student Traditional Artist
quack quack quack quack!
I know that it's summer in the countries that lay in the southern hemisphere of the planet. I'm just asking a general question. Is it cold where you live or not?
TheDuckFather Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  New Deviant Student Traditional Artist
quack quack quack!
Is it cold or warm where you live, friend?
TheDuckFather Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  New Deviant Student Traditional Artist
hot!
nice
I prefer the cool
maybe not so nice
(1 Reply)
:iconcelestial-meadows:
Celestial-Meadows Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Not good. I can't breathe very well in the winter haha!
Hope that doesn't become a major issue. Hang tight! :)
:iconmikoleggy:
Mikoleggy Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I live in Northern Germany. It gets cold.

Especially when your heating system is broken. Until I bought an electric heater, I would shiver myself to sleep.
The only alternate I'd see would be to wear thick sweat clothes and wrap yourself into a blanket burrito.
And I'm guessing that it still wouldn't be enough. Smart move buying the heater. :nod:
:iconyukitakashi:
YukiTakashi Featured By Owner Edited Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
In December, it was mostly rain, even at the first day of winter. It did snow a little at one point, but it ended off as a rip-off. However at the start of January, It REALLY snowed. It's beginning to melt away at this point and getting rain again. It's been 2 years since I've had a major snowday like that. There was also one point where it was so cold, the pipes at my house were frozen and the sink didn't work as well as the toilets. It couldn't flush. There was also the time when I've went to the campgrounds, some of the branches of some of the trees fell off due to a big snowstorm. It was insane. It was also hard to walk since the snow was 5 inches deep. I'm dead serious!

Man, I love being up on the mountains!
I'm no good at handling cold weather. I couldn't last through all you just mentioned.
You can take the mountains. I'll stay warm right here by my warm beach. :D
YukiTakashi Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I forgot to say one more thing, at another point, the pipes at my backyard exploded.
Still love your mountains?
YukiTakashi Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
At this point, the pipes has been repaired.

Ye.
:iconlucyondevian:
LucyOnDevian Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
What?
I live in New Zealand, and it's summer here.
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
I'm talking mostly of countries north of the equater. We're all freezing our butts off right here.
LucyOnDevian Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Awwww...
Wear sweatpants 😛
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
If I keep bundling up, sooner or later I'll start looking like a bear.
LucyOnDevian Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's...good? :333
JCSolis01 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
Perhaps. At least I'll be warm. :D
LucyOnDevian Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lel
:iconlostinherfantasies:
lostinherfantasies Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
-20 to -30F weather. fun fun fun funfunfufnufnufunnfdfjakfhdjaklfhdsjalkfhdjsakhf and school is never cancelled unless there's like 6 ft of snow
Oy! Whatever happened to winter break?!
Alaska got its late heavy winter, which is usually supposed to happen late December and early January, but it happened now. It snowed almost 2 ft over the weekend, and now the temperature is -20 F. (:(
I don't know how it feels like to live in Alaskan weather, but from what I've of how cold it through a over there, it makes the winter here look like summer vacation.
More like fall lololol, our summers are usually in the good 70-80F weather
Now that sounds more pleasant! :D
:icongaalad:
Gaalad Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  Student Digital Artist
-13 in my bedroom and in my studio.
Outch. I'm freezing. 
At -13 degrees, I'd already be a popsicle.
:iconrichard-penn:
Richard-Penn Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Don't know what this "winter" you speak of is. Georgia got three snowflakes then said, "Nope, it's summer now. Forget that cold stuff." It's been so warm my daffodils are poking their confused heads out of the ground. 
Wacky weather we're having, eh?
:iconrichard-penn:
Richard-Penn Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It'd be wacky if it was abnormal, but really, this is just how Georgia is. And every year us southerners freak out like "What is this it's the apocalypse why is it warm then cold then drought then tornadoes" as though it doesn't happen every year.
I guess things aren't so wacky after all.
I'm just glad it started to rain where I live this winter.
:iconhunterstrait:
HunterStrait Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2017   Digital Artist
Nothing but snow since day one, im really abusing my body by just by doing nothing for over 2 weeks.
Add a Comment: