Art in the Family

Presumably everyone here is an artist or some capacity or at the very least a fan of art. But who are the other artists in your family?

My mother is getting into oil painting these days, my step-father has always written poetry (even published a book of his poems), my sister knits dolls and stuff, and my youngest half-brother does these really macabre drawings that I am jealous of because he's never taken a professional art class yet his drawings are really good.
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
-Auny paints.
-Uncle studied lit in shool.
-Pretty much everyone plays musical instruments, cousin is a Music major.
-Sister draws.
My mom used to do oil paintings...but since she became ill, she had to settle for acrylic paints.  She also does embroidery work, especially Christmas stockings.
Honestly, my family isn't into art that much. The only person that I know who is an avid artist my grandfather who used to make amazing, realistic sketches of family members back in the day.
My mom's really good at writing and the stories she has are fuckin' incredible o_O
I draw, my sister's pretty good with watercolours but she doesn't buy into it.

And I didn't grow up in an "artist" family so nobody's ever really  shared the interest.
I don't think anyone else in my family can draw haha.
no one in my family is artist but my mom and dad work in nail technician paint nail counted?
My great-grandfather was painting posters, I still have and use some of his brushes :) Sadly, he died before my birth, so I even didn't have a chance to meet him.
My dad was into photography, but rather as a hobby from time to time than passion. Because of work and lack of time he gave up what makes me sad, because now he doesn't have literally any hobby than watching tv, and you don't have to go to places with views to make great photos, there are so many possibilities...
My mum is quite good at drawing, I remember when I was maybe 7-9 y.o. and she made my portrait and cute cat in my diary. But she never did anything to improve, practice, I think it's just not her thing.
My mom, she paints and draws too. She's actually quite good at it.
YUPPERS my grandma made these amazzzing watercolor landscape and town paintings!! rainbow heart :rainbow: Pixel: Rainbow Heart mini hearts Infact as I go up my stairs, I see her paintings on the wall!! ^-^ La is puking Rainbows She taught me and inspired me to do watercolor paintings myself!! Heart Love Bear Emoji-08 (Rolling Love) [V1] :la: choir 
Well I only draw in the first place because my big brother draws
My mom is/was a florist, but she couldn't keep standing on her knees anymore... She also does knitting and beading a lot. She also was in choir when in school, she's told me.

I like to draw, or did. Took high school to finally mostly do that in. I also like to color. I'm interested in most all forms of digital art, especially pixel art and vector. My traditional art ultimately is more developed, though. My head is almost always full of ideas, some of which I want to properly adapt into stories, games, and animations/shorts. I took choir all the way through middle school, and about 7/8 of the way through hish school.

My sister tends to do a lot of sewing, and some beading, also occasionally bakes, and very seldom cooks

My brother-in-law is friggin' amazing with drawing and painting.

That's sadly everyone/everything that comes to mind, though...
My great grandfather (paa) was supposedly good at art/calligraphy. He bred roses and pigeons too (which imo is a very eccentric artsy thing)
Supposedly my grandfather (maa) was good at art
My grandma (paa) was some champion dancer

That's about it..  Though my Maa, Dad and bro are all really creative. Just not artistically creative. 
It'd be easier to list the people in my family who AREN'T artists in some form.
My dad's a former actor and currently a theatre teacher.
My mom and 3rd sister do handiwork (knitting, sewing, etc.)
My 2nd sister paints and is a musician.
My brother is an actor, sketch-artist, and author.
My Grandma was an art teacher.
I'm a digital artist, author, actor, and voice actor.
AND THIS IS JUST MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY! I have so many relatives, it's mind blowing...
My grandma used to do watercolor paintings in her free time.
Both of my sisters did a lot of art too when they were younger. One even was a volunteer designer for her school newspaper. They don't do art anymore because study/life keeps them too busy to find time for it. 
My Grandma is an artist. She started off doing watercolour paintings, but she does acrylic as well.
My mom does pottery.
My grandfather is currently in a band with some friends and he makes paintings, my great grandfather was a really good painter
His brother makes movies, which are quite horrible but okay
my father draws once in a while
and my mom doesn't like art

that's about it, my family is realllly small
My uncle was a good visual artist. He's in the recording industry now. My great grandmother was a painter and personally knew Tom Thomson.
My dad's a musician and music teacher.
None of my family do art related stuff
My mum's a knitwear designer, my dad's an actor (I did not get any acting skill; I'm terrified of performing) and artist, my grandad does carpentry as a hobby, my grandma's an artist and crochets a lot and my great-grandad was also a painter. :nod:
My mom.
But SHE TRACES ALMOST EVERYTHINGAVIFAYGFYUAGFTYAVFIKBFIABFYUAVFAGFIAFBIAVFYFUFAG*&GHF*&$H(FHNFUIOGI#OG$FH$GOHG(USBH&*G@*$&G$*&GF@&G*&gf&GA*&GF&*g*&#HF(*FJG)K)(J893h(8hf7*$G@r7gF&$HF$Jf89049jN9fHF*&FHIJOLAJFI