Drank something I shouldn't have and now I feel sick, will I be ok?

(also posted in the help with life forum but figured i'd post here too since I need answers and am genuinly scared tbh ^^; Sorry if thats not allowed or something)

Soooooo I did something kinda dumb. Why I did this isn't important, but... I drank saltwater. Now that's not (entirely) the dumb part though. The site said to use 2-3 teaspoons of salt in the glass of water, but, I misread it. ...I used 3 TABLESPOONS instead.

I didn't drink the entire glass, maybe 1/4th or so, half of it at the VERY most, but I nearly vomited instantly. (nearly, didnt actually throw up but almost did.) Since drinking it I've felt very sick but thankfully the stomach pains have been going down slightly, though not entirely. I've also been drinking more, non-salty water in hopes to not get dehydrated and to hopefully dilute the remaining salt a bit. Will I be ok? Is there anything else I can do? When will I feel better?

;v; Sorry for being an idiot ^^;
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You will go blind in 110 hours.
And how many secoonds?
Eat loads of flour and make some kinda salt cake in your stomach!
Ahhh hey! You'll BE FINE!!! That's just a sort of side-effect from drinking that, I think.
Don't worry too much, you'll be okay! :iconaawplz:
Chili Anime Emoji (Snuggy hug) [V2] Bunny Emoji-74 (Snuggy) [V4] Adorable Girl Anime Emoji (Huggy heart) [V6] Bunny Emoji-91 Spin Hug Bunny Emoji-82 (My kawaii plushie) [V5] Panda Emoji-30 (Love) [V2] Panda Emoji-30 (Love) [V2] Panda Emoji-30 (Love) [V2] Panda Emoji-30 (Love) [V2] Froggy Emoji-22 (Hug) [V1] 
As long as it's not sea water, you be okay...unless you have poisoned water. 
well... i drank the water from THE dead sea.. :paranoid: 

what do u mean "as long as its not sea water" ... am i going to die? its been 7 months :|
I don't know, but I remember watching that bear grills show and he said not to drink salt water from the sea otherwise it will kill you...somehow. Something to do with salt and the body not having too much but. I don't think you will die however, I'm sure its some stupid amount you have to drink it until it has some real bad effect on you. Assuming that it's clean and not got some type of radioactive waste barrel or corpse in it, it is called the Dead Sea...;)
Sherlock - Moriarty Shocked .... goodbye world...
NOOO NOOO that's ONLY if you have seawater to drink! Like, for sailors stranded out at sea~ Apparently, you had other water so *YOU SHALL STILL SURVIVE*!!Cheerleader :love: :slipperyhug: Redbull glomp Heart Love :excited: :Bummies: Hamtaro Mouse Emoji-02 (Kawaii) [V1] :shuffelin: :deviants: Come With Me fair fight :happy: OMG MOAR POEMS! :happybounce: 
:iconallthegloryplz: i feel alive again
YAYYYYYYY!!!!Heart Hug Heart Hug Heart Hug Heart Hug Tight Hug Tight Hug Tight Hug Tight Hug 
don't psyche yourself out :hug: you'll be fine, keep drinking water
Just drink water til you need to piss and do it again. The danger from drinking salt water is from when you are already dehydrated
This says it all.
My dad accidentally drank water with fish tank chemicals once. He was fine. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I bet the pains will be gone by tomorrow :)
... How does one ACCIDENTLY consume that? Glad he's okay though :3 and thank you
Haha, we were cleaning the fish tank, and the new water was in a jug, and he thought it was regular water XD

I think youll be fine laddo!
a google search will provide info about the dangers of drinking salt water

a google search will help you find medical advice, hotlines or other contact info

if you are genuinely scared... 911

DA is ok for attention seeking
google search says i have cancer... Luke's Epic Face