my college is on strike for 3 days now

so it looks like i won't be having classes until thursday this week

i don't know why i'm telling you this, and i don't know why you should care

but this morning was like, the best

sooo how's everyone else's college doing? mine is like, 11 percent below the standard enrollment level
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm going to college for the first time this autumn.
What I hate is the suffering that more likely to come when having to catch the materials for tests.
I'd be the one going "woohoo! three days off!" and then whinging about how I wasted my money :dummy:
...yeaahhh that's totally not me anymore
what college is it?
Green River College.
It's in Auburn, WA.
I'm curious what students who already paid for their classes are supposed to do. I totally understand the right to fair wages. But it's an awkward situation for the students.
They say that they're going to try and focus on making sure that these students finish their programs. Not sure if it actually happened to the students that were part of the programs that got cut a few weeks ago.
They better get back to work or people will discover what a waste of money it is.
you should at least hear the protesters out

the board threatened to make cuts to programs within the 5th Quintile

it's hard for me to explain what that is, but one thing that irked me was that Physics was in there

and all I have to say, is that YOU DON'T CUT PHYSICS, YOU DON'T CUT A SCIENCE CLASS. YOU WOULD BE MAD MAN/WOMAN IF YOU ACTUALLY TRIED, AND THEY ALMOST DID

SAME THING WITH THE COLLEGE NEWSPAPER AND THE DESIGN DRAFTING PROGRAM I WAS PART OF
, the latter of which Engineers over there may still need because it has classes that covers certain areas like AutoCAD and what not
College is getting so expensive the cost/benefit is not that clear anymore. Cutting out an AutoCAD class seems infinitely stupid though.
This sounds too much like one of the colleges my dad attended. :(
I heard that college Bernie Sanders's wife use to manage got shut down this year. What a shame.
Varsities all over South Africa are having mega issues >.> Cray cray feesmustfall movement that started last year. A bus was set alight and a lecture hall nearly burnt down at my varsity and at some universities they successfully burnt down lecture halls and buildings and stuff. :| (Blank Stare) 
wow that's terrible

like holy cow

why burn all of these buildings? was there a reason behind it?
The government doesn't listen when they ask nicely, so I guess that's the only way they can force them to pay attention to them. However, it's obviously not the best way to go about getting things sorted out in terms of reaching a stage where free education would be possible (I don't even think it's possible to do that any time soon because our economy is seriously screwed up right now).

All the damage caused and private security that has been brought onto campuses has amounted to literally over 100 million rand being wasted. That actually could've went into helping so many people get the opportunity to study. 
That's a shame. The police was here today on campus in case anything went wrong. I didn't have classes but I had some business over there. And boy were the parking lots empty!
It's crazy when this stuff happens hey. Hopefully it all gets sorted out quickly without getting worse xD
they chose one heck of a time to protest

we only have a couple of weeks left until finals
Why are you bothering going to a crappy school? You should transfer.

I'm starting a summer illustration course soon.
it's just that this college started giving out bachelor degrees

and i'd like a bachelor's so yeah
in my uni they scheduled no lessons for 2 weeks apart  from on a tuesday XD
Well, I just went to our term's first day of classes earlier this day... Just sharing XD
Today we had a guest lecturer from China's Sichuan university. He was talking about China's Silk Route and why Asian countries need it. He also talked about uniting against American bullying in Asia and why India is an asshole. Shit was cash tbh.