Dead trends that you miss

We have a lot of shit trending right now. Some can be stupid as hell but, Some are fun to do. But, I ain't focusing on that. My question is to you what was your favorite dead trend.
(Mine was The "frosted tips" trend in the 90s. I bagged my mom when I was 9 years old. About that time the trend was dead and I walked around with frosted tips at school. My mom bleached my hair and everything.)
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh frosted tips - too bad they're not popular now that I'm old enough to appreciate cute hairstyles on hot guys :( I really do like "anime hair" myself, so there's two hairstyle trends that were once popular but now not - again, too late for me. Putting the oldest one first - the "90's centre parted" hair is a look I find attractive for reasons even I don't even know. Maybe because I saw it on what were considered attractive men while growing up in the 90's that I kinda just affiliated that hair with sexiness (good examples from that time would be Nick Carter and Leonardo DiCaprio) even some anime characters had this hair (which is probably the real reason why I started liking it actually) I had it through most of my teenage years but by then it was the 00's and that wasn't considered cool anymore - acting and dressing like a gangsta from da ghetto was :facepalm: The other hair trend I feel like I was robbed of was emo hair. I don't care much for the emo mentality (but I certainly get their cynicism) but I do love their hair. Today's male hair trends are all so boring or stupid-looking.

I miss the days when leather biker jackets and boots worn with tight jeans was in. Damn I find this look sexy, and when I see it combined with that 90's hair (often in movies from that time involving a young rebel character who looks like this.... and rides a motorcycle) I can only say I see the appeal that cool/rebel guys had at the time. They pretty much often looked like real life versions of Squall from Final Fantasy. And considering the time that game was made, I' wouldn't be surprised is his look was based off that image either No wonder he's in my top 5 hottest fictional men list ;p) A lot of fighting game characters were also designed around this image of what was at the time - considered totally badass (Kyo Kusanagi being a perfect example)

I miss the days when Nintendo was the king of the gaming market. These days I often see threads titled "which do you prefer - XBox One, PlayStation 4 or PC?" - they always totally ignore Nintendo's option like it doesn't even exist. Nintendo doesn't put out like they used to I admit, but the better material they come out with is just as good as anything they were doing 20 years ago. I think gamers have just become too obsessed with realism these days. They don't see the same joy in running around a colourful fantasy land full of angry-looking mushrooms like they used to, but I still do. I dream of the day Nintendo might rise to the top again, but admittedly they are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with gimmicks.

The popularity of upbeat alternative rock. I realized this when my brother and I had a "90's - 00's pop punk/alternative/etc" playlist running on Youtube via our TV. The video clips were often kinda stupid, but also often colourful and depicting scene sof stuff that was just... really really fun, and the tone of the music made it the perfect stuff you could chill out or party to!

Also swimming pools - these days they're out of the financial reach for the average middle class family, they're becoming more and more of a luxury item for the wealthy. As a kid I knew at least five or six other friends/family members with backyard pools I could visit in the summer. Now? I don't know a soul with a pool anymore. Summer's just ain't the same :no:
I sort of miss bluetoothing songs to each other during breaks in school. It was some black market shit in a piracy aspect, probably, but there was something very social about just hearing a song someone's playing and being able to get it from them personally, sort of.
Highschool fashion of the 2000's-

A really nice pair of boxers or underwear slip showing on an attractive person either by intent or when they happen to sit down. The skinny jean way and just the right amount not the thug way.

1.bp.blogspot.com/-w2x8u1FRP5M…

Because- that ass.

The female equivalent being hip huggers + thong.

img.banggood.com/thumb/view/up…

Glove sleeves. 

Chained wallets/ jean chains in general.

Big puffy skate shoes that you'd fling across the gym. 

Headphone hoodies. 

Razor phones/flip phones and phone charms. 

Being able to buy Mp3 players that aren't Ipods. 
The trend of adventure games vs. shoot-em-up.  Started with "Adventure" computer game; to King's Quest; then used to wait for every game about Zelda/Link because I loved to adventure and solve puzzles and couldn't really afford to actually travel.  Hyrule Warriors really kind of ruined it for me.  I long for a creative adventure game to show back up on my radar...

I don't really indulge in physical look trends...maybe I miss men's vests on women a little?
Nuthin but platformers on the N64.

Damn it why does the 90's kids have to get everything?
Rising S&P 500 index.
When I was growing up, my family simply couldn't afford the trendy things kids were into. Then as a teenager, I actively went against trends because I wanted to separate myself from all the other kids I didn't like. So for one reason or the other, I've always moved to the beat of my own drum and trends/fashion never really affected me.

I do miss those stretchy tattoo chokers, however. They went well with my goth style back then.
Trading and collecting Diddle note pads in primary school^^
It was quite fame in the 90s here in Austria :heart:

medien.markt.de/bilder/2012/02…
www.fast-alles.net/pictures/36…