A New Week... A New War: Christmas Trees

(This is the 15th week of forum wars! :noes:)

This week won't apply to everyone... But everyone is still welcome to offer their opinion and fight for what they believe in! Arm yourselves with witty comebacks because here we go... This week we're warring over Christmas trees.

Do you get a real Christmas tree or do you buy a fake one?

Real Christmas trees are the ONLY way to go. They make your house smell wonderful and are worth the extra vacuuming. Fake is FAAAAAKE

:iconcomeatmebroplz:
Comments263
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I always get a real tree. It's fun to go cut it down, and nothing beats the smell of a fresh tree. :xmas: 
My family always gets a real tree around December 10th, from the same place every time. It is like a ritual.  Nothing beats the smell and feel of a real tree! :)
We used to have real ones but my mom was allergic and my old cat tried to eat the falling needles and drink the water at the base of the tree so we had to get a fake one. It's a lot easier but I do miss the smell of a real tree.
It doesn't feel like the holidays if you don't have the smell of a real tree in your home :stare:
Although these past years there hasn't been much room for a whole tree in this apartment so we've had to just make do with a branch instead....*sigh*
If only they would sell nice thick small trees as well but usually the small ones look way too weak and unable to support any decorations.
Real! Fake trees are ratchet as fuck.
Fake, cause i'm someone who puts up their tree late november and breaks it down late januari. A real tree wouldn't last that long and still be amazingly beautifull.
A fake one because I'm cheap and don't like cleaning up pine needles. 
cheap? My fake tree cost like 200 € and that wasn't the most expensive one in the store by far...  :s
there are less expensive ones and even if it costs more up front, you can re-use it every year
Agreed but the less expensive ones looked worse then real ones tho :)
that's definitely true. there are pros and cons to both.
I don't have a whole lot of space for a tree and can't find a little one, so I'm going to try to construct one out of tree branches. I do really love that pine smell though.
Sadly, my father and I are both allergic to the real deal, so we've been putting up the same fake one for years (it's probably about 20 years old already) :lol:
Growing up, my family had a fake tree to save money during the hard times.  But we liked it that way.  No killing trees and it was sturdy enough to support two kids & hyper dog who loved climbing.

Nowadays it's tradition (and still hyper dogs) that keeps it a fake tree.
Preach it sistah!!Tama Excited Icon Negaduck Cheer 
The only Christmas trees we've had are fake ones. I don't think I've ever even been in the presence of a real one. One day...
Do it this year. Sneak it in :la:
Fake, because it's reusable. :dummy:
Fake! Mine comes with lights already on them.