Most expensive merch ever bought? (anime, comics, films...)

What's your largest shopping spree on collectibles? Lately bought a legitimate Snow Miku 2015 at 58$/ 60€/4xx HKD,God she was pretty expensive but turned out the craftsmanship is really nice. I've seen other stores selling her at 500-600HKD, as a frugal college student that's over my budget... need to save more money for the near future.

Anyone who literally, crash hundreds of bucks on some favourite merch?
Comments77
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Other than the $1300 I dropped on an old cop car because I'm a Blues Brothers fan (it has turned out to be the best car I've ever known, tho), $250 on diecast cars once
I bought an Elder Wand of the Harry Potter movies at a merchandise store called Elbenwald this year - with a purple case and a hook for walls, so that I could pin the Wand on a wall If I want to. It cost about 42$, not much would some people say, but it's more than I thought I would ever pay for a fan article. :D
This wand will come handy when there's a comic/film con xD planning to go for one next birthday (this year missed due to college entry exam)
Yep, that's right :D Too bad that I can't cosplay Dumbledore or Harry very good because I'm a girl. Well, Hermione is great too. :happybounce: But I have to wait for a con in Germany, sigh.
I bought a Super Mario chess set ($30 including shipping/handling) and 7 Koopalings plushies (just over $40 for the whole set, though they're probably counterfeits) 
And I bought this math book with the Hetalia Nordics on it!  Don't know how that's legal... but it's pretty cheap; was about $12 or so. 11270643 1600178410265547 3288172381755954421 O by CosmicKitten89
Maybe I'll buy me some Code Geass shit someday...
They turned out on the math book xD This afternoon saw APH badges and stuff (all the Russia goods were gone :()
The Koopa plush toys are cute, though
Once got Prussia, Hungary and Austria charms in a blind box set like 3-4 years ago :o Got the extra cute Lithuania (fave guy of all time) as well in 5 boxes
I've seen Hetalia stuff at this comic store before, including a Flying Mint Bunny keychain, but no Austria stuff.  There was an England plush and a bunch of Pokemon plushies.  That store closed and was replaced with a yogurt place, but there are other stores like that all around.
I saw an Estonian math competition book, but no Estonia the character on it.
Probably my Frazetta beer stein, though it was vastly discounted when I bought it.
Well, I spent about $70 total on Cloud and Sephiroth wall scrolls and I regret absolutely nothing.

I've also spent over $100 in Secondlife. Now that, I kinda regret. T_T
I've spent over 60 USD for cute little pokemon figurines.

WORRRTH IT. :D
I don't mind spending some money on merch (fun to play with and cheering looking at them when being blue) but I find really absurd spending thousands on virtual tools in games. One guy went bankrupt after he overspent on the Love live! SIF game...
Probably a 1:144 model of Mobius 1's F-22 Raptor, cost me $50. As of now, the entire overhaul for my airsoft equipment which I have been saving up for. I intend to purchase the needed items one by one, with the exception of the gun, the AFG and Micro T-1 since my friend is selling them all. 

JG HK416- $150
4 Hi-Cap Mags (STANAG)- $20
Flecktarn camo set- $30
Aimpoint Micro T-1- $20
Magpul AFG- $10
AN/PEQ-15 replica- $20
(getting this if I find a 2nd hand one) 3x Scope Magnifier- $30
Kill Flash for the Micro T-1- $5
A sling for the gun- $2
That's quite a lot assemblin' em all!
It would take me some time to accumulate all the gear, I got lucky with most of the parts on my gun since my friend was selling it to me with a huge special discount. 
i bought an animal crossing stamp set that was like $20 once
that's all i can think of
I've only bought merch once, and it was about sixty dollars worth of stuff. Small figures of a TARDIS, a Dalek, and a Cyberman bust along with a sonic screwdriver.
I brought a 10 dollar pusheen keychain, then lost it, so I Had to buy another one.

20$ too much. No, I disagree! 
Poor you :((lately saw a Pusheen phone cover for iPhone 6 and 6s xDD
My Aperture Laboratories t-shirt. Considering the fact that I've had the shirt for years, and wear it often, yet the shirt has not worn down, it's definitely been worth my money.
Some of these shirts can survive for years :) Own a Warsaw souvenir tee that's not yet torn for many years xDDD
How was the city of Warsaw? I hope to venture there myself someday.
A pleasant place!
I spent $14 for a playbill and two full color flyers from the sweeney todd 2005 broadway revival. i collect playbills so usually they aren't too expensive to start with.
The most I ever splurged on merch was around £35, and that was for a Gamercat plushy.