AP high-school classes.

How does someone get them? Is there certain guidelines they have to obtain to be qualified for these classes? AP classes also count as a whole credit, correct?
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You sign up for them the at the same time that you pick all your other classes. They're year round. You have to be a Junior or Senior unless granted permission otherwise. The course will tell you in your school course book and you have to meet the prerequisites. If there are no prereqs you're all set to take the class. AP classes count and sometimes replace classes for highschool credit but for participating colleges, usually state unis, they can count as a college credit IF AND ONLY IF YOU PASS THE CREDIT TEST AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

Example- My AP art history credit replaced my highschool World History requirement.

If you don't pass the end of year test it's fine. It still looks good to colleges and is at least counted for highschool, the grades being usual report card grades. I recommend taking some. If you're doing AP English do it senior year. Senior year is usually Lit and Comp where you just read and discuss. Junior AP english is essays up the butt. 
Can you send me a note? I would like to ask you more questions, but privately. 
Check the Unis you plan to apply to. Not all of them accept AP credit as I learned the hard way. 
Holy fuck, I'm so sorry.. 
To find out which colleges do accept them and how much credit can be earned, go here: apstudent.collegeboard.org/cre…
Even if they don't except them though they still look good to take and pass them : )
Yeah, and you have experience if you'll take the class again.
If your school offers them, pretty much anyone can technically get into them, but you won't survive unless you're actually relatively devoted and intelligent. And yeah, they count for credits, and is weighted for your GPA. Pass the test at the end of the year and you can obtain college credit. Check College Board's website for more info.
College Board? What's that? And thank you very much. 
That's the organization that offers the AP classes as well as other things like the SAT.
apcentral.collegeboard.com/hom…