Selfie', explicit pics and no respect.

So.. I've had this account going 4-5 months now, but I've only been using it for about 2 and there's a few things I've noticed on here I really wasn't expecting.

Selfies for starters - For a profile pic, cosplay or event of some kind Fairenough. But frequent selfies that say "I know I look ugly on this ahh well.." or "What do you think ;)?" and "Just felt like taking a selfie" (When they've blatantly spent a good hour or so doing makeup before hand) So why do you or they do it? Especially on this site.

Explicit pics - Another thing I've seen which is similar is when somebody takes a picture of somebody else. Same again with what I said earlier about Cosplay, events, convention of some kind or on location in certain places then fair enough, because you've actually put effort and time into that. What Im getting at is the ones who do it regularly when they are just in underwear or a bikini in the bedroom or outside in their garden and name it with something like "Im one with nature" when in reality they are just standing there in skimpy clothing. Then there's ones what just go a step further where they take a picture in an erotic or inviting pose and name it something like "cum tear this up!" or just simply... "Fuck me.." why do this!? Do you crave attention?

Im pretty sure there are other sites out there that better suit these kind of pictures. Now if these pictures were lets say professionally taken, on set with good lighting etc then I suppose it is art. Taking pictures of your self every week because your going to the gym and want to see and show your improvement on your body thats acceptable too I suppose because again thats taken time and effort on your part. but taken a selfie of your ass in your finger stained mirror while you've got a tv on in the background is just a waste of space in the "recently added" feed that somebody else could of used for their art which theyve actually spent a lot of time effort on.

Yeah I know im having a rant and this will probably attract hate, but the reason why I dont like it is because there's you guys who spend hours days and even weeks making something and you finally get to that submit button and watch the views and faves pile up gradually when these explicit pictures get over 5k views a day which required no skill to do.

Last thing, what i see a lot of is people who moan about being used or called a slag/sket/slut/dog/whore/tramp yet they put these kind of pictures up and keep doing it!!! How the fuck do you expect somebody to respect you if you don't respect yourself. The reason why we go for you is because we know we can fuck you and fuck you off, but you just dont help yourself!

I have a daughter now she's 2 years old, and if I could all the using back, I would. Its probably a punishment now its my turn to be the dad and stop any sex craving teenagers from taking advantage.

Ugh... Rant over, sorry for the long read.
What do you think?
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
None exist, except this. scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h…;

I'm the guy at the most left. 
How would you know about all these sexually explicit posts? Ah wait, you were actively looking for it ;) :iconteheplz:
Damn, you got me !!
angelishi already explained it perfectly. I've got nothing to add. :lol:
But you just did "add" something "/

You've made it clear to everyone reading this that by tagging his/her name that you agree with them, if you agreed you could of just stayed silent and left it at that, they've said everything you wanted to say so you dont need to say anything, am I right?
But instead you still choose to say something so its either...

You want attention/a reaction.
or
you are just licking his/her ass.

There's gotta be some form of agenda to your comment, else you wouldn't of gone through the effort of posting it.

I respect your opinion, we are all entitled to one. Just dont come on here trying to start an argument on purpose.

Ill say the same to you as I did to them, any other comment you post will just be ignored. Ive had my say, they've had their's so you can just read them instead of wasting mine and your time posting pointless shit just because you want somebody to notice you.

This is more embarrassing than a bad selfie, crickey. 
What's more embarrassing?
Your thread, hon. 
Hon...? Don't patronise me. Your joke fell flat, If this thread makes you feel uncomfortable there's all sorts of different pages and threads to look at that are more to your liking.

So instead of trying to make a joke out of me and this thread to get a laugh from some randomer (So you can feel better about yourself) why don't you help your self and pick something to comment on that you can relate to. You never know, you might even make some more friends.
It wasn't a joke, babe, it was an observation. 
myself 2

This is an appropriate thread for selfie-whoring.
I had a feeling that would happen, lmao
I concur! :dummy:

004 by Shikeleostar  002 by Shikeleostar  001 (9) by Shikeleostar  006 (3) by Shikeleostar  005 (4) by Shikeleostar  
Your hair looks soft. :P
Oh, it is :eyes:

...Really floofy aswell :meow:
The mask one doh ! XD Thats awesome !
somethings in need of a TL:dr
TL = Thread Lock?

Im still learning, sorry for my ignorance on this.
Too long; didn't read. 
Ahhhh now I see, dont worry about it, i wouldn't of read it either.
A TL;dr is to simplifies a post so its congested into a few sentences rather then a few paragraphs
Ahh okay doke.

My opinion - people who take selfies for faves or pictures of them self showing their ass or other explicits doesn't belong on this site, the pictures take up space other users can use to submit their work which theyve actually put time and effort in. Pictures taken for copsplay, by professionals or at events is okay.

there's other sites out there that better suit such explicit pictures, but at the end of the day they can do whatever they want and upload what they want.

agree?
disagree?