Best Things That Happaned To You In School?

So, what are all the best things that ever happened to you in school. Ranging from any school too. Did yu manage to make best friends or did you have some awesome schedule for school?

Me?

:bulletblack: In my last year of high school in Year 13, and obviously my last year of school altogether anyway, I got the most kickass timetable of periods ever. So, usually you have to pick six classes to take, and then take five of them everyday and one would not be attended that day. So, the teachers knew me enough that they allowed me to take just three classes instead. This meant that if I did not have a class, I could leave school and then come back later. Or I could come to school later or finish school earlier. So I could basically go home for a bit, get something to eat and take a quick shower and watch a bit of TV. And then I would have to return to school. I took all art classes. This meant that theywere right next door to each other. I had two classes in the same room so either, I would just wait there for the next class to come in, or I would then go to the class next door for another class. this saved me going through millions of crowds and hoping I wouldn't die. It made things much easier.

:bulletblack: Speaking of Year 13 I eventually left school halfway through. I'm the only kid in the house to do so. Two siblings finished Year 13 while the other two siblings didn't even do Year 13. I could sleep in and watch all the TV I wanted. Well, I would have my older brother around for a few hours if it was his day off. I pretty much left school because I didn't quite enjoy the classes.

:bulletblack: I got this pass so that I could leave school earlier. Again, the teachers knew that I had a weakness for crowds. So I was given a special pass that let me leave school about fifteen minutes earlier. I just had to show it to the school security guard. Yeah, we had one of them. Not metal detector ones but one that would just be in a little building all day.

:bulletblack: I made a friend that actually wanted to hang out with me. We liked a lot of the same things are shared ideas and stuff. It's funny that we both had titles for things we were working on that had the same name. I did make another friend and we talk from time to time. Pretty much any other friend I made in other schools, they would all get annoyed with me and started avoiding me.

:bulletblack:

You?
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Being attractive & popular among the opposite sex.
Bullet; White Finding out that I don't have to attend PE for the rest of my school career (as far as I know, at least) because of band. Whoop whoop! Shiny La 

Bullet; White Getting a 95% on a test just recently in a class of upperclassmen. The class average was 88%!

Bullet; White The very last days of 1st-6th grade. We would always just have snacks and chill out. i miss those days..

Haha, sweet. I remember one year my mum let us not do this sport day at school. But yeah as long as you're in a bandthen that's gotta be awesome.
Just being one of the good students in school makes me feel great, I suppose. :stare: 

I had good teachers. I was a nerd. Didn't make many friends in school though. 
* Being on good terms with the second acting co-ordinator so much so she always dismissed me from staying back if I got detention

* Impersonating most of my teachers in year 8 in a talent contest, winning it and being asked by teachers to repeat the impersonations of them for them years afterwards.

* The day I figured out a tricky code in science in year 9 [which translated to; 'Who ever figures out this code wins a mars bar], and became the envy of all my class mates because I figured it out before any of them.

* Coming within the top 100 of my state for my H.S.C Drama performance in year 12
-I moved to a new, larger city in Grade 11 with an awesome high school (as opposed to my tiny one in the village I grew up in). I had the most awesome Physics teacher ever. Just being in his class was great. He inspired my new love of science.

-Finishing English Literature 12 with 110%

-Getting awards at graduation due to my involvement in several school events and programming committees, as well as being on the Principle's list (super nerd award).
Had a very high GPA in high school , which was great to me at least. 

I had this teacher that would do fun things. Around Halloween time she would turn off the lights and read us Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark with a black light on. It was great, because it got me into reading actually, where as before I didn't read that much at all. And writing as well. 

Up to the fourth grade, on the last day, we would get McDonalds as lunch instead of regular school lunch. Likewise, there would be this barbecue day, where would get to eat outside eating burgers, chips, and soda. It was great because we didn't have soda at the school at all. 

In my English 101 class we had an assignment where we had to post a story of a picture that the professor posted. I made a long story, showing my interpretation of what was happening, and had some fun with it. Afterwards she said I should go into creative writing as a possible major, even so far as setting me up with the dean of the college of English. 
Getting straight A's from sophomore year to senior year and graduation day.

I didn't get straight A's on my freshman year though since I would always get A's, B's and C's. Nothing wrong with that though lol.
-had the best circle of friends

-my friends introduced me to the MOBA games which I wasn't interested at first...
but we had a hell lot of fun. (League Of Legends, Dota 1 & 2, etc.)

-my art developed here. I was inspired by my artistic friends :)
Yesterday my Italian teacher's mother-in-law died, so she was absent for the first time in four years. :B We didn't have to do two hours of Dante.
I found $9 on the floor once in middle school. :)
You guys go all the way up to year 13? :O_o: Does that include Kindergarten (if so then I guess we do too) We had no security at ours. Ours was too cheap and crappy. But in spite of that I remember a few good moments standing out like crystals embedded in a rock of otherwise dull, repetitive mediocrity, and they are:

:bulletred: The camp I went on in year 6 was probably the highlight of my school life. To think I almost didn't want to go! Not normally my thing, but since I was with friends and teachers I was familiar with, and that the place was organized and well-run, nothing bad happened (though by the end of it I was feeling a little homesick). It was certainly a bonding experience that my friends and I would talk about for years afterwards before we eventually went our separate ways.

:bulletorange: At the end of the school year we'd often spend the last day having a classroom party. Students were encouraged to bring snacks and soft drinks and board games etc on the last day. We'd spend the whole day in the class just doing whatever while listening to music. I'd often draw or just chat with my friends, and with a table full of sweets and goodies to pick at whenever you felt like, well all the better. I think this was the school's way of encouraging students to actually bother coming in on the last day (many would get it off). But it seemed to fizzle out over the years. Not sure if because the older grades didn't do it, or if the school just phased it out altogether. It stopped around year 6 for me. In high school we still got the last day off easy, we'd often just end up watching a movie in class instead (lol, usually either Shrek or American Pie)

:bulletyellow: Every rained-out P.E. or sports class was a blessing (for many of us, except the handful that actually enjoyed sports). We'd often just go to the AV room and watch a movie or TV series, or just back to class and do whatever as long a sit wasn't too disruptive. Once again, I often spent these moments drawing or conversing with my friends. More relaxing than organized sports either way.

:bulletgreen: In high school I got to get out of regular classes for most of the day since the neighbouring primary school (which is the one I went to - both schools were next to each other and under the same name) was having their annual "Japanese Day" - and they wanted some tutors to show kids there how to draw anime-style art. Since I was one of only a few students in the whole school who even drew that sort of stuff, I was selected to go to the primary school with another guy and we taught kids how to draw manga as one of their many activities for this day they had. Afterwards we were treated to a table full of snacks too before finally going back to our school just in time for lunchtime, and after that the only lessons I had left for the day were art anyway!

:bulletblue: I got a trophy in my final year of primary school for outstanding art performance too. It's not the kind you keep though which kinda sucks, but your name goes down engraved on the records on the trophy for that year (judging by this - some other kid before me got it twice!) but we could keep it for the year before returning it. It's the only art-related prize they even did, since art was always second-fiddle to academics and sports, so I was glad I was even able to get that, sealing my reputation as the artist of the school.
Yep. 

:bulletred: Nice. I never went out on a camp with a class. I almost did but then I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. 

:bulletorange: Yeah we did that too. Everyone would bring in some nice snacks and other food. I remember one term we did a pajama party, so we brought in the usual food and drinks and the Buzz game. 

:bulletyellow: I'm not sure how our P.E. worked out back in primary school. In intermediate and high school you would just go into the gym. I remember one class we just had to go on some of the workout equipment.

:bulletgreen: Ah, nice. That would have been awesome. Actually reminds me when he painted a few murals that were sent to the post office. We then got to go to the post office and have snacks.

:bulletblue: Nice. I wish I had gotten a trophy or something from art though. 
I'm surprised I went, knowing how I was - I bet my mother was concerned how I'd fare spending 5 days far away from my comfort zone, but she knew I would have been in good hands so she actually encouraged me to try it. Lucky, she was right on all accounts :aww:

We never had pajama parties, but that did remind me of something we called "mufty day" (have no idea what that word means still) where students didn't even have to wear their uniforms (something tells me Australian and NZ schools are very similar, but in case they're not - uniforms and mandatory among all schools here, private schools just get nicer ones, but even public schools like mine had a dress and colour code) but for one day a year we were free to wear our regular clothes to school. There was a catch though, you had to donate at least a dollar, and sometimes I couldn't since I didn't get much money. Still a neat idea though.

P.E. classes inside the gym were usually more easier for me to bear, especially during summer (ugh, gets SO HOT here). Indoor soccer, table tennis, regular tennis and basketball were usually our main undercover sports, and I was alright with those.

Oh, that mural thing reminded me again - in my senior year of high school I was the main participant in a large mural that was put up in the main part of the school's outdoor area too. It was like my final impression before leaving school altogether and as far as I know - it's still there, nearly a decade later 8-)
A surprise birthday party on my final year.

And the graduation day.
Nice. I think my class was gonna plan a little party for when I was leaving school.