More Like This

So I've noticed that when I go to just about every other image on this site, the More Like This section actually shows images related to the image in question. But if I look through mine, it's an entire lottery of different images based only on the categories I choose. Is this the same for everyone, where they see others' images have proper more like this folders, but don't see the same for their own, or is it more isolated than that?
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I am embarrassed to say that I have not explored many features here on this site. :dead:
I went ahead and looked at a couple of posts in your gallery. You seem to only put one or two tags on each of your deviations. This leaves them rather open-ended and anything can be related to them, thus the crap-shoot of 'similar' deviations.

When I upload deviations, I try to stick as many descriptive tags as possible so I can net as many people as possible to at least consider clicking on my stuff. When people go out again to see what's similar to what I produce, they usually find related deviations with similar tags. Just tagging something with 'oc' just isn't enough. Everyone has an 'oc'. Heck, I'm even a guy that is against using the term 'oc' because... Every character is an original character! Luke Skywalker didn't come from nowhere, somebody thought him up!
Hmm, this is true. I tend to try and post tags relative to the art in question, to be honest.
Yes, but so do I. You can think of more tags that do relate to your art. I'm not going to tag my art with #starwars if my piece has nothing to do with that franchise, obviously.

With that said, I will tag with things that might be related or similar to my work. I lot of my stuff features themes that are similar to symbiotes from Spider-Man, so I do tag my stuff with #symbiote or #venom etc.