Is this strange?

Okay, I have this really weird thing that happens to me. If I am sitting down and somebody walks too close to me I feel a sudden urge to kick them. I have never done it, but I have felt various times, even if I have no quarrel with the other person. Is this something that you have felt before? if not, what's something weird that happens to you?
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I suspect a vestigial instinct from tree dwelling ancestors, maybe something like defending a branch from others who would maybe try and knock you off and take your place.  Like the way our eyes are wired to pay attention to moving animals as threats when in this day and age we are far more likely to be killed by an inanimate pot hole in the road.
Yea, this makes sense, I can see how a lot of things that happen are somewhat obsolete but once used to be useful, maybe we need an upgrade, lol. 
Yeah, that's the problem with genetic coding... it is easy to add useful new features but all the old stuff just gets left behind and never deleted. 
I'd be driving my car, and, I'd see myself in my minds eye veering off and into the other car. I just used the thought to pay better attention to what I was doing with the steering wheel. It didn't last that long or happen every time I'd go by another car consciously, but, to me it represented awareness.
interesting, I have this feeling sometimes as well, but it is not as strong as the other one.
My body image has been known to throw the occasional punch or kick at certain people. Maybe its self reassurance from the minds eye to our conscious level that we could take the action we visualize.
hmm, yea, this makes sense. 
People get odd urges and thoughts all the time, it's normal.
yea, I have heard that this happens to reinforce the opposite thought, and make you not do something stupid, but sometimes it makes me wonder how strong my will is. 
You're not going to do anything, people have been conditioned strongly not to. ^^
Those are just impulse thoughts, don't worry. Pat pat 
damn impulses, they make me question my sanity. 
I once during Thanksgiving I was standing in front of my grandma. We were talking about some stupid shit, I can't remember.. But anyways she wasn't doing anything to agitate me but I just had this random thought like... What if I just punched her? That's horrible, but I'd never do it. I was just mind wondering. It's harmless.
lol, I have felt like kicking my grandma when is in kicking distance of me, she is such a nice lady. 
Also related note: humans sometimes have a strange brain thing where if they're on a cliff or bridge, they have an impulse to jump off - even if they are 100% mentally sound and not suicidal.
It's some "I don't have control of this thing, I'll take control of the situation by jumping into that thing" thing... or something..