do you think SPENCERS is the "poor mans" hottopic?

granted, they still are very expensive but cheaper than hottopic and has pretty much the same things and then some. 
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Eh, maybe. It is cheaper than Hot Topic and no one can tell me differently. Hot Topic is better because it doesn't smell gross and not everything is obscene (there was a necklace with a foam butt plug pendant on it at Spencer's last time I was there). I do love the hats at Spencer's...I got a Ted one and I love it~!
Spencers sell grosser stuff, Hot Topic is much cooler.
Hahaha. Hey, everyone! You may want to think twice about farting in public after you see what an infrared camera at the airport will catch. :D (Big Grin) 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FxI3…
I've only wandered through Spencer's once or twice and that was enough (the dirty crap disgusts me), so to me it's more of the dirty Hot Topic.  Hot Topic itself is awesome. I've bought all sorts of stuff there - geeky shirts (Legolas, Loki, Zelda, ect), earrings, tu-tus, pins.  The trick is to either order online for 20-30% off and have it shipped to the store for $1, or buy a bunch of t-shirts during their $10 Black Friday sale.
I'm surprised Hot Topic never made it over to the UK.
They are both the "cheap man's store", if your not scared of stealing shit.
They look almost alike at first, but they're very different. :nod: 

I accidentally wandered in to the back of a Spencers once. :O
yeah I try to avoid that especially when my dad is with me D: 
I used to be obsessed with Spencers.  They had one at a mall I used to go to, and they had really cool stuff for sale.  I never noticed that Hot Topic had similar stuff for sale.
Both are almost next to each other at the mall here and I shop at both. Spencer's has the same jewelry without the rotating selection and much of the pop culture stuff, but also has gag gifts, seasonal merchandise, Playboy merchandise and a lot of other stuff. Hot Topic is great for (not so much for plus sizes like me) Gothic oriented clothing, also for humorous T-shirts that aren't risque like what Spencer's has.
HT isn't nearly as big on goth/punk/alt as it was years ago. These days, it's primarily pop culture. There's more Doctor Who merchandise than there is fishnets and collars.
True, they do still have some of those things, as well as on the website for HT, but these days you have to go outside the malls to find anything good of that type
Yeah, I did get a nice pair of skeleton print skinny jeans there. You can still get the look, but you have to know what you're looking for in the first place.
Is the mall you shop at in Virginia?
Every mall I've been to has them close together.
I've been to Spencer's once- hot topic none. I guess it's whatever you prefer. 
Isn't Spencer's older?:O_o:
Much older ..The first Spencer's opened in 1947.(1963 in a mall) Hot topic wasn't founded until 1988
Hooray for Spencers,Fuck these youngsters and their modern fashion stores.:zombiewoo: 
I prefer ye olden days when you got stuff from the General Store or ordered it through the back of National geographic to be delivered by pony