I need a smidge of advice// art zine application

Art zines, the're really cool and you get to discover so many budding artists and new things but actually applying to be in one, well that another story completely.

how would you go about writing an application for one?

example

Hello~!

I am Interested in your (name of zine) zine . 
I wish to create art for this zine, Here are some examples of my work-

Pro Core Gijinka by pulchramen  Steven Universe// Connie by pulchramen  Sharkysaur commission by pulchramen  let me dazzle you by pulchramen  OC// Charlotte hanovner by pulchramen    

More examples of my work can be found here on my Deviantart ; http/pulchramen.deviantart.com…
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think thats a perfectly good way to ask- simple polite and straightforward! I hope you do get into the zine, your work is gorgeous as always <3
Actually I'd keep it simple like that. Also add any special talents you might have (like speed) that would be worth mentioning I think. Maybe making a specific portfolio instead of your deviantart page if you don't think you should link to your deviantart gallery? Like coroflot or behance?
I accidentally sent it literally 2 seconds after i made that post, i should be fine right? //sweats 
Considering your art and how straightforward and polite you were I think you shouldn't have anything to fear. :)