Exposing my tiny country! Guess what country is it?

When I say "Tiny country" that means, it's a tiny Central American country. Do you guess what country is it?

Well, it's El Salvador. A small country in Central America, best know for it's food and how we speak spanish. 

And here's a map of El Salvador: "orig06.deviantart.net/c89e/f/2…"

Our traditional food is "Pupusas". A tortilla, (Traditional tortillas, not the ones you can buy on supermarkets) which contains beans, cheese, crackling, and zucchini, well, not al of them together (Maybe if you are eating a "Pupusa Loca" or "Pupusa revuelta"). 
The ingredients depends on what kind of Pupusa you are eating.

Here is a picture of the pupusas: "s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/7…"

We have a lot of traditions, maybe some strange traditions... But they are really funny! 
If you want to visit El Salvador here is our official tourist page: 
www.elsalvador.travel/welcome/

If you want to know more about my country, leave a comment! :) 
I am gonna be posting some journals about El Salvador! If you want to know more about this country, don't forget to visit my journals oftenly. :)
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
God bless you guys for making pupusas, that's one of my favorite things to make although I add mozerella cheese, white rice and ground meat.
Well, thanks to the Mayas who made them! :aww: 
I am glad you like pupusas as much as a salvadorean does. :heart:
el salvador! aah una cuñada mía se fue de ahí a estudiar medicina a cuba y se vino para acá, a Chile. imagínate pasar del clima tropical al austral, muerta de frío!!
por lo que ella ha contado allá en tu país se come todo frito. es verdad? exagera? xd
Not all things are cooked frito. But the majority, yes. :D
(Im talkign in english, because of the Forum Rules)
oops, sorry xd

i thought she was making it up xD
It's real! But it's only so in the forums - you can talk any language you like in your journal, art comments etc :)
damn, i'll be careful xD
That food looks delicious. 
Thanks! 
And, it tastes delicious! :)
It sounds amazing - and I guessed Vatican-City
Thanks! :)
Well, Vatican City is the tiniest country in the world, so! :XD:
Mi hermano fue a hacer horas de vuelo a El Salvador y se trajo unas pupusas, muy diferentes a las que comemos aquí, casi nunca les ponemos salsa =P
The pupusas were created in El Salvador. The ancient Indigenas created it. :)
Who said they didn't? :P
No one, im just saying a fact. :B
I thought you misunderstood, because pupusas are very popular here but we have never considered them ours, in fact everywhere you find them they always promote them as "Pupusas Salvadoreñas" :)
Where are you from ? :D
I don't get why the hell we can't talk another language is not fair
>:[ they are not suppose to understand us.
Because the forum has to be moderated by volunteers and we can't speak all languages ^^ but you're free to talk anywhere else in whatever language you like! You could comment on each others page or journal, or in notes :happybounce:
I fucking agree! Now we are not allowed to talk in our own languages here? I wish DA was MULTILANGUAGE!!! Rage