Allergies?

What allergies do you have? I have an allergy to bees and raw honey. My throat closes up. Never enough that I truly can't breathe, but enough that it's scary. What about you?
Comments172
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Too many to list, but the most irritating one is grass.  I can't even walk across the lawn barefoot!  Strangely, I have an immunity to poison ivy.  So, I could roll in poison ivy and be 100% okay, but rolling down a grassy hill would send me to the hospital. :shrug:
wow. that must be frustrating?
It is!!!  Not even my food allergies make life so miserable.  Peanuts may be in a lot of foods, but grass is literally everywhere.  Everywhere!!!! :cries:
True, it is EVERYWHERE.
Hmm, I think I might have a math allergy as well. ;)
Cats, dogs, bees, dust, mold, mildew, trees, grasses, pollen... I literally have seasonal allergies for every season. No food or medical allergies, though.
Seasonal ones aren't too bad sometimes... I mean, they're better than food and medicine ones! 
Depends on how severe they are. I'm better, now that I've been getting shots, but before, I would literally sneeze so hard and for so long that I would have trouble standing; walking was out of the question.
Yea, you're right.
I'm allergic to penicillin and paracetamol. I've been nearly killed by a few inattentive nurses in my time.
Most fruits and veggies, cats, dust, and Ibuprofen/Advil.

- I'm allergic to fruits and veggies I wasn't before like watermelon. I'll still eat them since only my mouth and lips itch, but avoid avocados since they make my throat swell.
- I found out I was allergic to Ibuprofen/Advil when I took one and went to school. Red, itchy splotches appeared on my skin so I was sent to the nurse's office. I laid in bed with a blanket covering me until I was picked up. I got to stay home for the day!
- I didn't find out I was allergic to cats until a few years ago, and I've always lived with cats. It feels like its gotten worse though as being in my mom's house makes me sick if I stay longer for a day.
Oh, wow about the ibuprofen and advil. Yikes. 
To fucking grasses, it was supposed to be over but yet it is still there, fml

it's hard to breathe, especially with my nose, the mucous membranes swell
Ahh, yea. Frustrating, I know.
Latex- I get a rash or eczema
Copper and Nickel- eczema
Cats- eczma
Lychees- tingling in mouth.

I get a rash from mild sun exposure. I burn and get sun poisoning as well.

My brother is the allergy king though.
Interesting, so nothing gives you internal (besides the tingling in the mouth) reactions? mostly skin things? That's interesting.
And nothing anaphylactic, that's my brother's job. Though everyone in my family has very sensitive skin.
Ah, that's pretty good.
I couldn't imagine carrying around an epipen, my brother has never had to use it but still carried it around incase of an emergency.
Hmm, I've got one, just in case this honey issue ever gets out of hand, but I've never used it, and never taken it anywhere. I mean, it's probably good to take it around, just in case of an emergency.
My brother has always been on the verge of a deadly peanut allergy but my mum was pretty vigilant about keeping peanuts far away from him at all times, too the point that we never really eat peanuts now, even though he doesn't live with my parents anymore. 20 years of sterilising anything that could possibly contain peanuts will do that to you.
View all replies
I have a horrible dust allergy.. It makes my life really bad. We've just installed one of those air purifiers from freshairpurifiers.net/ecoquest… and this is the only thing that helps me breathe free at least at home. How do you guys fight with such problems?