Worried

You know that feeling. When you have to do a presentation in front of a crowd, or when someone close to you is suffering. What are some things you do to keep yourself calm?
Lately, I've been a little stressed, not sure why and would love to know some tips for overcoming anxiety. 
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Public speaking: fake confidence, don't make a massive fuss over screwing up your words, take it all in your stride and if you've got the general idea of a speech then wing it a bit. Last one worked well for a presentation in college.

Someone suffering: controlled venting can be good but taking relevant action can also help depending on the situation.

Generally: personally I talk to myself a lot, which sometimes adds to the anxiety, and has gotten to a point where it seems like I'm talking to a different version of myself that tells 'me' me to stop worrying.
Thank you for the tips. :happybounce: Everyone's comments have made me feel better. ^_^ It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets worried over these things. I'll try to help out my friend. They've been really sad lately.
Meditation and rap music (or beyonce)
I love Beyonce. :heart:
For me, when I'm worried. I just do it haha. No better cure for worry than to think "I did it :)"
:happybounce: Thanks for the help.
Can I bounce off you?
Something that helps me is to directly confront what's making me anxious. For example, speaking in public. I picture the scenario in my head, and just, well, imagine it. Find out what's actually making me nervous. Is it me messing up? Stuttering by accident, etc? If so, I practice my speech over and over again, to show myself that I know what I'm going to say, and to assure myself that I won't mess up. 

I don't know if that will help, but it helps give me some confidence. Llama Emoji-51 (Content) [V3] 
This helps a lot. Thanks for the advice. Hug 
You're welcome. Good luck with everything! hug 
Sometimes you have to let yourself suffer or be anxious a bit. For public speaking, I try to tell myself that it'll be over soon and that most of the audience won't really care, so I care less, though not at all. You just have to dial down your fear, not suppress it. Fear is a good motivator when used wisely. Even faking confidence can help. As for loved ones suffering, just try to be there for them and minimize their pain.
^_^ I'll try my best to dial down my fear, not suppress it. I'm actually worried because of the second example. I'll do my best to make them feel better. Thanks for the advice. :happybounce: 
Sometimes I display a strange sense of calmness.
The rest of times, I just do what needs to be done and don't worry about the stress. It eventually goes away by itself.
^_^ I'll try my best to stay calm. Sometimes, my problems get the best of me. I'm sure this will pass eventually. 
It really depends. If its a presentation I want to know it front and back so that is what calms me for that kind of presentation. If its the someone close suffering that just requires as much sensitivity as you can exhibit.
That makes sense. :D Thank you for the advice. 
:D You're welcome!
Jack Daniels whiskey,a cigar and hookers always help me.
Sorry to hear about how you're feeling.

I try to distract myself as much as I can. Sometimes I write about something that made me feel really good at some point in my life. Reliving that feel-good moment through writing helps me a lot when I'm feeling panicky and anxious.

Good luck :)
Thank you for the advice. :D
You're welcome :) Good luck.
Have you tried cranking one out?