A glitch in the matrix.

Have you ever felt a disturbance in the force? A glitch in the matrix? Have you experienced a J.J Abrhams, something that makes no sense and can't be explained? Maybe someone you know predicted a terrible, unimaginablly horrible future years before Justin bieber arrived on the music scene and you start to wonder how they knew it would come to pass o.0

Possibly an event you can't even tell was real or a dream anymore from the years of repressing that tingle of a spiked, metallic probe in your anal cavity or that laughing unicorns..er.. probe in said cavity.

Maybe you met Elvis last Tuesday? Or simply you noticed a independently moving light in the sky or a weird growth on your genitals that resembles Taylor Swift.

Share your totally batshit crazy stories here even if they're fiction. No one will judge either way.
Comments110
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i had an experience a couple of years ago, where i was going on a hike with my local scout group to pindar caves, for 2 nights. we were walking back to camp from the caves, (4 hour walk total) and myself and a friend were out the front by about a kilometre on the track, and no signs of the rest of the group over the hills and we heard an unseen rustling to our left. the same sound was heard several times over the next hour, and at that time we were scared shitless(always on the left), until we heard it for the last time, closer than usual and we looked and saw a tall blue-black figure running away through the bush.

i nearly experienced inception, a dream within a dream. i dreamed that i was in class and i fell asleep. and in that dream, there was just me flouting in a vast of nothing but darkness. i told myself i was in a dream and i woke up in class in the first dream and woke up in real life. it was some where stuff.   
Well I have lot of dark and disturbing dreams but that would take a whole book. So I'll tell you about one that wasn't supposed to be as strong as it was but I guess it just didn't get the memo. WARNING THIS SHIT IS LONG!

This is fairly recent and happened a few weeks ago: I felt a sore throat coming on one night and that usually means that the next few days are gonna be hell. I'm horrible when I get sick, so anyways I went to my room and played with my tablet until I got knocked out. (I rarely let myself fall asleep naturally so my brain usually knocks me out.) Before my first awakening came the routine darkness associated with my knockout sleep, then the dream. 

--Dream World: I wasn't in it but I was watching like an observer, I had no body that I was aware of and all I could do was see. It was set on the first floor of one of those office building, the ones with a bunch of glass, and they were two doors. One one the left (commonly used as an entrance) and one on the right (seen as an exit). They were two men behind a desk: one wearing a dark suit  (I think black) with his face hidden behind a scarf, the other also wearing a suit but lighter (I believe it was white) face not hidden. Everything was gray-scaled (in shades of gray) except for one bright yellow scarf hanging above the men's heads. 

People started coming in, a couple with a child. They asked the men for something, but they said that they couldn't help the couple at the moment, and that they should just "hang tight" and they'll be able to help soon. The couple with their child excited through the right door (leading me to believe that it was an exit). Then another came in, a mother and a child, the same happened. The men couldn't help and they left. My brain started filling in information for me as I watched this, I realized that those were town people and the building was a help center. The men, they were supposed to help these people and they were CHOOSING not to. They were impostors working for dark forces, I saw the smiling shadow by the exit door its grin getting wider as person after group of people exited pained of heart. 

--Real World: I woke all of the sudden after I came to these conclusions, I needed to pee. I relieved myself and turned on the light to wash my hands and face. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, I looked horrible: my eyes were bloodshot and I had a horrible headache. I decided to go back to bed because I knew that I was getting sick. 

--Dream World: As soon as I fell asleep I was back in the dream. "So it's gonna be one of those dreams huh? A sequence." I thought to myself somehow (no body remember). I continued watching as the pattern went on, the men just refused to help and let everyone down easy. "Everything will be fine" they said, "we have limited resources" they said, "this is only temporary" THEY SAID!!! ALL LIES!! But something happened, I'm not quite sure what, and they started noticing me. Slowly but surely the hidden started being aware.

--Real World: I work up once again when I started noticing this. I felt worse. my headache was unbearable and a fever was coming in. I decided to go back to sleep, there was nothing else to do.

--Dream World: I came back and the people stop coming. The man hiding behind the scarf started looking around as if looking for me. He had found me. He looked at me for a while, then shifted his gaze to his partner.

--Real World: I woke up, I had a full force fever and was sweating a lot. I willed myself back to sleep.

--Dream World: The hidden one was speaking to the other, he motioned to my direction... well the direction of my sight. Now they were both looking, for awhile nothing happened. Then their eyes started shifting, kinda swirling ominously. They were angry at being watched, even the shadow was no longer smiling. 

--Real World: I woke up and couldn't breathe. I just couldn't. My chest was constricted and I just could. Not. Breathe. I got up and hurried out of my room, when I reached the stair I started feeling a little better. I went down the stairs and into my parents' room and woke up my mother. She told me to go make some tea (I could breathe now and only had my headache and fever), it was about 5:00 AM and I made my tea and didn't go back to sleep. 

I stayed home that day and thought about that dream for awhile. I realized that the more aware the men became of my presence, the sicker I felt. YES THIS IS A TRUE STORY, LIKE I MENTIONED IT HAPPENED A FEW WEEKS AGO. AND IF ANYONE CRAZY ENOUGH MADE IT 'TILL THE END OF THIS LONG THING, GOOD JOB FOR YOUR PATIENCE. 
ive had several of these "dream visions" or clairvoyant dreams in the past. More so as a child and young adult. Also had encounters with the other side a few times. However, there are three instances that I can remember vividly even to this day, years later, as though it were yesterday.

Back when I was but a boy, my family moved into a new house. The house, itself, was okay. A 3/2 with a small back yard, 3 blocks away from our school. However, I always felt uncomfortable in it. I never slept well. Always had funky dreams that I couldn't remember but they would wake me up at night. Nothing ever actually happened though in the house until one night. I woke up from a dead sleep, thirsty. Very thirsty. Like I had not had a drink in days. I had to get a drink. Had to. So, I went to the kitchen, which was on the other side of the house. I didn't want to turn any lights on for fear of waking my siblings and mother. I made it all the way to the entrance into the kitchen, when I saw it. A full sized shadow, darker than anything else in the house, obstructing the doorway into the kitchen. I tried to comprehend what I was seeing... But couldn't. It was just... A shadow in the doorway. No specific features except for the fact that it obviously was adult sized and bipedal. Everything else? Pitch darkness. I ran. Screaming through the house, straight into my mothers bedroom, yelling, "Mom! There's someone in the house! Over and over again. She woke up and immediately grabbed the bat she kept by her bed and ran out of the bedroom. She returned after what felt like forever and sat next to me and said, "Matthew. There's nobody inside the house. All the doors are locked. All the windows are locked... What did you see?" When I told her what happened she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and said, "Matthew, I am only going to ask you this once. Are you sure you saw it? Are you sure it wasn't just a bad dream?" When I vehemently affirmed that what I saw was real and not a dream she just nodded her head and took me back to my room. We moved out 2 weeks later. Skip ahead 10 years and her and I were talking about that house and that event. She leans in and says, "Matthew, to be perfectly honest. I never felt safe in that house. It always felt like there was... Something... Else inside the house. Watching us. When you told me what you saw, I knew we couldn't stay. I knew we had to move. Whatever was in that house was not a friend of ours."

The other two stories...? Well... Those may have to wait for another camp fire.
The other day, I could have sworn I saw Hoffa riding a pink Harley Davidson.
I actually don't really experience anything weird other than seeing may way-too-weird dreams. It's rather boring, to be honest.

I dunno if this counts, but sometimes I just do something by instinct or a feeling and I manage to avoid something bad or get a test answer right. I'm either lucky or the Force is guiding me. I hope it's the latter! :D
The two things that come to mind are my last trip to Disney and the one night I didn't put the blinds so that they would tilt up instead of down...... I'm OCD about my blinds, people have walked through our yard before so I don't want them staring at me while I sleep.....
My last trip to Disney, we were doing a little scavenger hunt activity they had for Wilderness Explorers, and after we were leaving one area, I experienced major déjà vu. I remembered dreaming about walking past the exact same little shop stall and down the same street probably a few years before. I could barely remember it, I just remembered that I had it. But I never really focused on that dream, and if i can't remember all of the dream, I usually forget it forever..... And this was a few years after I had it. o.o
With the blinds... It really not that creepy, but the one night that the blinds are tilted down at me, I heard tapping on the window. It wasn't like it was really quiet, but it sounded like a person tapping. There isn't ANYTHING else around my window that could've done it. It would tap a few times, and then stop for awhile and I thought it was over, but it tapped again after that..... I still don't know what it was.
It's possible that the tapping could have been a bird stumbling around outside. Random tapping outside my window happens to me sometimes, and I've decided to not be afraid of it anymore, and rationalize it as just a bird. Better than considering what other possibilities could be out there tapping on my bedroom window at four in the morning... Nickderp 
I always tilt the blinds up as well :lol: Can I ask how you were sure it wasn't deja vu because i'm hearing this a lot but I can't understand it..?
I really don't know. I always thought my dream was déjà vu, just a little different. Even when I recognized that I had dreamt what I was doing, time seemed to slow down a little. There were some major things missing too. And I forgot to mention, the only time I had been to Disney before that dream was when I was three, and I can't remember that either.... Plus it would've looked different that my "three year old version", so I don't know how it could've been so accurate.
You know what..... Humans must be evolving to have semi-phychic powers because of this many people are dreaming about something that happen later, something is going on. That would be pretty amazing though....
Many, lets say more openly minded Physicists and Neuro scientists are proposing this idea that as we use higher brain function (particularly when thinking about others or animals) we do access parts of our brain that are not yet fully known. I read this epic book about this but I can't remember the name, one of the Neuro scientists that helped with the book, who is highly praised for his other work on the brain explained this in a way I couldn't possibly do so here on DA, but basically he is convinced when you do something for others or are empathizing with other etc, etc the unknown parts of the brain that light up on an MRI are capable of (these are my words, Im paraphrasing here cause I can't remember how he put it) some extra perceptional feats and reality manipulation among other things. I'll try and find the book on amazon because it went into a lot of other interesting detail  of how the brain evolved, the path its going and all the little "sub senses" other than our main five among some other cool speculation and hypothesis on how our mind interacts with reality on a quantum level. I'll post back once I get the name.
Cool! Thanks for the infomation! =D
I experience rather weak bouts of "precognition" every know and then. Mostly not for meant myself, but just something like the feeling that I'm supposed to take an object with me for someone (e.g. tissues, than I met someone who was crying at the bus stop) or once that I should show one of my drawings to someone (and it somehow had a meaning to that person). Precognition is a simple label use when I don't want to get into the whole explanation thing ... it's more a mix of intuition and prophecy, as these things tend to happen mostly in times when I feel more connected to God.
And I still remember a really weird-ass "dream" from my childhood, but I can't recall waking up from it, and it always seemed way too real in a strange way. A similarly gifted friend of mine told me as well that the experience didn't really sound like a normal dream.
Well, there's been rumors that my school, CSA, was a cemetery. But the most popular story was that CSA was a hill where a girl named Mary had died. They landscaped it until it was flat ground, and then started building. So time skip to 2013-2015. Me and my friends usually walk around the campus when we're done eating and there's loads of time. We stop by a water fountain and I go to drink until my friend says: 'LOOK OUT!' and I stop walking, look down, and there's a thing engraved into the pavement, it says 'Chrizo'. I ignored it but still made sure not to step on it, since they say that a ghost would follow you. Then we walk a bit more, then we see a name on the ground with a date. More rumors came as my friend told me that a highschooler at CSA died right before class picture day. So then she says that the dead student was in the picture, but it was in a blur. I don't really know whether to believe her or not, but I just believed her anyways.
This guy with sunglasses once offered me blue pills and red pills...
Which ones did you take? Btw, I'm stealing this idea. :lol:
I mushed them in a cocktail and drank it on a single shot XD
You should have took the blue pill. :no:
I see the future in my dreams from time to time, but I don't remember foreseeing the event until it actually occurs, and then I get all wibbly-wobbly, Bioshock Infinite, constants and variables dizzy. My sister yells at me to stop it when I have this kind of reaction (usually just shaking my head out and blinking for a few seconds, or grimacing like I have a bad headache) but it's not something I can help. It's like annoying Deja Vu.

The longest gap between foresight and event that I ever had was when my single-digit aged self dreamt of an event that would happen to my college-age self. THAT was fucking stupid. Over ten years and then WHAM.

And the only time I ever actively remembered the foreseen event up to the point where it happened was when I was in a car crash. I disregarded it as a nightmare at first, but when I heard the words "Brake, brake, HIT THE BRAKE", I knew what was going to happen immediately five seconds later and I was utterly shell-shocked in the days that followed: trying to comprehend how I had seen my own injury and completely threw it aside. Didn't help that I'd hit my head on the front passenger side seat, either.
Sounds like deva vu to me. You're sure these were dreams? Or did it feel like it happened before? Because Deja vu is the literal title of this thread.
It's not Deja Vu. I've ruled out that it's Deja Vu. You ever have one of those nights where you have a dream but when you wake up the next morning you can't remember shit about it five minutes or so after getting up? Yeah, it's like that.
I get this feeling every time I go into the Philosophy & Religion forum.