Wow, what a great deal!

Can you recall the most recent "best deal" you have made? Any regrets/buyer's remorse? :lol:

I signed up for a health insurance recently. I am quite sure it was a good deal as there is no price to security, but I think time will tell if it was a great deal or not.

:shifty:

Bonus reply incentive: 50 measly points goes out for the most amusing reply (chosen by me, of course) received by 1st April 2015, 12noon Singapore time. :P
Comments193
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm a LEGO collector, and I recently got a $90 set on clearance at WalMart for $25. I had been eyeing it for a while and lamenting that I didn't have enough money in my weekly budget for it.

It's still nothing compared to a deal my mother got for a birthday present for me. It was a $100+ LEGO train set that she got for only half a dollar. The only thing missing was the AC adapter. I found a compatible one attached to a decorative fountain I owned. Unfortunately, it was rather awkward setting it up because the cord was only about as long as the width of my outstretched hand. Why would anyone make cords that short?! Well, I made it work, because there was no way I was going to shell out the cash to buy the ridiculous number of batteries needed to power the set without it.
Woah, 50 cents for a lego train set? That's sooo cheap! :o
[Bad puns warning]

I accidentally sold my soul to Santa.. All I got was two elfs and a reindeer; at least I've still got my elf. 
its just a silly play on words I shouldn't worry you aren't missing out on much :D
I feel so slow suddenly! :lmao:

:hug:
I bought a whole bunch of really cute earrings online, ranging from $1 and less. Online is the ONLY place you can ever find deals like that, and they aren't cheaply made either totally made my day when they arrived.
Ah yes, those deals are awesome. It doesn't hurt if we lose them either as it's just a dollar as well...
Totally, nothing beats it! :D
So I went in search of a Super Nintendo since mine died and was happy to see one sitting in the back room through a half open door at a local pawn shop.  The guys there said no way was it for sale because they use it for recreation when the place is empty.  Bummed, I began to browse the game section and saw Kingdom Hearts which I had yet to play.  So I bought it and took it home only to find that it didn't play!  My husband took it out of the playstation 2 and saw that it was cloudy and scratched a bit.  I was embarrassed I hadn't checked first myself.  So my 6'4" husband goes back and is like "Did you sell my wife this busted game?"  Now these guys are a couple of pudgy nerds who were obviously intimidated by him (and now out of business 1 year later)  They were all "oh is something the matter??  hmm it seems the disk is a little cloudy but it will probably work.   ....oh it doesn't work?  I'll let you trade for something else!  No refunds so what'll it be?" We both know these guys know better so he points to the Nintendo and says "I'll take that."  It was only a little awkward watching them quickly unplug everything and box it up, controller included.  -I'd say that was a good deal for me.

That's definitely a great deal! Gotta give the credits to your husband, though. 
lol yeah he was more upset about the game not working because he was excited for me to play it. He kept saying how fun it was and that I would love it so he was pretty ticked that it didn't work.
Yeah, I think anyone would be ticked about something not working as they should. I know I'd be miffed!
One time, when I went clothes shopping,  I got about 75% off on the total purchase.
That's beautiful. I love sales like that. :D
I paid $8 for a real leather purse that was originally $64 B)
Woah, I would have gotten it too!
A fancy, warm and colorful scarf that used to be 30 bucks for 3.50. They were closing the store and wanted to get rid of all the stuff
That's incredible. :wow: I hope it's worth it!!
Yup. It is warm and cute :la:
All those Silly Bands I bought when I was little. I regret every. Single. Cent.
I regret every stupid cards I have collected (and now I dunno where they are)
Every Dollar Tree visit ever. 
I only regret it if Justin and I end up leaving with $20 worth of junk food. I mostly just buy tupperware and cooking supplies there.
Hah, those things are so easy to lose.