Snow! :D

So as of today, a historic blizzard is sweeping through the northeast in the US. (My mother would say people in Alaska or Canada are laughing at us right now because we're freaking out and that's possibly normal for them) If you get snow, what do you usually do with it? Shovel it? Build something out of it? 

However, if you don't get snow, what was the closest you ever gotten to frozen natural stuff? Hail? Ice storms? Walking on a glacier? 

I'll probably build a nice big igloo with all of this snow :dummy: I just hope nobody destroys it :stare: 
Comments84
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, you get tons of snow, while we in the Midwest have temps in the upper 50s. Coastal people always get the fun stuff... :grump:
Since living in Texas, all I've seen are light flurries that don't accumulate except on car windshields. I want a big snowfall to cover the ground this winter! But not now, cuz I'm sick and want to be able to enjoy the snow without frozen mucous! :o
Can snow a good deal in the winter here, but so far a mild winter save for a couple weeks in December. 
Where I grew up, it didn't snow at all. But now where I live, it snows just a teeny bit. When I settle down for good, I want it to be in a fairly cold place, so I'm thinking of this experience as a way to ease myself into "Real Winter". :XD:

I don't really do anything with snow. I just like watching it fall. It's so peaceful.
Seeing a hail storm was the closest. Although it once did snow a bit, but it wasn't much as it melted before it hit the ground. 
America stole my snow:shifty: 
Give some of it backFurious so i can make own ice skate park and play hokey with metal hokey sticksSomeone called an ambulance! 
Apparently it's a tradition here in Rhode Island where even the slightest amount of snow calls for people to buy bread and water, fill up the tub with water, and take emergency precautions.

I saw a picture someone posted yesterday of a local supermarket bread aisle, and it was ransacked to hell.
Wow, I thought Rhode Island would just brush it off and say "Oh this is nothing", considering it's up north from where I am. 
It's because there was a severe blizzard here in 1978 that took a hundred lives, and people got paranoid over it
Ooh I have my own igloo but thanks for the offer~ :meow: 
Lol, but hey, at least yours won't melt quickly, because I have a feeling mine would melt in a couple of days. 
Yeah, it stays cold here in Canada~ 
I live an hour north of NYC and we got 6 inches. Unless you were over further east, like Boston or Long Island, it was pretty much a dud. It's ridiculous that they closed all the roads, I was forced to leave work early because of that. 
I'm not too far from NYC, and I agree. Some people need to calm their tits. Even the mayor of NYC said that nobody is allowed to drive after 11 PM during the storm, which is pretty stupid, to be honest. 
I find that to be a rather intriguing idea :iconisayplz:
I just hope we'll get enough for a day off work. We're used to snow in the Midwest, though.
hot and sunny here, it never snows where I live.

The closest I've got to snow was this huge hail storm, that cause  blackouts, smashed glass, dents on cars, garden full of water, neighbour's pool flooded with dirt. My highschool was closed the next day lol
- this happened in March 2010

but I've been to a country that snows :)
I never get snow where I'm at, I've gone to see fake snow though lol and I've ice skated at an artificial skating rink haha

The closest thing to it was when I went to the grand canyon when I was little, and oh my lord the air was so icy. Bone chilling compared to what I'm used to, tho the sight of real snow is beautiful in my opinion
I haven't done anything regarding snow for a long, long time. It is usually my dad shovelling at home. :hmm:
I live in  Mountain range area of United states. We get 2 feet of snow we still go to school 
LOL I'm silently raging seeing people that get a little bit of snow and cancel everything.
Oh gawddd
It would be nice if services weren't cancelled, and we were all better prepared. :nod:
I live in Wisconsin and we get Lake Effect Snow.  The East Coaster crying over a foot of snowfall is nothing to be crying about.  Now if you get enough snow you have to dig yourself out and your boss still ask you to come to work then you know nothing.