Holiday Depression

Around the holidays it has been known that depression tends to increase around the world.

If you're feeling down and need to chat, lets do it here! Whats getting you down and making you sad?
Comments103
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Shit, I'm depressed year-round. Now, the depression happens to be pouring over into Christmas. It's a shame, too, because I genuinely love this time of the year. Le sigh.
Yeah, its hard to stay out of the slump, issues around holidays just make it so much worse.
No money to buy gifts for friends and family. :lonely:
I know the feeling. They will understand. I chose to try and draw things as gifts, so far havent finished a drawing ahh... lacking motivation.
Protip: Drinking yourself drunk helps, every time.
Pro-tip:  Eating bananas will ward off depression.
I always get depressed around this time. It frustrates me every year because I know its going to happen. This time around I'm taking action and going to try to meditate regularly to shake the depression. Also trying to be more active then I usually am in the winter! :D
Being more active, i'll have to do that. Didn't really think of that as a good way to keep depressions down.
Absolutely! If your body is doing good then usually your mind follows suit. :D
supposedly eating fruit helps stop depression.
I will eat more then! Thanks. I was reading something about an herbal remedy St. John's Wort that has been studied to work on depression. :w00t:
if it actually works then it will be good.
I feel just fine!

I wish I could do more things for all my friends but I'm exhausted. Last year I drew like over 20 pictures for Christmas gifts. Never again.
Yeah I've been planning to do drawings as gifts for some people, but I've been lacking motivation.
Are you sad? :noes:
The holidays do remind me of the loss of my cousin, who was only 11 when she died. Two days after Christmas. It's a tragedy that I don't want to ever forget, and while it's really none of anyone else's concern, I don't feel comfortable should I... Not mention it? I think? At least in forum threads like these?
But you know, the holidays are still a happy time as well as a time to remember everyone you miss.
You're right and it's always good to talk about these things. The Struggles and hardships of the past are what make the future so worthwhile, sure there could be more issues but there could be great things. I have been a little down. Haven't been doing well financially and been feeling a bit lonely but DA has been helping me with that. Meeting new people and doing something I enjoy.
Also known as Seasonal Affective Disorder or ironical SAD for short.
Actually SAD stands for Singles Awareness Day. C'mon don't take that away from all those lonely people.
I'd rather have it mean what I said. :B
If you take SAD from singles it'll lead to a life of Sex And Drugs, that's Sickeningly Appalling, Dude. So Again, Demonstrate kinder use and Save Anagrams Desperately for the needy. Sons And Dads everywhere would appreciate it. Singles Awareness Day is very important.
I don't give a Shit And Despite your stupid other Sads Another Deviation is not needed here. I can't believe how much of a Stupor At Deviations I am at.
Didn't know there was an actual term. :o
There's a term for everything.
Ah true, good point.