anyone else have a fucked up thanksgiving?

Holidays can really suck.  Got in a nasty fight with my parents, yay! 
Comments118
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My family usually jokes about someone ruining a holiday, so any little thing that goes wrong, we all say someone ruined it. Kinda more for fun. Like if something gets burnt or over-cooked usually.

I watched a horrible video about a fight resulting in a young adult flipping two tables full of their dinner and I felt bad for the family/mother that made it all. 
Somewhat.

I had a 25lb turkey that had pre-rested in the fridge for a few days. I needed to split it into two parts, roast much of the meat in the oven & slow-cook the bones/bits in the crockpot. All this so it'd be ready by the evening's meal.

It would have worked out perfectly if it weren't for the fact one of my little pullets got sick the night before (I'm a poultry farmer), so I had to spend my Thanksgiving watching over her instead of focusing on the cooking & dinner.

I did get the roast done, but late in the night. Thankfully, earlier in the day I had a bit of foresight to cut up some of the meat for a make-shift supper. So we ended up having Thanksgiving stirfry. :S

So I guess my TG wasn't as bad as some of the replies in this thread..
I wonder how Thanksgiving in Ferguson went over
Probably violently
Usually Thanksgiving is a pretty dramatic, redneck reality show. But this year it was avoided! No one wanted to come to our house because of issues (probably because I'm close to Ferguson) and we couldn't go see them because my husband had to work, so we had a fairly chill Thanksgiving. Went to my husbands rich bosses house for dinner then volunteered to help clean up at Ferguson. Probably the best one yet!
How dangerous is it in Ferguson?
It's not nearly as bad as the media is making it out to be right now. Things have chilled out big time.
figures, the media is a bunch of sensationalist attention whores. 
Thanksgiving is always a nightmare these days. Everyone in our family is demanding about who wants to be where and when.
Thanksgiving at my house has been postponed to next week due to a broken oven. Does that count as bad? :meow:
I avoid that problem by not celebrating thanksgiving with my family. We celebrate with my godparents family, so it was a really good time.
I avoided going home one year, I just stayed home and got really fucked up, probably one of my best thanksgivings.
At least you had a good thanksgiving. I lucked out from extended family drama. I don't know what it's like since we don't ever see out extended family.
I had a nice quiet holiday working on a commission while my husband went to work.  We shared some pie later and watched movies.  My parents were never really good at making holidays or birthdays happy.  Always some sort of terrible stupid fight.  I'm just so glad to be able to choose not to visit during those times and stay with in with my husband instead.  If it weren't for him, I'd never celebrate anything.   I have to say thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday though.  
Mine was surprisingly tame.
I DID IT WENT LIKE THIS
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPplpBPQxQ
Everything was oversalted and my dad fell asleep on the floor, but it was a nice Thanksgiving.
that does not exist in my family
what doesn't exist? 
lmao someone in my fam showed up high as hell, and everyone is super religious and shocked us all
I had to babysit two 5 year olds and two 5th graders while the adults peacefully chatted. They nearly destroyed my computer and killed themselves, and the 5th graders see me as one of them (which may be how some of you old people see me as well), so my rules were barely respected. And since our parents are friends, I wasn't paid any money! ;-;

EDIT: I'm 15. Not that close to 5th grade anymore.