What is bad about the Sonic fanbase?

Just curious because, because though I am interested in the Sonic franchise, I have not really have much experience with the fanbase and I wonder what is bad about it.

Here's what I know so far:
- It's overrated (I agree :P )
- Bad OCs (I haven't seen many Sonic OCs yet though)

Is there anything else that causes people to say that the Sonic fanbase is the worst? :o
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Here's something that's wrong with the sonic fanbase  sonic x shadow 0.o
Most fandoms have debates over what games are good and what games are not. Sonic fans... good lord they go to hell and back about how bad some games are. They also don't give most games a chance because of games such as Sonic '06 or Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.
The OC's are definitely the problem.
Plus, some of the fans and the cringe that surrounds them. (But then again, there's people like that in all fandoms.)

But, I wouldn't say it's "overrated". I don't think anything could be overrated. It's not like there's a limit to what people could enjoy.
The Problem with the Fanbase is just how inconsistent it is when it comes to a brand new sonic game. :/ People are always quick to judge just because a Sonic Game doesn't include something that they want to see, or it doesn't play like the older sonic titles, Example being on how Sonic 4: Episode 1 was criticized for not having the physics of the classic sonic games on the Sega Genesis because of how "floaty" it was, and while I will agree that it was pretty floaty compare to Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles, it was by no means a bad game. :/ They'll nitpick every little detail that really shouldn't even hinder the experience that it's just crazy. 

Oh and of course there's the matter of the Poorly-Made OC's.
Twice I've been accused of trolling by Sonic fans for saying that Mario's better
Another thing that's wrong with the Sonic fanbase is that some will tend to take screen shots from the show Sonic X and make few changes to the character they colored over. 
Bad OCs I guess.

Pretty much just,

xXYOURNAME-th3-hedgehogXx123
From what I've seen of it, it's like the MLP fandom. there's just too damn much of it! lol