is it just me

or does deviantart is cartering to the popular and favorite artists more and more these days?? this new look that they did when you go to their site throws all the popular artists right in your face and if you wanted to see the newest pieces or the artists who have no name you literally have to click on several things to get to that part of the browser which doesn't help any no name artist to even get their pieces of artwork out into the media
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, I understand what you mean..It does seem to me that dA IS focusing more on the popular artists with the new update. I feel that's very unfair for artists who are trying to get their work recognized on dA. Because the chances of someone stumbling upon their work, are very slim.
I mean I don't have a problem with the "popular" art, and I do think that the creators of the work should have their work viewed and honored. But at the same time, we can't just forget about the unpopular artists; and just place their work in a dark corner of dA's home page, as if their work doesn't matter..

I don't know, dA could be doing it to make the website look good by placing "professional" art on the home page...

-And I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense or there are a lot of grammar mistakes, I'm just very tired...
i do agree with you, this site used to be a site for all artists but more and more all you see is just the popular ones and don't get me wrong i like all works of art but you can't just focus on the popular ones and pushing the not so popular artists in a corner because all you see is the "professional" pieces but they all forget that they all started as that no name artist who was trying to get notice and if you just focus only on them many and i do see many good artists just slip through the cracks
That's true, all professional artists once started out as beginners. And all artists, whether they're popular or not; should have their art respected.
Well life isn't easy you know...

Some people are given everything others get nothing until they die :dead:

And then after they die, they burn in hell for the eternity :onfire:

While those who had everything and were happy during their life go to paradise :drunk: