6 Days of Darkness this December ?!

This will be interesting if it really happens. First the blood moon, now a solar storm! 

huzlers.com/nasa-confirms-eart…
Comments135
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's VAMPIRE TIME :)
it would be but its a hoax...
Shame, after 46 years in Darkrooms I would LOVE it. :)
I've never been in a darkroom.  Maybe next year... My whole school plan had a pretty major set back today.  At least I'll still be able to get a DSLR though.  Film photography is going to have to wait a while. 
I find them peaceful......... sorry to hear about the setback.. 
well it's not all bad, long story short I should have more to spend on a DSLR now. 
That's good then :) It took me a year to save for my D7100 and the prime lens.
View all replies
Somehow, it's sounds quite interesting. 
This keeps coming up on my facebook feed... I'm no longer telling people it's a hoax... they can figure it out for themselves.
It'd be so cool to have six days of night though D: I love the night as opposed to the day ; v ; ~
Isn't Huzlers a satirical site?
ya...i didn't know 
Become the Queen of the Night! Float around wearing my vampire-like corset :)
corsets don't look like fun at all 
I dont really know if its a corset.. I mean it does have a shape like one, and some straps across the middle. But it doesnt press down on you and has long lacey sleeves. I dont really know how describe it xD  I suppose its a bit like what one of  the witches wears in the film Stardust. 
Fake & boring.

Solar storms can cause more light, not less. If we ever experience a period of darkness like that it'd be due to some volcano, or likely human intervention.
well solar storms could knock out power grids and artificial light but ya not a period of darkness like this. 
Wouldn't cause a big issue. We've many preventative measures in place for such power issues; back up generators, etc. Esp if we knew it was coming - we'd have power off & back on in no time. :)
I'm not so sure.  There wouldn't necessarily be a warning first of all and second, if the storm was bad enough it could kill all communications and blow all kinds of circuits/transformers, that could take months to repair and a few months of no power would be devastating.  Solar storms could be extra nasty because they could affect the whole planet all at once. 
There'd be a warning for sure. The sun's light take 8 minutes to reach us, an average storm burst takes about a day or two. If it got here within hours or minutes, then we wouldn't be having this convo; for we'd be crispy taters. ;)
well if there was a warning there's the potential it could be very little notice.  plus you are talking about an average scenario. 

crispy taters? not really, nobody is saying solar storms would burn people directly, that's not the concern.  
It is the same idea as 2012. Simply a rumor.

I would be excited if it does happen, but let us actually wait and see if it does.. Shall we?
the story is a hoax, if it happens now it will be a hell of a coincidence. 
It would. Upsetting part is that they claimed Nasa confirmed it and it was on the Nasa site?