Name Something Random That's Happened To You Today

Okay, so this morning I took a bus to get to my Maths course. And as soon as I sat down, got out my book and started reading, something more or less random happened. There was an eldery gentleman (who got on the bus at the same time with me) and he started talking out loud about the increase of energy bills and how everyone as a result is going to have black outs this Christmas.

Now I wouldn't mind this but a) he was kinda distracting me from enjoying my book and b) I already heard about it briefly on the news on the TV. And then when I thought he had finished talking, he then burst into another speech, basically saying that it happened back in his day and how he used to cook food over open candles and stuff like that.

And all the while while half listening to what he was saying I had only one thought: did he rehearse that speech while getting ready in order to spring the news on some random people during their travels? :P Seriously, it sounded like he prepared it. While addressing the public on a half packed bus, some of the younger generation kinda laughed at what was said - maybe they didn't know exactly what to say, but I don't know really.

Basically before leaving the house I wasn't prepared to hear a speech on energy/future blackouts on public transport :XD:

Anyway now it's your turn. Name something random that has happened to you today!
Comments426
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I posted a joke on tumblr nobody would get, and it appears that there are people that actually get it :o 

It was this picture. 31.media.tumblr.com/520a938c82…
Haha, that is pretty awesome :XD:
My car wouldn't crank when I was at the store. Had to walk back home. 
Was it a long walk back home?
A puppy chewed on my nose when I picked it up. :XD:
OMG I have a really good one. SO... I was going to get some coffee from the coffee shop at my school, I walk up to order and the bar tender says "how are you doing today"I reply "good how about you?" and he replies: "FANTASTIC!, better then a shiny new button!!!" and then stared me down with this freaky smile... he was the scariest most insanely happy person I had ever met......
I got my new ID card in the mail, it's only a week since I filled out the form. Impressive, since government documents usually take 3-4 weeks. I was certainly surprised to see it.
Nothing random has happened to me today. But I did have a very random dream. I dreamt I had a fake baby in a stroller and got on the metro train. I looked out the window and passed an amusement park and a zoo, but everything was still. Even the water and people, nothing moved. It was all frozen in place. Then a bunch of people and I got off the train got off and went to the grocery store.
I love hearing about people's random dreams! :) As for your dream that is really random and strange. I think a world without things not moving/working would be very unusual - it's kinda like an idea for a sci fi/dystopian film or book.
I love hearing dreams too!Most if my dreams are like that. I've been keeping a dream journal.
I've heard of people keeping dream journals but I've never done anything like that before. Is it any good then? :) I remember I had a strange dream and I ended up writing a short story based on the dream.
It's amazing how some dreams can actually relate to one another if you look back on them. I've noticed I visit the same places often in my dreams. One place is a town that's a mixture of 3 tines I've lived in in my childhood. Lately, the amusement park has been part of my dreams.

Peopke have actually published their dreams journals.

Thats awesome how you were able to create a story out of yours!
I woke up when my fiancé got into my house at 4:30 AM with my feet tangled in the ceiling fan... Maybe I shouldn't have told him where my secret key was.
I'm sorry but when I read your story it kinda made me chuckle :P
:D Rereading my original post, I'm laughing. Today, he surprised me by picking me up from work and taking me to an Italian restaurant. Hopefully, that's his way of apologizing.
I'm like that as well when I read back on things I've written in the past :D Aww, he has a nice way of apologising. I hope you two had fun at the restaurant.
We did. He's sweet that way. :)
Aww, I wish I had someone who was like that :) I've been single for two years now, lol.
You'll find someone, don't worry. :)

If it makes you feel better, he still goes out of his way to annoy me sometimes. :P
View all replies
I ate from a huge pot of Ravioli. Never even knew they made cans that size.
I don't think I've seen big cans either.
Well I was certainly surprised whenever my friend brought home a big ass can one night.