here is how tumblr works

Remember 2 years ago, some people had an opinion that tumblr is going to be a more awesome art site than DA? Where are these morons now? The answer is they are in tumpster.

I made the following discovery after spending half hour browsing tumblr:

Remember those who could not make something on their own but love to use materials of existing IP to decorate their account? tumpster is the place for them, and its the sole selling point of their "reblog". "reblog" is the same as the fav on DA from a technology perspective, its all just drag a file into a display. But the devil is in the details, the way how it works is how it phrased, blog and reblog are both blogs, both can be lumped together because unlike "art" "blog" does not emphasis on content ownership, and the page's layout farther confuse between the distributed content and generated content, there is no up front blog and reblog category like the strict division of gallery vs fav in DA, everything take the same amount space on the panel and jumbled together, which is the whole point, it makes the user thinks they can "share" part of the content ownership and audience like wise. Imagine you do not have the fav folder to put works not of your own, instead you have everything in your gallery folder, yes all the great artist's masterpieces in your gallery folder !! That is what tumpster feels like.

It is a system that encourages content piracy without guilt. If they did what DA has done they would be long gone with people yelling it sucked just like DA.

But the tumpster need a kickstart before the flock of sheep pouring in. What they did? They made an impression of an art site like DA, that attracted a number of artist, good and mediocre, they used it like DA and other sites. This give them a legit identity to kickoff. It does not take long for mediocre to find out that reblog the work from good artist or screenshot works better than make a worthless shit on their own. The log is empty from inside, sense tumpster still carry an aora of art site, the dishonest people will take that as an excuse to lie to their audience and to themselves about how they can share part of that content ownership through reblog. After the system is going, it does not take long for tumpster to transform its identity. The log is empty from inside.

In conclusion, tumpster is a place where content piracy is legit. In DA you can get called upon or even take down, in tumpster no. In tumpster the interaction is minimum, people rarely say something, in DA you get these mono tone zombie voice says "omg awesome art etc", in tumpster, you get a bunch of skull count on reblog.
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
>implying DA's fetish adoring community is any better then SJW hellhole labeled "tumblr"
Tumblr is a shithole.

I mean, I have one (not that I use it), but I think it's kinda lame. I do love the customization aspect of it. If you could add a music player to your page on here, this site would rake in MILLIONS... And then promptly get sued for copyright violations. Also, can you imagine the awful music taste some folks on here have?  Eugh...
They have a internet clown group called social justice warriors.
Shocking that I never see these weird SJW on Tumblr.

Maybe I'm good at evading bullshit.
Exactly you should stay away from these clowns.
I have never been to tumblr before, and I dont plan on going there anytime soon either. I am proud of it too.
Its full of lame internet clowns, better not join them.
According to Tumblr, since I'm a straight white male, I'm the source of all evil on this planet.

This post reminds me of this www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…
No, every sane person is the source of all evil.
Here is how it works ( posted before )
comments.deviantart.com/18/197…
that sums up the shit perfectly
Tumblr hates America :shakefish:
tumblr hates everything

except everything that is not straight :la:
I don't use Tumblr anymore. It's just a dumping ground for everything and you can't comment. 
I always thought the tumblr cannot comment thing is pathetic.
That needs to change, then I might consider having one. DA will still be better even so.
Think like this: tumblr is facebook for retard teenage girls.
me and my friend use Tumblr to help promote our webcomics :D

it kinda works! not Twitter working mind you twitter is a boss! but way better then Facebook working when it comes to promoting and advertising.
that combination is just the worst...

it's scifi stuff mostly, www.future-bound-entertainment…
Sweet!

Have you seen this? It'll eventually be in book stores too.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1…

P.S.
That combination is the best worst!

#3GirlsOneBlender
If you can find a productive use of that, good for you then.
Tumblr was bought by Yahoo to bring its young demographic to them.  And since Yahoo news always seems preoccupied with whether or not Selena Gomez is going to stick with her girlfriend Justine Beaver I'm guessing that it worked.  THAT is how Yahoo works.