Growing old.

I just wish I was 18 again, with a head full of ideas on how I wanted the world to work for me.

Going out partying until all hours, doing drugs, drinking until I puked, all that kind of stuff.

Sadly, those days are behind me; now I have a family and am supposed to be a Responsible Adult. :stare:

The first grey hairs are alredy starting to creep in - and I'm only 36!

Are you growing old? Do you think you're getting older by the day, or do you not notice it (until it smacks you round the head)?

I want to grow old disgracefully. But I don't want to end up as a mean, bad-tempered old bitch who takes delight in belittling everyone she sees (my mother-in-law).

If you're still in your teens, do you think about getting old? Or is it something you put off until you actually start to feel it? And older deviants, do you feel it now?

:eager:
Comments268
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm getting older (in my 30's), but I don't think I'm growing old. Quite the contrary. I still act like a crazy kid or teen at times. I've more energy & have more fun now than I did 2 years ago; since moving to my farm.^^
I just turn 18 . i don't wanna get old DX
I just turned 22 and I may not be a child anymore but I still don't feel like an adult. I still live at home, I don't pay taxes, I don't vote, I don't own a car and I don't drink.

Amazingly enough I actually look forward to when I'm an old timer walking around with a cane, in a rocking chair telling stories to the little ones.
grow old dsigracefully! it's the moto of the ulysses motorcycle club and my render artwork based on the same theme.  i enjoy each day as it comes. the past can't be changed. the future never arrives. so live today. the present is the most happening moment.  link to my render artwork (in case you're curious) Grow Old Disgracefully
Relax
I hear ya. At some point the partying stops being fun and starts being pretty hard and I'm like "when did that happen. Screw it I'll stay in and bake or something."

On the flip side I think if I was still living like I did when I was 18 I would probably die.
I'm 18 and I've finally had to catch the reality train. I'm not a young kid anymore who could just live without a care, I have to consider life goals and family problems instead of just writing about what I want to be when I grow up. But I still haven't grown too much that I don't stop and be childish every now and again. I feel old like a book that's been collecting dust on a shelf. Now I have to dust myself off and face this big crazy world (right after browsing dA that is :D ). 
I'm sixteen already. Feels like I'm ancient. Already, I look nastalgicly towards the past, towards my childhood. I tried desperately to hold onto my innocence for as long as I could, but this world is harsh place. The bright flame that once shown so fiercely within me has burned itself out. There's nothing but coal and ashes, now, and emptiness. I feel hollow, numb, and jaded. It feels like their are a hundred things wrong with me, both mentally, and physically. I already feel old. As for actually growing old, their isn't a day I don't think about it. It's only downhill from here, right? I also think about death. There isn't a single day I can't escape the thought. Growing old, after all, is nothing but a precursor to death. A long, spiraling decay to which the only release is nothingness, which, in itself, is far more horrifying a prospect.
That's called your 'teenage years'. You'll get over that dark phase. You'll live again in your 20's when the world opens up & once more in your 30's when you realize you actually don't have to listen to what most people say. It'll be wonderful, trust me. :P
I'm 22 and I don't really think about geting old tho most people think I'm 12....
:wow: How do you manage that?
i don't know .....
You're not old. Think of that when you're 50. 

*shrugs*. Soon I'll be dead and everything that I have done will be forgotten. We always fear death but it will come sooner or later. Being old isn't important. Growing up and becoming more mature is because it values your age.
I'm not scared of dying - far from it - it's leaving my family behind that I worry about.
There's a day your kids must grow up and live without their parents.
First grey hair at 36? I have loads and I'm 32! Weird thing is, no one believes I'm over 16. So soon I'll look like a grey haired teenager. o.O

I still feel about 16 too...
So, what were you doing at 16?
Going to school sporadically and watching TV, mostly. Whereas now I don't have to go to school.
More time to spend in front of the TV?
13 and I already have grey hair spouting gaaaahh :nuu: It's alright, but it pisses me off everytime people point it out ;n;
I don't worry. You'll be bald by 20.
Age is just a number for me. I'm 37 and I don't even look nor feel it at all. Living a healthy lifestyle really does pay off, especially if you keep yourself busy doing more productive things. But regardless of the past, it is never too late to make the most of every moment. Another day, another opportunity to set things right.

Sure, no one is perfect. But we can all still strive to be better each day, one step at a time. For me personally, prayer has done wonders for me. Each day, I feel refreshed and determine to take on the entire world. I may not have much, and I may not seem like much to most people, but I have it where it counts most, and that's the heart. There is something special deep inside of you, and you just need to draw it out. Once you do, you'll certainly feel refresh. Don't let the past and everything around you affect you. There really is so much more to life than what we're all used to seeing with the naked eye. So much more...

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you for a bit of sense. :)
Your very welcome. :)
I'm 20 and I've been having an existential crisis for an year now.