Deviants After Dark

What keeps you awake at night?

Ghosts? Amorous thoughts of a fellow deviant (who)? To much caffeine? Preparations for a secret project (which)? Work? Your neighbor playing loud music (what)? dA? Partying (how)? General fear of everything? Something else (whatever that could be)…?
Comments590
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
A popular reason! Any idea what triggers it?
I have no idea. Just can't close my eyes and sometimes also when hunger strikes. ( It's easier to deal with. Make myself an instant noodle or go to 24 hr mini market for bread or something then i will sleep soundly ) :sleep 
So at least there's a proven cure! :#1:
Songs stuck in my head, sometimes weird noised coming from outside.
Good, at least, that it's not the other way around… :nod:
Weird noises from your head and unstoppable music outside… :paranoid:
Damnit, now "Call me maybe" is stuck in my head...
I stay up because sometimes I can sleep then I don't know what to do
In that case, internet is your friend! :nod:
Shadows... and the whispering winds outside my windows.
Its hauntingly beautiful~ :iconiloveitplz:
It sounds sort of romantic - in a gothic way… :lol:
There's nothing Gothic about it :P
it really is hauntingly beautiful~

Sadly there isn't any outside ;; just crickets and roosters.
Internet sometimes, coffee if a drink too much. But yes I like to draw :)
I am actually a morning person- no matter how much I stay up I wake up at 7-8am D:
Coffee and internet go hand in hand! :D

I know a few people with that biological watch. On weekdays I'd say it's an advantage, but it's still important to get enough sleep. :-)
My brain won't let me sometimes, haha. Automatic clock in there.
Art projects that need to be worked on (I've always got at least 2), books that need to be read, and schoolwork assignments that need to be completed.

There are some nights when I just don't want to sleep despite feeling tired, so I stay up late...then I regret it the next morning when I wake up feeling like a zombie.
Do you feel, that night time is better suited for activities that require some degree of concentration? Personally I do - I'm considerably more concentrated during the wee hours.

I definitely know about that as well; you look at the time at about midnight, and '10 minutes later' it's 4:30 am… :D
I can concentrate better when no one else is around. That means in order to get something done in a timely manner, I either wait until everyone else is asleep, or on the rare occasion that the house is empty, I'll get it done during the day.

Also, is it just me, or do the best ideas come from lying in bed awake at 3 am?
It makes sense! :nod:

No, that's not just you - I've made it a habit, to have a notepad next to my bed! :D
I've had some pretty good ideas, but half the time I wake up in the morning and experience something similar to what is shown in this comic strip. :nod:
Notes by FailureConfetti