Are you scared of losing friends??

question I ask myself.. is always just out of curiosity.. I had bad experiences  in the past with people telling me that we'd always been together (in the sense of friendship) and then abandoned me.
I was so afraid of losing my best friend

I'm afraid that if I ask to go out often will leave me alone
Comments203
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've never really lost any but I got rid of most of them because they turned into D-bags and losers after highschool.
i lost so much friends over the years that i really dont get attached to people anymore...
i dont even miss people when i dont see them for ages...
people come and go i guess 
nah....
If they leave me, it proves that they were not my real friend 
i just dont care about these kind of people. 
they do nothing but WASTE my precious time -.-'
people come and go. 
There is no such thing as friends ,only alliances of mutual convenience .
I am not afraid of losing friends, actually.
I'm a fairly lonesome creature and I welcome a chance to get to know new and interesting people.

Once I got to college, I realized I was only friends with certain people in high school, because I saw them everyday.
That's not to say, that I don't share good memories with many of them though.
...saying what was exactly on my mind took care of that fear long ago 
I am afraid. I do a poor job of keeping in contact with people, so whenever a friend moves away we usually drift apart. :(
Sometimes it's good to cycle out your friends though. A lot of friends I made in middle and high school weren't really great friends. They were more like practice friends. The friends I met in college I think were the best set, since I was young enough to be in school and see them every day, but also old enough to know who I was as a person and what kind of qualities I really wanted in my friends.

Now that I'm older and out of school though, it's a lot harder to make new friends, so I really have to hold onto the ones I already have!
you are very lucky !! I of my former classmates did not speak with anyone of them.

I have basically just my best friend who I met last year after arsed a person who believed her friend.
Losing friends is pretty much part of life, especially if you're young. I've grown apart with almost all of my friends when we were teenagers and there's literally only one left. :B
yeah, but if they are true friends, you should not lose them.. right ?? ;) (Wink) 
Are you trying to tell me I only have one true friend? :iconokayfaceplz:
Oh um.. nevermind. It's true!
Not really. I'm an introvert so it wouldn't be shocking if we grew apart, I'd almost be relieved so they wouldn't have to worry about hearing from me. It breaks my heart this is my answer, my friends are special to me. 
I am also very introverted and I find it hard to make new friends.. if we have something in common (as happened when I met my best friend) I'm happy and everything I need.
I do, actually. I moved out on January this year, and after summer, one of my friends back home that usually enjoys texting me doesn't respond over a long period of time... maybe high school life is keeping her busy.. but I'm... concerned..
also happens to me. and when it happens I'm bad.

but I know that he does it on purpose. she makes riding and we can see each other when she are free.
I see, but it's nice that you still see each other :D
yeah.. :3 luckily we live nearby:3
That's really nice.. I used to have a good friend, then I moved but she's still pretty close by, <1km, but I have no means of transportation to get there... Going on a bike is quite scary because on the road, motor scooters criss-cross everywhere and walking is scary because vehicles criss cross plus a lot of people stare at you when you walk... crime rates aren't particularly low in the country I used to live in...
and same here.. but some people are just rude and if you are also cycling on the bike path at intervals risks because there are ways and if one does not see you arrive you'll take under!!
We don't have a bike path too.... :/
I'm not afraid of it. I have already lost many friends that used to be really close to me. I can think of the memories of them with joy but I don't need them so I don't miss them.
Time took them so to speak. Sometimes a friendship can't survive time. And in some cases they've changed personality too much so they don't suit me anymore.

I'd like to think that it's for the best. But to answer to your post, yes being too social can push them away from you. But it's not that dreadful to eventually loose a friend.