Childhood Memories...

Lets take a stroll down memory lane...tell me a little bout your childhood...why. no reason!I am a dummy! 

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Oldest Childhood Memory

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Did you have an imaginary friend, if so who or what was it?

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Toys you played with the most as a child

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Favorite childhood TV shows

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Favorite childhood movies 

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Best birthday or Christmas present you received as a kid 

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! What kinda backpack did you have in elementary school or what one was your fav?

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Favorite food as a child 

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! What you wanted to be when you grew up

My answers!!!:happy: 

Purple Square Bullet Oldest memory I have is from when I was like 2 or 3, I had a cheap doll from like the dollar store or something and I remember pulling one of its legs off...idk why I remember that of all things...kinda weird They're all out to get me... 

Purple Square Bullet I had a mini invisible R2D2 and C3PO that lived under my bed :c3-po: 

Purple Square Bullet I mainly played with barbies, polly pockets(not the ones that are out now, the little tiny ones that came in the plastic sea shell thing), and baby dolls...anyone else remember water babies?

Purple Square Bullet Gullah Gullah Island, Allegra, My Little Pony (old school version), Muppet Babies, Rugrats, Catdog, Fairly Odd Parents

Purple Square Bullet All Disney Movies, esp Beauty and The Beast and I was a Star Wars fan starting at like age 3:yodanoid: 

Purple Square Bullet An American Girl Doll for Christmas one year and a razr scooter 

Purple Square Bullet I had a backpack obsession, think I still do, I had a 101 Datamations one in kindergarten that was awesome, a few barbie ones, a lisa frank one, and a Star Wars pod racing one

Purple Square Bullet I was very picky, swear until I was like 11 the only thing I ate was hot dogs,spaghetti, and pizza. Christmas Request - Pizza glomp 

Purple Square Bullet A singer or a veterinarian :cantsing: 
Comments114
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oldest Memory: Getting stuck in a chair when I was 3.

Imaginary Friend: I remember having dozens of them, but not any one in particular.

Toys I Played With Most: Barbie dolls. Though I would put them in weird storied and a lot of them ended with me cutting off their limbs with scissors. My parents weren't too happy with that...

TV Shows: I liked Fairly Odd Parents and Powerpuff Girls. Also my mom would let me stay up late and watch anime on Adult Swim, and I remember liking Inuyasha and Case Closed the most.

Movies: Toy Story and the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Best Present: Back in 2007 when I was 9 I got a Dialga pokemon plush that I loved a lot. I still have it too.

Backpack: I remember having this Hello Kitty one with wheels.

Favorite food: Pizza. Which I still like.

Wanted to be: I would always change it every few weeks.
my mom never let me cut my barbies hair....I would always ask for some reason before doing it...guess I was a good kid lol but I never got to cut it Sad dummy 

I loved fairly odd parents....still do 
Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku My oldest childhood memory probably dates back to something I attended either before or during my pre-school years. It was this Catholic organization thing held in a local school after-hours once a week. But being so young at the time they weren't ramming the God stuff into my head yet. We did activities though but none in particular stood out in my mind, it was just some thing I remember having to go to every week, but I don't think it lasted long since I think I only did that for a few months total. So maybe my parents wised up and decided not to let another young mind be warped by religion (since they gave up on it themselves early on too, meaning I at least didn't grow up in a religious family...Thank God). Who knows, they could have been using it as an inexpensive day care centre until they found a better alternative lol. I still have the little red and blue vest I wore for it though...It's tiny!
One night they held this evening event and I remember going to it with my parents, I have no idea what the event was about,  but they were selling these light-up toys with fiber-optics coming out of a handle with the switch on it. I remember begging for one but didn't get it.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku I tried having an imaginary friend but it never stuck. I made one up called "gloopy" which looked like a small dome-shaped blob with a pair of eyes, somewhat reminiscent of a Pac-man Ghost (oh by the way this was during the early 90's, so the similar looking character "Bloo" from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was still a decade away from even existing...I was quite surprised to see it though) But it just didn't stick. Guess I wasn't that desperate for friends.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku Bouncy balls, marbles and balloons. Maybe it was the Asperger's in me - but I just was so drawn to anything that was spherical and brightly-coloured. Still am in a way. I collected literally hundreds of bouncy balls and probably thousands of marbles over my childhood. I kept the best ones packed away in a box I still have now, the rest were all given away years ago. I loved spinning things as well, making me fond of spinning tops and pinwheels.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku Most of the Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network cartoons at the time. Spongebob Squarepants was my most favourite but that came in pretty late in my childhood (I was 11 or 12 when that first premiered) so before that I liked "Aaah! Real Monsters!" the most, I even had a toy Krumm who was my favourite character. I also liked Rocko's Modern Life a lot too even though I hardly understood it back then. Plus the Simpsons from an early age too.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku Believe it or not - Twister  was probably my favourite childhood movie. I developed an interest in the weather (particularly tornadoes) very early on after reading about them in a school book and being awed at the photo's of some wondering how does such an eerie sight even exist? Shortly after a bizarre coincidence happened and "Twister" hit cinema's. I just had to see it and I loved it. But I did love animated movies a lot. Some I still enjoy even today (like Aladdin or The Lion King) others...I grew out of (Fern Gully and Aristocats to name some that I loved as a kid but consider pretty dull now)

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku Best birthday present was probably a lava lamp I really wanted. Sounds like an odd thing for a kid to want but I think I saw one on TV or in a gift shop window and wanted one really bad. I considered it a big deal since those things aren't cheap (well they are now but even in the 90's they were quite expensive for something that had existed since the 60's). Best Christmas present was a classic - a new bike. I remember I was picked on for riding a too-childish, colourful bike by some "bigger kids" and I asked for a "cool chrome bike like the big kids ride" and I actually got it! It was a stunning bike and the envy of all my friends...Perhaps it was too good since years later it got stolen. Lucky by that point I was over bike-riding anyway, I at least got some decent use out of it during the time though and I'll never forget waking up and seeing that under the tree.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku I never put too much value on backpacks, I just let my parents pick those out for me and they just chose something neutral (no characters or anything). In pre-school I remember having a bright red one, in Kindergarten I remember having a school-supplied one that was dark green. After that just...ordinary backpacks in neutral or boyish colours. So at least I never got made fun of for backpack choice.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku Same food it is now - a good o'l cheese pizza, sightly crisp and with extra tomato paste. My food tastes didn't change much.

Yellow Square Bullet by Kawiku I wanted to be an artist since all I wanted o do is draw. Plus I was under the false impression that artists end up rich because of how valuable I heard some famous paintings were. I had no idea that the only reason why they are so valuable is because of their historical relevance and because the artist is long dead. I just saw art as a sweet deal where I could get rich just for doing what I wanted to do.
2 things I never got as a child...the cool fiber optic toys at all the night time events we went to and as much as I beg beg and begged for years....a lava lamp :sighs: 

I was banned from bouncy balls after like age 5 it think.. I have this problem where I chew on anything...still do ( I have to dip my pens in fingernail polish remover so it taste nasty that way I don't chew all my pens up) but I almost choked on a small bouncy ball....so no more for me. 

I loved Twister as a kid, and it was def. my younger brothers fav movie. I remember I would always have to fast forward through the first few minutes when her dad gets killed by the tornado, that part always freaked me out. We use to play 'tornado' in my moms closet, get flashlights, blankets and food, and act like one was coming.  Know that isn't really something you should 'play' but where I live we don't get many tornadoes,  and I think at like 7 I didn't realize it could really happen. 
Damn the expense of those light-up toys. There were other events we attended in the evenings in later parts of my childhood too, and they'd always have pretty light up toys, wands, swords, glow sticks, etc and it was a battle to get my parents to buy me one. I remember my dad took us to a Wizard of Oz ice show (don't know why, me or my brothers had no interest in the Wizard of Oz...or ice skating :confused:) But he was really cheap then so who knows - they could have been tickets he got for free off a work colleague or something, so we went anyway. Afterwards in the gift shop I saw the only thing that made my eyes pop all day - a toy that was essentially a clear plastic "can" on a battery-operated base, filled with water and some formula or detergent I think and it would make a tornado out of the bubbles/foam in the canister via a little propeller at the base and it would also flash with light (to represent lightning) - it was essentially a tornado in a jar and I doubt it was as much as my dad let on (I'd say $15 maximum) I begged him for that but he moaned about the cost and told me no...I was so depressed :depressed: I mean really - he only spent one day every couple of months with me and my brothers. Wouldn't have killed him to buy a cheap toy as some form of compensation :p
I'd def want a tornado in a jar too Serious Nod 
    Age 2. Watching Saturday morning cartoons, fingerpainting and spending time at my grandparent's house, where my grandpa would sing me songs in French and blow smoke rings for me like Puff the Magic Dragon.

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Did you have an imaginary friend, if so who or what was it?
   I tried to manufacture one one summer, around the age of 9 or 10, because it seemed like some sort of childhood rite of passage I skipped over... but I got bored with it after a couple weeks. I did play a lot of make-believe, though.

A boatload of stuffed animals, Polly Pockets, LEGO... I loved Barbies too, but would always spend more time setting up and making props out of household items, than I did actually playing with them.

Classic Looney Tunes, Beetlejuice, Animaniacs, Recess, Small Wonder, a lot of TGIF shows...

An American Tail, Short Circuit, Casper, basically every single animated Disney movie...

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! Best birthday or Christmas present you received as a kid
    Everything. I had a big imagination and all my new toys became new characters in the sordid, soap opera drama. I still feel bad for that one mismatched Pound Puppies cat that became the designated drunken, mopey bachelor who never had a girl to hook up with, and am pretty sure he's sitting around in my storage unit tweeting #foreveralone.

Light Purple Bullet - F2U! What kinda backpack did you have in elementary school or what one was your fav?
     I got a new one every year, but the one that stands out was the neon technicolor Lisa Frank leopard one that caused temporary blindness if you looked directly at it. I still have it somewhere and am waiting for the day when it becomes kitschy vintage-chic.

Butterscotch, shrimp and pistachio frozen yogurt.

I went through brief, weird phases, but always came back to artist/writer.
thats an awesome childhood memory

yeah for some reason with the barbies I remember setting up their house or what ever for what they were going to do and dressing them then either changing the cloths and scene 5 seconds later or just getting bord and leaving them on the floor...seems pointless now 

one of my friend's daughters got a lisa frank sticker book not to long ago and I was like 'OMG they still make these?!' and I flipped through it and it was the most random stuff...rainbow frogs in  tutus, hippy unicorns with afros, I was like wtf? 
It's one of my favorites. (:

I spent a whole day once manufacturing a working Barbie TV out of cardboard and paper. I cut out the "screen" and drew different scenes on a long strip of paper that could be rotated from the inside to change the "channels". Hours of work. And just a few years ago, I saw a Barbie living room set on Toys R Us that did exactly the same thing with the touch of a button. ಠ_

Unicorns with afros? Are the designers just trolling consumers at this point?
pretttty sure the Lisa Frank designers may be on acid now lol

you shoulda sued them for stealing your idea CURSE YOU!  I was never that creative... I would draw a couch or a tv on paper and tape it to the back of the house, but that was about the extent of my creative abilities Sweating a little...  everything else was purchased lol or I would use other objects...my barbies had lots of 'shoe beds' 
berth

my uncel but he wasint imajinery or my frend

a empty bagg form walmart was verry fun

i don hav a tv

i still don hav a tv

i don selebrat my birthday or crismis becaus i liv with my uncel and he dosent hav time :)

i use a walmart bagg as prevusly stated

pork rines

myself :)
-Oldest Memory: I'm not sure. The times of my memories get scrambled easily unless specifically noting the date is part of the memory.

-Imaginary friend: I don't think I had one.

- Toys: I played with toy cars a lot. My grandmother had a big metal container full of them. I also had a large collection of Legos that I still use to this day. I also have to mention my blue teddy bear, one of my three most precious possessions, the ones I've had the longest. The other two are my homemade ABC baby blanket and the wooden box I use to keep the aforementioned Lego collection in.

-TV Shows: Looney Toons. That and Star Trek TNG. We even named our cat Spot after the Trek cat.

-Childhood Movies: The first movie I remember seeing in the theater was Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I enjoyed. There's also an interesting one called Batteries Not Included. It's about an apartment full of older people who take in a family of small alien robots. I also have to mention The Brave Little Toaster. I've been trying to get a DVD of it. I haven't seen it since I was younger than my youngest sister, and I want to share it with her.

-Birthday/Christmas Present: My first handheld game console, a lime green Game Boy Color. Such a luxury was the last thing I expected. Not only that, but I actually had to work for it. Us three kids had to go on a hunt around the house for it. My clues led me to inside the stove.

-Backpack: A black one. That's all I remember.

-Food: T-bone steak, especially with mushrooms. I was also one of the few kids who actually liked vegetables, including some of the less popular ones like Brussels sprouts and asparagus, though Lima beans and spinach were (and are) still out.

-What I wanted to be: No idea. It's not that I don't remember, it's that I had no idea what I wanted to be.
my dvd player recently broke, and I asked my dad if he had an old one I could have, one he gave me was a dvd/vcr combo wich was awesomeeee bc I went and dug the old Disney vhs tapes out to watch bc I don't have any of them on dvd..Brave Little Toaster was one of them :happybounce: 
Bullet; Purple Oldest Childhood Memory
Vague memories of being 3 and being potty trained. Vague memories of pre school when I was 4.

Bullet; Purple Toys I Played With
Dolls mostly. Ninja Turtles and Power Ranger figures too. I also liked Gak and would squish it in it's container and cover my hand with it. I had favorite stuffed animals, one being a white cat. An older white cat ended up in dirty dishwater when I threw it in. :lol:

Bullet; Purple Favorite TV Shows
Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Recess, Gargoyles, TMNT, Power Rangers, The Kids Next Door

Bullet; Purple Favorite Childhood Movies
Land Before Time, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations

Bullet; Purple Best Present
My Super Nintendo when I was 9. I played the crap out of Donkey Kong and Mario! I'd have made a day of it if I could.

Bullet; Purple Favorite Backpack
My Princess Jasmin one! It was teal with purple trim. That was in 2nd grade.
oh yeah, Rockos modern life....have you looked at some of the blogs and post about how perverted that show really was and we never noticed bc we were kids? its crazy, hilarious, and disturbing lol

I just realized I never had a Disney Princess backpack even tho I was in love with Disney... I wonder why, hmm :ponder: 
I was about 3 1/2 and my brother was a couple months old.  He was just learning how to crawl and mom wanted a picture.  Being goofy, I decided to jump into the picture and "tackle" my brother (who wore a football baby jersey).  Mom laughed.  She still keeps that picture near her bedside.  Ah yeah....my first photobomb.

I had a lot of stuffed animals that kind of served as imaginary friends plus pokemon plushies.  Pikachu, Pika-Two (my second pikachu), Hop-hop the bunny, Stevie the Monkey, Lucky the dalmatian, Black Kitty the cat...just to name a few.

Pokemon plushies like pikachu and a moltres figurine.  But when mom got me a gaming system, I adored Pokemon Snap

Pokemon, Ed Edd n Eddy, Tom & Jerry (the GOOD stuff), Spongebob

Pokemon, Spirited Away, Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, 

The trip to Chicago. I remember riding on a train, seeing a big city for the first time, exploring everywhere, staying in a hotel, pizza, special bond with my mother & brother...sigh.  

Typical backpack that was two straps and wore on your back?  Mom usually got purple but I loved my turquoise one when I was little

Chicken ramen

A well-known fantasy author (STILL GOING FOR IT!!!)
chicken ramen :tardgrinn:  lol

my little brother is at the age where he is into pokemon and has the plushies and they serve as his imaginary friends, I love it Squee! 
It was when we lived in Winsconsin and it was a very, very vauge memory of my standing in the street, looking at the house. 

I had many >.> One I remember best was some sort of skater dude that skated along the trees, fences, and telephone wires as we drove along.

Erhm...does mud count? I didn't really play much with toys. I was mostly an outdoors kid.

the Magic school bus, clifford the big red dog

I think it was a remote controlled car that, if flipped, was double sided so it still kept driving. Either that or a huge stuffed bear :D

Erhm...i think it was plain. We really didn't have enough money for anything designed.

Same as now! Sphagetti and Mashed Potatoes!

Someone who dealt with animals. Now i know that it's a veternarian :dummy: Still following that dream!
Good luck on your dream! 

mud counts, I remember they were building a house next door to mine when I was like 8 and there was a giant red clay dirt pile out front...best..thing...everrrr lol

Every time I got remote control cars they broke like as soon as I got them :( 
Mine lasted a while...but lets just say: mud
Oldest Childhood Memory
The Grenoble Bubbles!

The Under The Sink Monster. 

Puppy In My Pockets. God they were awesome.

Trapdoor

E.T.

My stuffed toy border collie.

I had one with zoo animals on it. It was also pink. 

Steak.

A vet or a zoo keeper or an illustrator. And then I went on work shadowing at the age of thirteen and witnessed a German shepherd being put down because it's back legs gave in. And then i realised i didn't want to be a vet.
was under the sink monster a garbage disposal? 

and thats one way to destroy childhood dreams and aspirations! Thumbs Up