Anyone here has a funny/silly jealousy?

We're all jealous of something (of course) and what may that be? :D

I'll just be really honest that I'm very jealous to little kids, my cousins, and all other little kids I know that have parents that are proud (or more like overly proud) of what their kids have done because my parents were always like "ok" to what I do. They are proud of me, but they don't show it to anyone except very close relatives, and that doesn't happen that often too (at least that's what I know). It's a kind of jealous-dislike feeling because it just feels that the parents are clearly overreacting. For example, I know my mom's colleague on facebook who keeps getting very proud because his first or second grader gets almost perfect score on her exams, I mean, a 1st or 2nd graders' exam is very easy that even it would be funny if they actually have trouble getting a good grade (or at least in my country it's THAT easy). And that parent is very proud that his little daughter is selling rainbow loom bracelets for some pocket money, and that's no big deal to me because I did a similar thing: selling stuff to my friends. And little kids that are overpraised by their relatives for what they do, although it's not even good for their age group.

It may seem silly to envy a little kid for that kind of thing but unfortunately it gets on my nerves... What's your jealousy? :)
Comments193
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have a jealousy that's not only unusual, it's morally repugnant and socially unacceptable. 

Sometimes I am slightly jealous of people whose parents are dead or totally estranged from them. 

In B4 long rant of someone's hard life without parents. Yes, I know it sucks to be an orphan. I said "morally repugnant" for a reason. 
That is unusual... but I'm sure that you have your own, justifiable reasons :)
I'm jealous of the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings, because the Shire is so beautiful :iconadorableplz:
...or Rivendell

:iconnerdplz:
YES! If everything is what I pictured from the books, I totally want to live in Rivendell and stare at those golden leaves all day long.
Yes! Middle Earth is so beautiful.
Or Lothlorien, that's beatiful too.
Darn I think I mixed up Lothlorien and Rivendell... but anyways.. it sounds like a great natural place and all that, far far from modernization
Both places are awesome. I cannot decide which one I prefer :D
As long as it's not Mordor... or Moria.. or Minas Morgul.. or *starts ranting random stuff* and I'd like to see the loot at Erebor...
My friends' other friends that I just know they like better.
I'm jelous of people who can drink milk :(
Sometimes milk (plain, white milk) makes me sick too X(
I'm jealous of very successful artists (more like envious) because they receive high amounts of praise, and their arts are more awesome than mine...

And day by day, I try to improve my drawing skills...
and a lot of attention too...
I was jealous of G1 Spike cause he got to hang with all the transformers
What is that exactly... btw long time no see
Haha, well in the first Transformers cartoon, Spike was a kid who always was around the Transformers and was friends with them.  He was like their #1 human friend.  Then, in the 87 movie, he was grown up and had a son named Daniel.
I'm jealous of my sister becuause she always finds part-time jobs.
I hope you find one soon :)
I gotta admit when I was a kid I was jealous of any other kid who seemed more successful than me no matter to what extent. I had a friend in my group who was, dare I say it - the stereotypical Chinese student who was really smart and aced practically every test. But he wasn't ever considered a nerd either since he didn't really look or act like one and he was fairly sociable and well-liked too. He was still high on my friendship priority list (second to only one that I had known for longer and spent more time after-school with) but I got more jealous of him, sometimes even to the point of sorta hating him for it than I ever let on. Now I realize that the reason why he performed so well in school is probably because he also had stereotypical Chinese parents who likely pushed him with it more than he let on, they were also very overprotective - he rarely did sleepovers and I think that's why. So who knows who envied who more. I was jealous of him for being smart, motivated and well-liked by teachers and students alike. But maybe he could have envied me and my other friends just as much for generally being more open and carefree about ourselves and what we did :shrug: I also got really jealous of kid celebrities too, often thinking to myself "that should be me not having to do school and getting paid millions to goof around on TV" - now I realize that's not really the case and a lot of child-stars end up being fucked over somehow as they get older. Now I'm glad I just got to have a normal childhood, not waking up 5 in the morning for two hours of makeup and endless re-takes and criticism, only to still be expected to do school after all that :phew:

These days I only get jealous of the things some people own rather than who they are. Since I'm comfortable with who I am now and I'm actually glad I'm not another mouth-breathing media junkie like a lot of the people I encounter. But sometimes someone else just has something really cool that I wish I had. A better house, a better car, a better computer, a swimming pool in the backyard, a better job (with a better paycheck) holidays, etc. But over the past few years I've slowly been acquiring the things I want anyway, so my tendency to get jealous of what others have is waning over time. I've already reached the point where I know no-one who has a better TV than me, or a better garden either :D So there's two things down!
There are lots of those stereotypical Chinese kids in my old school too, well most of them look Chinese, on of them is kinda like a mix of Indo-Chinese with a Czech mother.. But as far as I know, only 2 of them have those stereotypical Chinese parents, and one time during the exams, I asked her how long she studied for this exam and she'd always answer with something >5 hours a day... I'd go crazy if I do that because most of the time I can't even stand studying for more than 2 hours at a time.. so I usually study super fast and cramp up information in my mind... Luckily I still can manage to ace tests (maybe not every, since I always do silly mistakes [and by silly I actually mean it] here and there, especially in math tests..) with that kind of studying... And another one goes to courses even on a Saturday, but that kid is blessed with many other talents, especially in music.. as far as I know she can play more than 3 instruments... maybe something like 5...Thinking about celebrity kids with a more... mature mind unravels a lot of bitter truth... It's probably not a rare case that their celebrity life doesn't turn out that well, so when they get older they find it hard to get a job to do, since they don't really participate in schools that much (but they still live on because their parents have wealth from their career :B)

That's a great thing :) I hope you can get rid of all of those jealousy.. That can be a nice success story :D
I am jealous of my brother because he is all about sports which I to be but fail horribly. my nieces, because they are spoiled 100% rotten 24/7.
I don't excel at sports either... I enjoy playing it sometimes but my reflexes are terrible and I'm just not someone who's physically very fit at any given time... I'm specifically terrible in games that use tiny balls such as tennis, badminton (I can't even do a serve with the shuttlecock...), and that kind of stuff, I can do tiny bit of ping pong, tiny bit. I kinda like swimming, but unluckily swimming back and forth in a pool gets boring quickly :(

Being spoiled is one of the things to envy, but personally I think that too much spoiling results in a messed-up attitude some of the time because spoiled kids always get what they want (like those kids that get flare up because they get a black iPhone instead of a white one.. it's just sounds so ridiculous to me, they should be grateful already that they get an iPhone.. you know..)