If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint ?

If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint ?
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hakone in spring. The mountains, the japanese buildings, the cherry blossom trees...
Cove in Cuba, white sandy beach, turquoise water and the sun rising over the rocks.

Took me through the motions.
I'd paint the view of the volcano I was looking at, when I was in Bali. It was breathtaking. 
The Port Elizabeth Harbour view before the removal of the old cranes. 
I would paint the morning rising out in my grandparents farm that they used to have. 
I would paint my granduncle's house at Canada.
any beach during sunset Nod 
my grandmars holiday house.
canon beach in oregon
The old volcanos in Cedar Mountain or the Birch forests in Cedar Mountain. They're both beautiful, especially the Birch Forest if you get it with the right lightning and season. The view is to die for.
I have a photo album that exists nowhere but in my mind. I would paint one of the photos there...

Coming to Renaissance Faire, hours and hours after setting out on the road, after illness, a flat tire, and some truly inept mechanics delayed us... it was nearing dawn, and the eastern sky was greening against the horizon. "Bumptown" — the bowl of grass that stretched away to the edge of the wooded fairgrounds, where the participants camped at night — was silent, sleeping, still, but for a few tents illuminated by early risers... and over all, the mountains loomed in the clear air, the overhead dome of the heavens the color of water, the stars fading out. It seemed like the whole world held its breath.
This quiet feild I run in every day. The colors are so pure and vibrant
The forest near my house when it's all misty in the morning hours. 
As someone who likes to illustrate all kinds of bizarre scenery, there;s actually very few "interesting" landscapes I've actually been to. Sure I live in Australia - the land of weird and bizarre landscapes, but many of them are so far out from society here that it's a costly and time-consuming ordeal to get to most of them. They're simply too far from where I live or areas I have been to.

I did go to the Great Barrier Reef for one day when I was visiting northern Queensland (to the north-east of Australia, facing the reef). I didn't go SCUBA diving or anything, but we stopped at Green Island and spent most of our short visit there on the island itself. Sadly it just wasn't "beach weather" the day we went. It was rainy and windy the whole way and so the crystal blues that shine in the daytime were more grey under this weather. The forest on the island was very dense, calm and warm once you got into that after leaving what was at the time - less than favourable conditions on the beach. We also went on a glass-bottom boat ride to see the reef while staying dry, but bad weather once again disturbed the clarity of the view by having sediment being whipped up by choppy sea conditions, resulting in "hazy" looking water in areas that are otherwise very clear. The tour guide actually apologized for the crappy conditions and stated the view is usually a lot better.

It was kinda disappointing really - I've painted dozens of tropical island scenes before, then when I finally go to one the weather was total shit. But I don't blame the island or the tour and would consider going back if time and money permits. That's probably the closest place I've been to that's like some of the scenes I already create.
Like in person? I'd paint the sulfur pools in Yellowstone :B
I would paint camp. When all the children are running around in the grass playing together with the councilors. I think it is the most joyful moment that can not be contained with words. 
this lovely place by the name of Crystal Cove, bout 30 mins away from me:

bryanttrinh3.wordpress.com/201…
I once had a dream that I wake up on a hill under a blossoming tree with white, remember I could see a small river flowing into the sea, and the rest was just forest, was all desert and I just remembered seeing the sunrise sunset with a strong light to invade the view and then I wake up, I loved and enjoyed this dream of having again, and so I like to paint my dream.
The Vatican is pretty fantastic, the inside of it blew me away. The amount of detail and work gone into that place is scary.
Yeah man. i was tryin to snap pics everywhere i was alowd XD
same, i was walking saying "look at that" every two seconds. shame i was with someone who couldnt have cared anyless and understood and appreciated nothing. I was wounded when they told us not cameras etc in the Sistine chapel.
:iconiknowthatfeelplz:
I can totally relate to everything you are saying. the rest of my group did not give a crap. :C
Shame really isnt it, i strolled around Rome like a kid at Christmas time, from the Pantheon to just the simple things like detail on average buildings. It was glorious, as a student of History i couldnt get enough, however my commentary on each landmark or origin fell on deaf ears.