a tricky question fof all of you.

So here it goes...

Imagine you are a driver of a train, the train consists of 12 locomotives, two of those are the train steam machine itself and the coal storage. The coal storage contains 380 kgs of coal. The remaining 10 locomotives are labeled alphabetically and each contains iron bars weighting 750 kgs. The name of the train is north resources provider and it heads south. What is the name of the machinist?
Comments58
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sorry that was rude of me.
Fui Ma'allofalla
Can someone please explain to me why it's our own names ^+^ It's probably pretty simple, but I'm getting nowhere and also not trying very hard Neko-Emoji-01 [V1] 
Its because at first you are asked to imagine yourself as the driver of the train, back then drivers of trains were called machinists.
Ohh clever I see. I completely skimmed the first half, not expecting it to be important. Silly me =^_^=
That was the tricky part in the question. All the information coming after the first sentence is completely irrelevant.
Super sweet! Thanks for the help ^_^;
Who cares?  You don't have machinists on trains. 
Okay, keeping that in mind, is this one of those lateral thinking problems whose solution involves a long string of incredibly tenuous connections that are not even remotely hinted at by the question?
Why have a steam powered train in the first place. This isn't the 1900's 
Why not? It must not necessarily base on the present, it could base on the past or on the future.
Definitely not future.