Art Teachers?

Hello deviants of the interwebs, I have a nice discussion questions for everyone.
"Have you ever had an awesomely crazy art teacher?" I've had 2, Mr. Millman, and Mr. Hegstead.
Mr. Millman - My junior high Art teacher, he was OLD, and had Long wavy hair in a ponytail. He also drew 2 self portraits: one of himself, the other as a pirate version. Lol.

Mr. Hegstead - my 9th grade Art teacher, he was about in his late 40's-early 50's, and had an awesome beard that looks like mutton chops combine with a handlebar mustache. And everyone called him hegstache, he always said jokingly to annoying students, "Hehehe, shut up kid." And danced to his favorite songs on the radio IN class. XD

So... What are Your crazy art teachers? And we'll discuss below. :D
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have a high school art teacher that acts like she teaches preschool "1,2,3 eyes on me!" and "Be nice to each other" kind of stuff, and she hates me because I don't follow any of her project specifications. I'm such a rebel.;) (Wink) 
Lol, I suprisingly don't have a lot of rebels in my art classes that I remember, sounds funny.  xD
Well our Art teacher is 80 % of the year ill so i don´t really know him lol
Ik, my math teacher said she finally isn't coming the rest of the year, because she's so sick. LoL
No, I have a good one now though. She's a very calm woman and prone to getting sick, she definitely knows a lot about art and she's traveled a lot of the world to see it.
Not really, just one teacher who encouraged me. She liked the detail I put in my work, but she was the only art teacher out of four who paid me any notice.  The others were more into the popular, talented students.
All of my art teachers have been relatively normal. Which is a bit disappointing...
Aww, sad. But atleast not horrible. :)
One of my elementary school art teachers looked exactly like Jamie Lee Curtis and spoke like every sentence was a poetic verse. She was so awesome. Then she got replaced by a nutcase blonde from Minnesota. One minute she'd be happy and laughing and the next, "Your work sucks and you need to do BETTER!"
I'm so glad she moved back to Minnesota.
BTW, that's a nice avatar. Sniper is my favorite class :D
Ikr, Loove da snoipah. :D
My art prof in college is pretty sweet, his name's Patrick and he brings his dawg to class. Little guy likes to hump legs, alot.
his name is cooper, people from other art classes next door get molested by him too cuz he's off the leash :lol:
Only had one teacher throughout high school he was Viet Nam vet.  Some kids thought he was mean and brash but I liked him.  The biggest compliment he ever paid me was, "You know what you're doing." he said it after the scathing comments he made over some of the other kids work.  Every year we'd go on a field trip to an art expo in Tucson, one year we made a side trip to the state art museum.  He confused the dates on an exhibit he wanted us to see and we ended up strolling past Mapplethorpe-like photos, s&m stuff and wall-sized pics of penises and vaginas.  Some kids almost freaked but I thought it was hilarious. 

He was a photographer and adviser to the year book staff, everything I learned and forgot about photography I learned and forgot from him. :B
Mrs. Carrie during junior year. We called her Mrs. Frizzle because she looked like an older version of her! And you can easily tell how passionate about art she was by her interaction with her students and how intimate she will get with students' projects. And I say that without meaning anything.

At least you knew that she would take good care of your work when you put it in the back room because she would treat it as her own. Yeah she did show dictation over projects and criticism could be.....but those are the good art teachers because they know what art is and are willing to go the distance to help you.

I also had another art teacher named Mrs. Blair and I still wonder how she put up with me lol. Despite going with a "C" in her class because I hardly did paperwork, she knew I loved art. I would have went to advance art if I did my work but got stuck in regular classes. One time the AA students were going on a field trip to an art museum and there were extra spaces left Mrs. Blair invited me because she knew I would be interested to go and I loved it. Sorry about the long comment.
I have had 2 different teachers.
The first one is a really nice woman but sometimes she's...in her own magic world and in these situations it's better not even talking to her, she wouldn't understand a word. She always gives me 10 (best mark) in my drawings, so doesn't matter as long as she gives me 10 XD

The second one, oh my god.
He was a weirdo...psychedelic/modern/weird art lover who made me draw absolute nonsense, 6 months with that guy, it was a torture. I think he hated me, it was mutual D:
I passed from 10 to 6 in a second. Hope I'll never meet him again, those people should close themselves into their houses and draw their art on toilet paper. :(
Sounds like a nightmare, I fell bad. :(
thanks for the support XD
My 12th grade art teacher made me hate art period!!! She would make us do elementary level crafts like origami bunnies......OMG ...