Anyone here met anyone famous?

I met Liliane Montevecchi and Tippi Hedren.
Comments125
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My mother met Nicole Kidman and everyone of U2 :iconhurrplz: She travels a lot for business, somehow got to talk to them in an airport, somewhere.

But I've never met anyone really famous. :shrug: Or, you know, nothing more than Belgium-famous. :lol:
I wasn't going to reply since those I've met aren't huge but as I don't recognize most of these people I might as well :lol:

I've met Kevin Smith (director of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Red State, etc) and Marilyn Ghigliotti (Veronica in Clerks) on separate occasions. Brian O'Halloran (Dante in Clerks) and Marilyn wishes me a happy birthday every year because we're facebook friends like that. I also met Adrian Beard, who voices Token on South Park and pretty much all the other black characters as well as one of the lead storyboard artists. I met all the other lead artists too, got some awesome drawings from them. Matt Groening gave me a drawing he did of Charlie Brown last year, that was pretty much the highlight of my year.

Oh, and I met the entire original broadway cast of Book of Mormon, I brought ceramic frogs for them to sign long before they sold frogs in their broadway store and they all couldn't get over us bringing our own frogs so they always came to chat with us. The leads are doing pretty famously now, Josh Gad is on 1600 Penn now and Andrew Rannells is Bryan Collins on The New Normal.

But perhaps greatest of all was meeting the sheep farmer who owns the sheep farm Hobbiton is built on. I got my picture with him and everything.
I met Roberto Gomez Bolaños once and ex president Felipe calderon.
I met John Mayall, I saw Tony Mendez (the man who the movie Argo is about) but didn't have the nerve to talk to him, and I've met some politicians.
That dude that plays Spock in the Star Trek films--

No, not Leonard Nimoy. That other, younger guy. Whatshisface.

I was at a cafe in NYC with a friend and he suddenly sits in the table next to us. My friend went into silent hysterics (while trying to remain cool). I had no idea who he was. If I saw him again I'd have no clue he was anybody famous. :shrug: The only trekkie I know IRL is a TNG fan.
Tippi Hedren? YOU MEAN THE STAR OF BIRDEMIC? :O

I met and seen some WWE wrestlers in person. I got a kiss and autograph from Layla back in 2007 :D
and I saw Rey Misterio at a wrestling match in 2010.
I met myself B'I
I've met Paul Kelly. His daughter used to go to my school. :'D
my mom met miley cyrus in tennessee and pushed her out onto the curb :la:
Well, I've been to 2 harry potter premieres and the first time we got to stand first row (>w< jeej) so most harry potter cast (daniel redcliffe, emma watson, rupert grint, and a lot of others). And last year the weasley brothers came to my country (the netherlands) so again Oliver and James Phelps and Rupert Grint. Got James' autograph on my starbucks ticket :D (Still treasure it in my wallet). And about 3 or 4 years ago Tom Cruise came to the netherlands for his premiere of Valkyrie. Got a picture, autograph and he talked shortly to my mom, my sis and me (he took his time for his fans :D). Now, 2 weeks ago, I went to the Bafta awards with my sisters and we got autograph from George Clooney, Joaquin Pheonix, Bradley Cooper, Hugh Jackman and some others i don't know. And now last monday, Richard Gere came to the Netherlands for his premiere of Arbitrage and we and a lot of fans waited in the cold for hours.. And when he came he greeted everybody, walked to the journalists and walked away inside the theater T_T I was so dissapointed. But yesterday I met a Dutch actor. I was with my mom and sisters at a trainstation here in Holland, and suddendly a man asked us information about the train. When he walked away, me and my sister looked at each other and both said "was that ......... ". He was in the same train as us, but we thought it would be weird to ask. And so we sended him an email yesterday to ask and today he replied it was indeed him xp I was so happy! I really adored him as a teenager in one of my favorite series from my youth x3

I'm sorry for this long post. I am still very happy about the dutch actor, so i was looking for a thread like this to share my story to someone :D Thank you for reading.
Natty Wailer from Bob Marley and the Wailers. He was visiting the town I live in because he knew people than ran the pub there. He was pretty locked coming out of the local chip shop, and had a pint of Guinness. I've met a few video game voice actors, two Japanese film directors and Dirk Benidect from the original A-Team.
I meet with a famous person everyday. When I look in the mirror.

But seriously, never met any famous person. I've seen a few not very big time celebs from day time tele programs in person, but nothing more.

I've dreamt I've met a few famous people, does that count? :P three of which were cage fighters, one being Chuck the iceman Liddell - I was speaking to him and then tried to find a way to get my camera so I could get a picture with him and got lost in the dream, woke up long after.
I met Paul Abel, one of the presenters of The Sky at Night. He was chuffed to be recognised from there, though we'd all heard his name when he was called up to receive some recognition or other at my brother's graduation ceremony.

I once stood next to David Suich of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at the urinals.
I saw our queen and future king in real. And I spoke to some well known comic artists...but never really 'met' someone really famous.
I met Vic Mignogna at an anime convention... He's my least favorite voice actor.
I met him too, but I don't even like anime cx My friend was thrilled, though.
I went to a Harry Potter premier and met/saw a lot of the HP cast.
Not that I remember, but I did see Demi Lavado or something in concert a few years back. It was with my sister and her friends. :T
I met Justin Timberlake once when I was in Elementary School ._. He was a total douche bag and when I asked for his autograph, he signed "George Washington".
My thoughts exactly