Closed to new replies
February 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 124

Anyone here met anyone famous?

:iconanaignoswal:
AnaigNoswal Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I met Liliane Montevecchi and Tippi Hedren.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxannijn:
Xannijn Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student Filmographer
My mother met Nicole Kidman and everyone of U2 :iconhurrplz: She travels a lot for business, somehow got to talk to them in an airport, somewhere.

But I've never met anyone really famous. :shrug: Or, you know, nothing more than Belgium-famous. :lol:
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I wasn't going to reply since those I've met aren't huge but as I don't recognize most of these people I might as well :lol:

I've met Kevin Smith (director of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Red State, etc) and Marilyn Ghigliotti (Veronica in Clerks) on separate occasions. Brian O'Halloran (Dante in Clerks) and Marilyn wishes me a happy birthday every year because we're facebook friends like that. I also met Adrian Beard, who voices Token on South Park and pretty much all the other black characters as well as one of the lead storyboard artists. I met all the other lead artists too, got some awesome drawings from them. Matt Groening gave me a drawing he did of Charlie Brown last year, that was pretty much the highlight of my year.

Oh, and I met the entire original broadway cast of Book of Mormon, I brought ceramic frogs for them to sign long before they sold frogs in their broadway store and they all couldn't get over us bringing our own frogs so they always came to chat with us. The leads are doing pretty famously now, Josh Gad is on 1600 Penn now and Andrew Rannells is Bryan Collins on The New Normal.

But perhaps greatest of all was meeting the sheep farmer who owns the sheep farm Hobbiton is built on. I got my picture with him and everything.
:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I met Roberto Gomez Bolaņos once and ex president Felipe calderon.
:iconawsomniac:
awsomniac Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student General Artist
I met John Mayall, I saw Tony Mendez (the man who the movie Argo is about) but didn't have the nerve to talk to him, and I've met some politicians.
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013   General Artist
:grump: Nope.
:iconendarch:
endarch Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013   General Artist
That dude that plays Spock in the Star Trek films--

No, not Leonard Nimoy. That other, younger guy. Whatshisface.

I was at a cafe in NYC with a friend and he suddenly sits in the table next to us. My friend went into silent hysterics (while trying to remain cool). I had no idea who he was. If I saw him again I'd have no clue he was anybody famous. :shrug: The only trekkie I know IRL is a TNG fan.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Tippi Hedren? YOU MEAN THE STAR OF BIRDEMIC? :O

I met and seen some WWE wrestlers in person. I got a kiss and autograph from Layla back in 2007 :D
and I saw Rey Misterio at a wrestling match in 2010.
:iconfaerismoka:
faerismoka Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I met myself B'I
:iconcomrademonaco:
comrademonaco Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I've met Paul Kelly. His daughter used to go to my school. :'D
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
my mom met miley cyrus in tennessee and pushed her out onto the curb :la:
:iconleara07:
leara07 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
Well, I've been to 2 harry potter premieres and the first time we got to stand first row (>w< jeej) so most harry potter cast (daniel redcliffe, emma watson, rupert grint, and a lot of others). And last year the weasley brothers came to my country (the netherlands) so again Oliver and James Phelps and Rupert Grint. Got James' autograph on my starbucks ticket :D (Still treasure it in my wallet). And about 3 or 4 years ago Tom Cruise came to the netherlands for his premiere of Valkyrie. Got a picture, autograph and he talked shortly to my mom, my sis and me (he took his time for his fans :D). Now, 2 weeks ago, I went to the Bafta awards with my sisters and we got autograph from George Clooney, Joaquin Pheonix, Bradley Cooper, Hugh Jackman and some others i don't know. And now last monday, Richard Gere came to the Netherlands for his premiere of Arbitrage and we and a lot of fans waited in the cold for hours.. And when he came he greeted everybody, walked to the journalists and walked away inside the theater T_T I was so dissapointed. But yesterday I met a Dutch actor. I was with my mom and sisters at a trainstation here in Holland, and suddendly a man asked us information about the train. When he walked away, me and my sister looked at each other and both said "was that ......... ". He was in the same train as us, but we thought it would be weird to ask. And so we sended him an email yesterday to ask and today he replied it was indeed him xp I was so happy! I really adored him as a teenager in one of my favorite series from my youth x3

I'm sorry for this long post. I am still very happy about the dutch actor, so i was looking for a thread like this to share my story to someone :D Thank you for reading.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013   Digital Artist
Natty Wailer from Bob Marley and the Wailers. He was visiting the town I live in because he knew people than ran the pub there. He was pretty locked coming out of the local chip shop, and had a pint of Guinness. I've met a few video game voice actors, two Japanese film directors and Dirk Benidect from the original A-Team.
:iconfalseshepherd:
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I meet with a famous person everyday. When I look in the mirror.

But seriously, never met any famous person. I've seen a few not very big time celebs from day time tele programs in person, but nothing more.

I've dreamt I've met a few famous people, does that count? :P three of which were cage fighters, one being Chuck the iceman Liddell - I was speaking to him and then tried to find a way to get my camera so I could get a picture with him and got lost in the dream, woke up long after.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I met Paul Abel, one of the presenters of The Sky at Night. He was chuffed to be recognised from there, though we'd all heard his name when he was called up to receive some recognition or other at my brother's graduation ceremony.

I once stood next to David Suich of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at the urinals.
:icondetective-may:
Detective-May Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Does *DestinyBlue count?
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
I saw our queen and future king in real. And I spoke to some well known comic artists...but never really 'met' someone really famous.
:iconjamiedear:
jamieDEAR Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I met Vic Mignogna at an anime convention... He's my least favorite voice actor.
:iconsingagainsoon:
singagainsoon Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I met him too, but I don't even like anime cx My friend was thrilled, though.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I went to a Harry Potter premier and met/saw a lot of the HP cast.
:iconsauti-alamisi:
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Not that I remember, but I did see Demi Lavado or something in concert a few years back. It was with my sister and her friends. :T
:iconwerewolfe1:
Werewolfe1 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I met Justin Timberlake once when I was in Elementary School ._. He was a total douche bag and when I asked for his autograph, he signed "George Washington".
:iconkeeper-of-pickles:
Keeper-Of-Pickles Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
DAT BITCH.
:iconwerewolfe1:
Werewolfe1 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
My thoughts exactly
:rofl:
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I have meet a few.

Chuck Norris: very friendly guy. I met him in an airport while waiting for my flight. he walked up to me while in uniform and said thank you for your service

Weird Al: a CD signing, and had him sign my VHS of his movie UHF. Another awesome guy

R. Lee Ermey: he is a very cool guy to talk too.

Tom Cruise: I worked at a summer camp that shared the same lake that he owned a summer cottage on. I didn't recognized him with a beard while he was on a run but the girls that were in the van with me did. This was back during the post production of The Last Samurai. the girls yelled out of the van "GOOD MORNING MR. CRUISE!" He just smiled and waved.

Robin Williams: I meet him in Seattle while he was on tour. after asking me what I did for a living I answered with the army". He said "You know you and I lead very dangerous careers. You drive down the wrong street and you get blown up and shot at. I tell the wrong joke to the wrong crowd and they take me out to a back alley and stab me 40 times with a broken bottle and then hang my corpse from a light pole outside the city as a warning to other comedians." I went to see his show and he mentioned the same joke when I meet him.
:iconphantasmastriker:
PhantasmaStriker Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Nope, I don't give a rats ass to meet somebody famous.
:iconbyrnethau:
ByrnethAu Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Had lunch with Amy Carter (Jimmy Carter's daughter).
Bumped into Stephen King at an antique store in South Florida but I think I just looked shocked and said nothing.
Met Sarah Palin.
Was at a stoplight next to Drew Barrymore.
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
My mom has, I haven't. I don't mind too much, but I would like to meet a few celebrities. Especially, Louie CK.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Met David Archuleta in person - he was just a kid so I didn't really care. 

I met some local celebrities, but none of which is Hollywood calibre. :shrug: I've watched Muse, The Flaming Lips, The Bravery and such acts live but I wouldn't call those as "meetings". 
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student General Artist
My sound design teacher is [link]

He's quasi-famous I guess
:iconjohnnycagetheboss:
johnnycagetheboss Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Alan Shearer, when I was a kid back in the 90's at a Newcastle match, I also have his old Aquarius tumble dryer in my house, because my bro is a professional landscaper and he did his garden.
:iconkmnfive:
kmnfive Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
yes
:iconswampmarsh:
swampmarsh Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I met Jeff Frankenstein and also have somewhat constant contact with John Flansburgh.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Reverend William Sloan Coffin. I got to ask him if that character in Doonesbury was really based on him, and he gave me the real skinny on that.
I also got to meet the young British reporter who followed Gandhi around, and was even an invited guest in his house the night India got its independence.
Then there was Billy Collins. And Jill Sobule. Since they broke up, I don't suppose the members of Jabberpony count...?
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Mr. T. No joke. The company I worked at subsidized a health club membership for employees and he would be there once in awhile working out.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Well, a friend of mine once bought a dog from one of the kids that appeared in that one iconic picture from the Great Depression. And no, I am not making that up. I just have these weird connections to people. Like how my sister once interned in the office of Tom Harkin. Whenever she was asked questions about people with disabilities she would use me as an example so for a period there were several people in Washington who wanted to meet me.
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student Filmographer
I cockslapped Rihanna and blamed it on Chris Brown.

Also, Steve Buscemi owes me money.
:iconinarrca:
Inarrca Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Shook hands with Penn & Teller about 5 months ago on the Las Vegas strip. Had a nice, but short, conversation with Teller. Made my day.
:iconcalvero:
Calvero Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student
I wish I could meet Teller. I used to live within walking distance of their theatre, but I still haven't met them.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student General Artist
no one.. yet.
:iconsinneca:
Sinneca Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student
I met George
:iconkotomaru:
Kotomaru Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I've met Brad Paisley and Tracey Bird in concert when I was a kid...
:icontruesoprano:
TrueSoprano Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I met Bob Dole when I was a kid. My dad used to work for him. I also was in an elevator with Colin Powell. This was when I was too young to really know who they were, though.

I've met all of the current Megadeth lineup 3 times (Chris 4 times and David 5 times). I've also met most of Barren Earth and had a conversation with Sami Yli-Sirnio. (SUCH a cool guy!)

I've also met Morten Lauridsen, but that's only really exciting if you're a choir nerd I guess.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have met some voice actors from anime's and got them to sign my free hugs sign and one of them signed a manga book for me.
:iconinkedalivebycolors:
Inkedalivebycolors Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh god.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
didn't exactly meet anyone but the actress Katherine Heigl was on my flight from L.A to Salt Lake City. She was sitting in the very back with her mom.
:iconjunete:
junete Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
No, my life isn't that exciting.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not really a "meet" but I was briefly within just feet of Steve Irwin earlier in the same year that he died :O

He worked at the Australia Zoo and did shows there, we visited it one day and after the show we returned to seeing the animals the regular way, and he rode past on a little scooter-like thing :D
LUCKY. :iconmadnoesplz:
:icondarksilverflame:
DarkSilverflame Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
David Hasselhoff when I was a kid, and I was fortunate enough to be a friend to Steve Irwin.
Add a Comment: