Closed to new replies
February 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

I need a new hobby.

:icondarkhorse08:
DarkHorse08 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
So I finally had my room renovated. There are bunch of shelves in each corners but they're quite empty. So far out of around 10+ shelves I only have 3 filled. One for my anime figurines (only few atm), One for my books & novels, and a random one where I just put school related stuff.

Now I'm looking for an art-related hobby. Some creations I can put on those empty shelves.

I have the idea of having my drawing and sketches framed but I'm looking for something unique and something that would really attract people.

I'm thinking of triangle origami and create various of little creature. But I myself isn't familiar with this kind of stuff so I'm still looking for tutorials online.
I was inspired by this artist [link]

Those are the things I have in my mind at the moment. Suggestions are open please feel free to voice out or share your own hobbies.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondarkhorse08:
DarkHorse08 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
I've read all the suggestions thanks.

I'd love to get more and if possible a hobby or something I could work in it at school?
:iconmraaronmarker:
mraaronmarker Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I like Mexican folk art. It can color up a shelf nicely.
:iconfalseshepherd:
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
The bags KFC meals come in, fill your shelves with them. :iconkfcplz:

I dunno really - there's pictures, awards, trophies, sentimental possessions.. Can't think of much right now.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Have you considered taking up Satanic worship? That's totally a hobby.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
You could start origami as mentioned by others, and also collect classic hardcover books. :nod:
:iconnineveh03:
Nineveh03 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
I used to have similar problem right after getting my new room. It was so empty - not only on the shelfs, but also in wardrobe et cetera. But now it's the opposite - I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE. And I have no idea how did that happen ;o
So watch out.
But the origami is great. I can only make some birds, but I did them in a lot of different colours and sizes, so they always looked nice <3
:icondalkur:
Dalkur Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You could start sculpturing - there are a lot of polymer clays out there that can be baked in a normal oven. :)
:iconangelitadelacruz:
AngelitaDelaCruz Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
And so do I because life's a little boring this time around ;/.
:iconunknownsingularity:
UnknownSingularity Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You can collect road kill bones. When I was a child I used to walk along the highway collecting skulls of road kill :nod:

I got dogs of several sizes, cats, a cow, a turtle shell and skull, plus birds, various rodents.

I should do that again, I left my collection behind at my parents house :ohnoes:
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
I bet you like shows like Oddities. :lol: 
Add a Comment: