Old games you had

What are some old games you had as a kid? I had [link] (Bill Ding), [link] (Don't Break The Ice), and [link] (Cooties), among other toys.

Just want to get the nostalgia up and running here.
Comments71
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Me bang rock with other rock.

Me invent rock music.
Are we talking board games or video games here? =P

We still have a few of the old boardgames from when I was a kid here. Lessee, we had Scrabble and Monopoly (we used to play the latter a lot at Christmas with the rest of the family), Kerplunk (where you had to pull sticks out of a ball full of marbles) a buildable marble run, Wiggly Worms, Crocodile Dentist, Mouse Trap, Save Me Bacon, Rattle Me Bones (a bit like Buckaroo but with a skeleton pirate instead of a mule)...
We also had this one called Splat or something, where you made little bugs out of playdough and if you landed on the wrong square someone got a plastic hand out and squashed your bug :D And we had another one where the board had a tower in the middle of it and you had to conquer the tower, but the other player could use a barrel on a chain attached to it to knock all your guys off the board.

Video games.. The first one I remember us having was an Amstrad, and we also had a Commodore 64 and a couple of Amigas at one point, as well as a bunch of those handheld game things. Aside from this I grew up playing SNES and Master System/Megadrive games. We don't have any of the old computers now but we kept all the consoles :)
I remember playing this really old Spyro game on our PS1, I miss it. :c
I've always enjoyed the Alex Kidd games, and still have them all in my attic. I played them nonstop when I was a youngling. Alex Kidd in Shinobi World was my most favorite :D I just wished that he got alot more reputation that he should've gotten :'( I'd love to see Sega bring him back.
I had that hungry hippos game and some sort of alligator thing were you removed his teeth. I remember "Don't break the ice" too.
Paper Boy. Ghost 'n goblins, Sonic the Hedgehog II. Donkey Kong, Pac-man. Number munchers. Math blaster. Super solvers. Some Carmen SanDiego or other by Broderbund. <- for videogames. I didn't have galaga but used to play it almost every chance I could get at the arcade. That and to a lesser extent moon patrol. As far as boardgames, I had Don't Break The Ice and Cooties too but Bill Ding is one I'm not familiar with. I'll have to look it up. I think I had Guess Who and candyland too but what I used to really get into was battleship. I never exactly had my own gameboard though but I'd play it at school on rainy days and at the rec center or other people's houses who did have the board.
Russian Roulette.
Best. Game. Ever.
Oh wait, games, my bad. :XD: Misread. I had Mouse Trap, an N64, and a few other board games.
Some Toy Story merchandise is what sticks out in my mind. And also the wooden Thomas train sets where you could set up your own track, I played with those for years. :D
Dont wake daddy...ah...i loved playing that game a lot when i was a kid with my dad. :(
The only really rememberable thing that comes to mind was legos. I really loved to build different mechanics and stuff. I even made toy guns and those little cars which you can pull back and they would go off once you let them go (by using a rubber band thing). It was fun.
I had a lot of puzzles AND a lot of trump cards.
I had a Space 1999 ship that glowed orange in the dark -- well, stripes on it did.
I also had a set of soldiers on a Moon Base from Sears, which entertained me for ages.
I was an aspiring magician from early childhood, so I often bought magic tricks from Adams & Adams, as well as some the "TV Magic" kits. And I added to that a ventriloquist dummy.
On a more traditional note, I had a good old-fashioned Jacob's Ladder. Simple, but it kept me entertained me for hours at a time.
Ahhh memories.

Hungry, Hungry Hippos FTW!
but I also had...
Cluedo, Guess Who, Boggle, Monopoly, Kerplunk, Connect 4... I am sure I had heaps more :D
Hungry HUngry Hippos! :w00t:
I admit I used to cheat at this when playing against my brother from time to time. I would put things under his side of the game so all the balls would roll my way :D
I never cheated.. it was all about fun <3
I cheated at times because it was a good way to start fights with my brother... ahhh to be young again :D
Haha! It was a good time with Hungry Hippos. :)
Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots (could never play that without getting into an actual fight with my brother)
Battlestar Galactica board game (1878)
Lazer Tag (..could never play that without getting into an actual fight with my cousins)
Rubic's Cube and an electronic version that lit up and beeped incredibly loud.
Haha the British version of laser tag was so messed up... It had a robotic voice when you turn the sensor on and said "Hello dickhead" - I've no idea what the creator of it was thinking at the time.
I miss lazer tag, sadly they don't sell those anymore and are expensive as hell online. At least I got one when I was younger :D