Snail Mail

How many of you guys still exchange letters by snail mail? As in, no online correspondence, just good old pen and paper?
Comments90
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I send cards and letters via snail mail to my fiancé :D
Been meaning to write a military pal I feel awwwwwful
You're asking people online if they don't correspond online. I'll try to answer this as soon as I can resolve the paradox...
Objection! :iconobjectionplz:
I never asked anyone if the didn't correspond online.
I only asked if people still corresponded with pen and paper.
Those two can coexist, you know.
I write letters to my friends in other states all the time. (: We used to write weekly, but we all got too busy for that, so now we send each other random prizes when we have the time. :P
My friend Tiff got some purple chop sticks from me last year, and another friend is getting a coffee cup soon (alright, so that's technically already hers, but at least it'll come with a letter, right?) And she sent me a heart made of tin foil recently. :P

I've always preferred writing letters, because it seems more personal than just typing up a message and hitting SEND. Plus, you can draw all over letters, and who doesn't love that?
Letters have this sentimental feel to them.That's why I love them! You're right about the little prizes. Most of the time,when I'm busy, I stick a few stickers into the envelope with the letter~
I usually include stickers, too. :)
Since German mail is about as reliable as a bomb-shelter made of jello, no, I don't.
I write letters to my grandmother in another state, does that count?
Yes. Yes it does.
I probably should do that more often. I write notes in cards and stuff and I write thank you letters for most gifts or what I purchase. hand written letters have such a poignant sentimental feel to them.
Last time I sent somebody a letter by mail, it showed up 6 years late!
Yeah :P and I wrote it in crayon back when I sent it. Then one day, 6 years later, my cousin calls me up, asking why the crap I sent him a letter in crayon.
Whoa. Then you told him... what?
:iconoctaviashrugplz: I don't remember, that was years n years ago
snail mail is for chumps :la:
Therefore, I am a chump. I:
I've never done this and doubt I ever will, tbh. Besides, my handwriting is an eye sore.
My bills come in the post. Sometimes, things that I bought online comes through the post as well. :dummy:
Nope. I don't like killing trees.
I write the occasional one as my fiance is in the US and I'm in the UK. :shrug:
If you ever get the chance see, "The Best of Friends". A PBS production about the 25-yr friendship of pen pals Dame Laurentia McLachlan (Benedictine nun), Sir Sydney Cockerell (museum curator), and George Bernard Shaw. Staring Sir. John Gielgud, Wendy Hiller and Patrick McGoohan. Now that's letter writing. :)
Only administrative stuff and birthday/christmas/other cards.