Time to shut down, brain :C

I have slept 3/51 hours and my brain is just like DFHDJSHTUEWRIU. I've never experienced insomnia before :stare:

Tell me about your sleeping pattern, or lack of ^_^
Comments28
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My sleeping pattern is all over the place. I tend to just go to sleep when I'm tired, weather it's the middle of the day or not. And I usually sleep for the same amount of time I was awake for, more or less. So, about 12 hours, sometimes even 24 or more if I've had a whole week of very little sleep. Although lately I keep getting woken up by thumping and screaming/crying brat noises coming from next door at around 5-6 in the morning and it's driving me insane!
You can be declared legally insane if you go without sleep for over three days.
It takes me a bit to get to sleep 'cause it's the main time I think about things a lot and then when I do finally fall asleep, I'm asleep for about 8 hours or more unless it's one of those nights I wake up frequently for no reason. :grump:
got back from vacationing in South East Asia this summer. Fell asleep at 5 in the morning and woke up at 5 at sunset the next day. I literally ran to my mom's room and asked her if i slept through the whole weekend.
This was my weirdest sleeping incident as of late
o: you must have been so exhausted. It's a bit scary sleeping that long
definitely scared, yes xD
I go to bed around six to eight in the morning and wake up around eight at night. Usually. This weird sleep pattern comes from the eleven years I spent working nights.
I usually get in bed by around 3:00 and get up at around 12:00 or 1:00.
I go to bed at around midnight, I guess, and try to wake up at 8, but I seem to get out of bed at 10, if not 11. :hmm:
That tends to happen to me when I'm on holiday :p not the best habit D:
Ah.. at least there is a reason when you're on holiday! :dummy:
If I'm going to function and look pretty, I usually need to get a solid ten hours of sleep. But if I'm excited, angry, sad, anxious, in a different bed, or really anything has changed, I won't be able to sleep. And then if I haven't slept the night before, it'll be even harder for me to sleep the next night. And then stressing over when I am going to finally be able to sleep makes it even harder for me to sleep. I've gone about... I think at my longest almost two weeks unable to sleep for more then three hours at a time. Without sleeping at all my record is three days.

Right now I've gotten about five hours of sleep. I went to bed at about 1:00 and woke up around 6ish and I wasn't supposed to be waking up until 9:30.
coffee more coffee
I've been through insomnia, semi-somnia and hypersomnia, I can sleep now for up to 16 hours (hyper somnia), but it really don't help that it's taking me longer to get tired at times, sometimes I'll not bother going to bed til 3am, other times as late/early as 6am. I've also, even after many hours of sleep in the past, been able to sleep through the day to a certain point and often felt tired, which came to be a habit as it often happened around the same times each day at one point, it's generally not all that ideal, especially if there are things you need to get done. But at the time it was quite an advantage for me, for example, if I had a terrible headache I would quite often be able to just get in bed and sleep it off, or in some more frequent cases, when I would become so excruciatingly bored where I would often also be induced with a huge amount of frustration along with a horrible tight feeling in my chest. (extreme boredom!)
I often fall asleep then suddenly wake up at 11pm, and I can't sleep until 2am. Must be because that's the time I stay up at weekends.
I take about 1-2 hours every night to fall asleep, and I actually quite hate sleeping. Sleep is the cousin of death.
I can't function properly if I don't sleep a good 10 or more hours, which is just such a pain. So much time wasted... Also getting up early for school / work is unbelievably hard sometimes.
I tried staying up during a night sometimes, but it ended up with me almost falling asleep as soon as something even mildly uneventful happened. I'm like a zombie if I don't get enough sleep, and i hate that.
My sleep ranges from a good 12 hours to absolutly none.
The former is more frequent though.

That's what i get for enlisting.
12 hours must be nice! HOw do you have time for that much sleep tho ?
Oops did i say former? I ment latter there.
As for the twelvy, sometimes there is no work so i just sleep the day away.
sounds like you're sleeping your life away.
When you don't like your job and the more time you sleep the less you work while still bieng paid, it's worth it.
So you're being paid to sleep? Or do you have a work from home type job?
Neither, I get paid monthly regardless of the ammount of work I do.
So somedays I don't work at all, other times I work my ass off.