Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Explain this quote

:iconkimikitn:
kimikitn Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Hello random deviants! I am bored and was looking around at things and saw this quote:

"That is why I say that the real happiness of married life depends largely upon the personal character that is put into it."

How would you guys explain this quote? -boredom-

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsaphirazarroc:
SaphiraZarroc Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Obviously married life is happier if the couple puts some effort in keeping it interesting. :B Being married is gonna suck if all you do is live with each other. You gotta live with each other. Go out, do new things, continue building upon your character. A lifelong relationship is miserable if two people stay exactly the same.

...there. That's my take on it.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sounds like a more specific version of "you get what you give". If you are willing to put out, work to make things...work, and compromise (not to the extent of being a doormat though) then a marriage should be balance and joyful. But different people have different personalities, so no matter who someone is paired up with - the success rate of it will depend partially on their own attitude :nod:
:icondragriff:
dragriff Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I would assume... It means... Eh, gonna be hard trying to explain my thoughts, but I'll try anyway.
So I think it means that the happiest marriage would be one where each of the two people can be themselves, do what they love to do, think what they think and be generally free, while married to someone who they love and can be free together with. Not be all like: "I will do everything for you, like cutting my leg off so I couldn't escape" and the other partner being like: "Yeah, you do that, because otherwise I won't be happy!"
It would mean they would be like one person, while being their own, individuals at the same time, know what I mean?
That's a good point! I was just reading something off my English textbook and post it up here to see what other people thought. xD
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So... who wants some cake? :iconcakeplz: I'm out of cheesecake at the moment.
Aww, I want cheesecake! I love that stuff! :D
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I got some more right here! :la:

:iconcheesecakeplz:
kimikitn Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Yummy :D
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   Digital Artist
I have no idea what that quote is on about, but I did save a bunch of money by switching to Geico. :D
Yay for Geico! :D

I was like I don't really understand this quote either. :l Bleh.
Add a Comment: