Dates

When you think of a date, you probably imagine a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant, right? Or maybe a chick flick movie at the theater. Then, the guy always has to pay for it because its "the gentlemanly thing to do". Or MAYBE the girl drags the guy all around the mall to go shopping.

Well I think thats a bunch of bullshit.

Yes, I think a romantic movie here and there is fine, but really, no wonder your boyfriend doesn't want to go on dates with you! In almost all cases, it's the girl who wants to do the things on the date. Did you ever once consider what the guy wanted to do?

Girls, if you start to think that maybe you're the one I'm talking about, try to imagine if you were in his position. Looking at designer clothes all day and waiting for you to try each and every one of them on, is not a date. He's just sitting around waiting for his 7 o' clock shave to grow back.

Try to do things that the guy wants to do, like playing video games for example. It probably doesn't sound like fun, but if it's something that both of you can participate in, you should at least give it a try. I don't mean playing an M rated game like Grand Theft Auto (however if she does like it then winner winner chicken dinner my friend) but something like Mario Kart or Smash Brothers. I don't know if this would be biased considering I love video games.. but still.

Perhaps, seeing a movie like The Avengers or some kind of action movie is his thing. Just something that HE wants to do.

Just a thought.
For the record, I'm a girl. So I'm not being sexist if that term even corresponds with if I would have been a guy.

Does anyone agree with this?
Comments148
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't have a Calendar. :S
D: Then you'll never know the dates!
Oh wait, I do have my original, limited edition Mayan Calendar! Maybe slightly outdated though...
Those who slay together stay together ;D
Shopping or video games aren't very good date ideas. The point isn't to do what one party wants, it's to find a mutually fun activity wherein both people can get to know each other. Every date I've been on always involved making plans we both like.
And then when you've been going out for a long time, eventually date night consists of wearing sweatpants, watching netflix and fighting over who has to make dinner :no:.
Well,in my first date,we spent all the day playing RPG's,then he fell asleep over my lap.I freaked out and called his mom.
" Hehe,nice way to sleep,son.I'm sure you are enjoying it...huhu.."
"THIS ISN'T FUNNY!!!HELP ME HERE!!"
"Nah....why?here,take your DS!You can play until he wakes up...
or you can sleep beside him....:iconheplz:"

Fine,I played for 3 minutes,but the battery was too low.*bip*Play time was over.
I didn't wake him up,but I think he is a somnambulant.He took the RPG game's king figure and sayed(with the eyes closed):
"See?This guy is awsome."
And he hugged me.He then released me and layed on the floor, continuing to sleep quietly. I went to the door to get out ... but ... HIS MOTHER LOCKED THE DOOR!!!!!

I hate that old woman.
Wow going shopping and looking at designer clothes all day?! *sigh* I feel like I'm w/ my girly friends. i wonder why i am friens w/ them :shrug: and when I DID had a boyfriend I was the one that wanted to play video games. i think he didn't really...liked or cared about that... And I TOTALLY agree w/ you. Girls should do things that the guys want to do on a date. i'm such a tomboy =D oh well who cares :dummy:
Is it wierd that when I saw "dates" I thought of the dried fruit thing?
Good but the tiny crunchy seeds are a turn off.
If I caught myself a bloke who's really into video games and would want to play with me, I'll have hit the jackpot.
I seriously don't know anyone who would actually do that :no: So I've no clue where all these goddamn stereotypes come from.
I think alot of guys just want to get laid and think cheesy movies and dinners will help them "achieve their goal". It works in the movies.
Dates are sipposed to be shared expeirences not just something HE or SHE wants to do..they are supposed to be something BOTH parties agree on...it's no wonder dating has become hard and complicated thing because whether its the guy or the girl, most people cant stop being selfish and putting their wants first. so you cant really blame a certain sex for any behavior.
I'm a female. If a man took me to a 'romantic dinner' or a chick flick he wouldn't see a second date.

And regardless of you being a girl I'm still offended that you seem to believe that all girls like that kind of shit. Or at least that's how I read it whether you meant it or not... In all serious I have NEVER met a girl in my life who wants to do that kind of shit with their boyfriend.

If I go on a date with a boy it would be to to a bar, or an art museum, or the comic book shop, or cuddling stark naked while watching old SF movies, or reading pulp SF, or playing RPGS, or well DOING ANYTHING but what you mentioned.
Instead of a romantic dinner or a movie, I'd rather go on a date with a little more creativity.

Here's something BETTER-- Find something you both find interesting and make a date around that? Yeah. That way it's fun for both.
I'd be more inclined to go on a date with someone if it was more than "just lunch" and talking about the weather.
Hello special snowflake who is soo different from all those other girls because you're into video games and action movies (!) . :lol: Oh the humanity.
When I think of dates I think of the fruit of a date palm.
I think either playing video games or to go shopping is not a date...
i refuse to go shopping. and when i take a girl out on dates, we watch violent action movies.
PFFFT :P gentleman thing to do XD i wouldnt spend any of my moeyon a girl until im sure she`s the one for me. In this cruddy economy, every penny is like gold
You act like video-games aren't a fun thing for everyone. :O_o:
If the whole goal is find someone you want to be in a relationship with, then it makes sense to be upfront about what you want and are like to begin with. I think the problem is a lot of times guys seem to put girls they find attractive on pedestals, and they're willing to give and give and give even before getting to know them for who they actually are, which doesn't make sense to me personally, because if your constantly doing what they want to do, paying for everything, and not showing them the kind of person you are, then it won't matter if they like you, because it's not really you, not to mention you'll be in an unhappy give and give relationship(Probably broke too). So yes, I agree with you. A relationship is about give and take, it's as much about us trying to make that person happy as it is them trying to make us happy, obviously someone who isn't willing to do what you want to do, or pay for some of the dates, isn't the type of person you should be in a relationship with.
My boyfriend and I always decide on mixing our ideas for dates. Thank god I'm not girly or I would have to kill myself. :stare:
My best date was spending hours in a quiet coffee shop while playing chess together. A nice thing with chess was that we were able to hold many interesting conversations while in the game.

I went to the movies with her once. (We watched Revenge of the Sith.) It was not bad, but I found it rather boring. The fact that the movie started pretty late did not help; by the time the movie ended, we were half-asleep.

Just going out together while walking and taking bus ride to explore different parts of the city for hours was pretty fun as well. With walking and bus riding, you get to notice details that are typically ignored while driving.