Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 183

The Good Old Days

:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
If you were granted a one week vacation anywhere in the world in any past decade, where and when would it be? And why?

Me: Paris, 1890's. I like fin de siècle, and would love to experience the decadence and degeneration that led to the world coming down in 1914. And I'd make sure to get my hands on a Toulouse-Lautrec or two.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfalseshepherd:
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I'd go back to the Era where The Pharaoh reigned supreme in ancient Egypt, to be one of their many kinky slaves. But some people try to deter me and tell me they weren't those kind of slaves. So I ask them, were you alive then? Didn't think so. Goodbye.
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
I suppose a slave was (and is) a slave, who - given some food now and then - could be used for whatever suits the owner :lol: - and some have probably been more kinky than others... :nod:

Did you know btw that the prime source of nutrition for egyptian slaves was onions...? There must at least have been a kinky odor of sweat, farts and onions...
FalseShepherd Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It all sounds good until the part with the onions, that's a real deal breaker. :( time to find something new to want.
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, the onions sort of ruined a beautiful illusion!

It's not kinky to realize, that the pharaoh's biggest expense (by far) was... onions. :no:
It's a sad realisation. I used to have a great respect for ancient Egypt but with the onion deal, I think it's just not possible to respect it anymore.
Throw your love on the ancient greeks, then. They drank wine and ate olives all the time - slightly more sophisticated!
Where I'm not really much of a drinker with alcohol, I do like grapes which are put in wine. And who doesn't like Greek mythology? Sounds like a Win-win to me.
Yeah, there should be material enough for a week's vacation... :nod:
:iconrobertripley:
RobertRipley Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
ill go back to the time of my ancestors so i can finally get their birthdates and deathdates right because every genealogy site i find has a different story for them (according to some, an ancestor was 3 when his son was born, and another died before his son was born)
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
:lol:

But why is that of such great interest to you...?
Add a Comment: