The top 15 causes of death

According to worldlifeexpectantcy.com, the top 15 causes of death are (in the USA):

1)Heart disease
2)Cancer
3)Stroke
4)Chronic lung disease
5)accidents
6)Alzheimer's
7)diabetes
8)Influenza and pneumonia
9)nephritis/kidney disease
10)blood poisoning
11)suicide
12)liver disease
13)hypertension/renal
14)Parkinson's disease
15) homicide

Surprised at the statistics, or is none of this new to you? What I am surprised at, is that suicide is higher than homicide, and that homicide is at the bottom of this list! Heart disease as number one, seriously? Although, this doesn't surprise me.... but isn't it silly our society is taking so many measures to try to protect ourselves in every way possible, except health-wise?

Thoughts?

Source: [link]
Comments296
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yup, nothing here ever makes sense.
Wait wait wait, why do you think homicide would be higher? Honestly, do you think the US is one big 80s slasher film?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
The number one cause of death is breathing, everyone who has ever attempted it has eventually been found dead.
Except for cockroaches. Those bastards live forever.
I think I'm gonna go exercise...
homicide is low because we're allowed to protect ourselves!
:icontatataplz:
The reason suicide is so high is because of the finacial state the world is in and bullying....pretty sad really....
Suicides are so high because it's so damn easy to get guns in the USA. 
To kill yourself, you don't need a gun :no:
Indeed, but the chances of doing it successfully are drastically higher than with any other method. Cutting takes minutes to hours to die from, depending on how 'well' one does it, jumping usually requires the jumper to enter a public space, where people will attempt to talk them out of it, overdosing takes time, etc...
but when you have the determination to die, the method is irrelevant :nod:
Suicide ABOVE homicide...

I don't know what's worse: seeing it in print, or the fact that I'm not surprised at all...
And how many of the suicides/homicides are actually assisted suicides? And how many suicides occured because the person had an illness (mental or physical) that they could not deal with any longer?
u are a sleeping journalist |||
You forgot death. That's the number one cause of death. :icontrollfaceplz:
You mean this guy? :icondeathplz:
:clap: I laughed at this. Thank you, I haven't been able to laugh for a while. :hug:
If I can survive Woman in Black than this should be a piece of cake :iconscaredplz:
Dude dont watch insidious then