Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 172

I DON'T WANT TO DIE!

:iconviobear:
viobear Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
When I was maybe around 4th grade or so, I remember being scared of dying. I knew that one day we all grow older and die eventually. I was scared out of my mind! I would go to bed at times crying just thinking about it. My sister did the same thing and it just kind of became a haunting thought, but as time went by I started to care less.

Eventually I grew up and I accepted that you were born to die and it hasn't been a problem for the longest time.

So...I was wondering if any of you went through the same phase? Were you scared of dying when you were younger? Would you tell your parents or people close to you?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphenomenontucker:
PhenomenonTucker Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I will great death as an old friend and fucking kick him in the balls

Then runaway with his scythe
:iconjericawinters:
I worried about dying when I was really little then one day I came to the conclusion that if death happened so much and to everything then it can't be all that bad.
:iconvideogamekitty99:
VideogameKitty99 Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was scared of dying at around 6 and I would always cry because id have nightmares of my grandparents dying in front of my eyes in hospital.
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was terrified of dying pretty much all through my childhood. Mostly I was scared because I was sure I was going to go to Hell. I never told anyone about it because I thought that I was the only "bad" one and didn't want anyone else to know for fear that they would reject me. I'm not a Christian anymore, so I don't really believe in Hell, but I'm still afraid of what happens to us after we die. In a weird way nonexistence seems almost as terrifying as eternal torture (almost). I don't really tend to think too much about it anymore though.
:iconafiend:
aFiend Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Just the sheer thought of not being able to experience anything after death or even have a consciousness is very scary to me, but I think everyone eventually grows out of that. I'm still young so, I am kind of going through this phase, but not to the point where I cry, I was more oblivious to it when I was really young (probably because my family is Catholic and reassured those thoughts with things like Heaven). I'm rambling -__-
:iconben3418:
I have heard of others fearing death before but I've never seemed to be one of those people. One reason might be my faith, another might be my personality, or even how I was raised, I'm not really sure why I've never feared death. I don't fear how I will die or even when but I do hope to leave my mark on this world. The only thing I wish for when it comes to my death is that it isn't meaning less. That in someway somehow my death or the time before my death helps someone.
:iconevanatt:
I'm actually more scared of pain than death itself.
Since I see death just to be the same as before I was born kinda thing. I wouldn't exist, so i wouldn't care anymore.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Not really.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ever read 'Dandelion Wine,' Ray Bradbury?
:iconviobear:
viobear Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
No I haven't.
Add a Comment: