Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 172

I DON'T WANT TO DIE!

:iconviobear:
viobear Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
When I was maybe around 4th grade or so, I remember being scared of dying. I knew that one day we all grow older and die eventually. I was scared out of my mind! I would go to bed at times crying just thinking about it. My sister did the same thing and it just kind of became a haunting thought, but as time went by I started to care less.

Eventually I grew up and I accepted that you were born to die and it hasn't been a problem for the longest time.

So...I was wondering if any of you went through the same phase? Were you scared of dying when you were younger? Would you tell your parents or people close to you?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphenomenontucker:
PhenomenonTucker Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I will great death as an old friend and fucking kick him in the balls

Then runaway with his scythe
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I worried about dying when I was really little then one day I came to the conclusion that if death happened so much and to everything then it can't be all that bad.
:iconvideogamekitty99:
VideogameKitty99 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was scared of dying at around 6 and I would always cry because id have nightmares of my grandparents dying in front of my eyes in hospital.
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was terrified of dying pretty much all through my childhood. Mostly I was scared because I was sure I was going to go to Hell. I never told anyone about it because I thought that I was the only "bad" one and didn't want anyone else to know for fear that they would reject me. I'm not a Christian anymore, so I don't really believe in Hell, but I'm still afraid of what happens to us after we die. In a weird way nonexistence seems almost as terrifying as eternal torture (almost). I don't really tend to think too much about it anymore though.
:iconafiend:
aFiend Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Just the sheer thought of not being able to experience anything after death or even have a consciousness is very scary to me, but I think everyone eventually grows out of that. I'm still young so, I am kind of going through this phase, but not to the point where I cry, I was more oblivious to it when I was really young (probably because my family is Catholic and reassured those thoughts with things like Heaven). I'm rambling -__-
:iconben3418:
Ben3418 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I have heard of others fearing death before but I've never seemed to be one of those people. One reason might be my faith, another might be my personality, or even how I was raised, I'm not really sure why I've never feared death. I don't fear how I will die or even when but I do hope to leave my mark on this world. The only thing I wish for when it comes to my death is that it isn't meaning less. That in someway somehow my death or the time before my death helps someone.
:iconevanatt:
Evanatt Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I'm actually more scared of pain than death itself.
Since I see death just to be the same as before I was born kinda thing. I wouldn't exist, so i wouldn't care anymore.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Not really.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ever read 'Dandelion Wine,' Ray Bradbury?
viobear Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
No I haven't.
:iconcomrademonaco:
comrademonaco Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I think I'd be scared if I knew what would happen after death... :noes:
:iconterminallybored:
terminallybored Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My fear of death started when I was sick in 2005 and thought I was on my deathbed. I was laying in a hospital bed praying to God not to take me, and I've been screwed up emotionally since that happened >:I If I could be sure there is an afterlife (though there probably isn't) I would be much less afraid of dying.
Oh I hope that I am wrong a bout religion and an afterlife awaits us all. I hope you find peace my friend.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've yet to go through it. I'm pretty damn scared, but I'm just in denial right now. :saddummy:

I didn't know what death was when I was younger. >.>
:iconh-chan1316:
h-chan1316 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I tell myself i'm not afraid of dying, but I probably am deep down inside. But I'm more afraid of being alone, if everyone around me and in my life passed away. If that happened, i'd want to die too .__.
Yea I think as human beings we all long for companionship. Being alone is definitely a scary thing.
:iconafterthenonsequitur:
AfterTheNonSequitur Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was more scared of my parents dying, if I remember correctly.

However, I did think that quicksand was going to be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be...
Lol quicksand hu?
Yes, that's what I just said. :B
Lol quicksand hu?

Just kidding :D
Yes, that's what I just said. :B

I'm not kidding. :iconstaredanceplz:
:icongingerpony:
Gingerpony Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's not the thought of dying that scares me, it's wondering about how I die that freaks me out?
Yea, would dying to save a herd of horses be a pleasurable death? :D Just wondering. Cause I wouldn't mind dying for a good cause and it seems that you love horses.
:icongingerpony:
Gingerpony Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As long as I wasn't trampled and killed by them...why not. I mostly fear of being murdered or a uncurable disease. :L
haha

Yea understandable.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013   General Artist
I was never really scared of dying; but I did go through a phase I was scared everyone around me was going to die.
In a weird twisted way, wouldn't that be selfishness?

You don't want them to die because it would be in your best interest if they stayed alive. :P hehe
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013   General Artist
Kind of and sometimes it was 'cause I'd miss my family and friends.

But in a way it wasn't because some days it wasn't even people I knew, just EVERYONE around me died.
:iconnamouah:
Namouah Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
We are traveling from the day we were born. And the final destination is an only one.

Well, I had that phase too. I was scared by the Death. But then I realized that it wasn't the fact of dying that scared me.
It was that I don't know what happens after I die.
Is it somethig? And I asked it to my parents, they said there's Heaven. And I asked again:
And after Heaven? They said two things, two possibilities:
1- Heaven lasts forever. But it was ridiculous to me (nowadays too) I am not able to think about something without an end
2- Nothing. We die, we go to Heaven and when it finishes we all -puff- go and end. It is really ridiculous and scary too. I can't accept it.

Now I live every day trying to not think about it. I live per day.
We lie when we say "I'm scared of dying!!!!"
We are scared about what we don't know. No one knows what there's Over There. Or if there's something.
No one came back to give us some infos. :D
Yea I don't believe in religion, although born into Catholicism, I find it to be absurd most of the time.

If there is one thing that I think is AWESOME about most religion is life after death. I think its interesting that we are animals that have the unique ability to reason and problem solve. So we say to ourselves that there is no possible way that we can just die and have that be it...WE ARE SUPERIOR!...but I think we can accept that ants and maggots will die and there is no way there could be a heaven for them...I believe we are all a part of this planet just as much as maggots are and the scary thing is that we are obviously superior than them but we both hold the same fate.

I personally don't want death to be the end of my mind. I want to know what is beyond our galaxy. I want to understand this UNIVERSE....ok I might just stop there. I'm getting too dramatic.
:iconnamouah:
Namouah Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:lol: Dramatic? Life is all a drama!

I appreciate your thought, it's really hopeful and just.
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
We are all just waves in a vast ocean. The individual wave may cease but it will still be part of the ocean.
:clap:
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:bow: I'm so deep.
Deep like Atlantis my friend.
:iconneolo:
NeoLo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Not really. I never wanted to die, but I wasn't reeeally scared. I care about it, but not that much. I just don't want to hurt all theese people, who love me. :iconbutterfly1plz::iconbutterfly2plz::iconbutterfly3plz::iconbutterfly4plz::iconbutterfly5plz:
Yes you would be hurting plenty-a-people.

:lol:
:iconneolo:
NeoLo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of steel

I'd be sorry to leave right now, since I have a lot of unfinished business (and then, when don't you?). I wouldn't say that I'm afraid, though...

Born with a heart of steel hu?

:mechabug:
That's right! :nod:
MON-STUH!
That's right too! :nod:
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
When I was in my adolescence, I always fantasized about dying. In fact, I tried to take on my life a couple of times through OD'ing on various pills, but here I am. :lol:

I don't think I am ready to die just yet, but I wouldn't say never in the future. I'm a positive person but I don't think I am that afraid of dying... I am just afraid of living an unfulfilled life, that's all. 
Yea nowadays I almost welcome death at times. Never a suicidal person, but I am glad that you got through that point in your life and you seem to be doing a lot better now.

I've got too big of goals right now to die. Death will have to wait.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I know what you mean. :lol: I'm glad that I am much more positive right now, but I am less afraid of death in general. Life taught me about the tragicness of death and just the realness of it.
:iconmonipln:
monipln Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh, yea. I went through this when I was little. Now I don't care at all.
I am not alone!
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
Got a panic attack on this topic on my 18th birthday. Let's just say that 2012 was a nerve-breaking year.
Nice user name :D

Hope everything is fine now. No more panic attacks!
Add a Comment: