Juve.

I grew up in Arizona. I started getting arrested and put in Juve(niled Detention) when I was about 15. I got arrested so many times....but because I was not 18 yet, they could not put me in adult prison. The last time I was put in Juve, I was 17. I forgot how many times I had been put in there...it was alot. I got into trouble alot.

So if yall have any questions about Juve, then bring it on :) I'd love to answer 'em.
Comments102
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why were you arrested all those times?
(Sigh...) I had a bad temper. I would get frustrated because when I had a conflict with someone, due partly to my Asperger's Autism Spectrum Disorder, (though I take full responsibility), I had trouble handling information cramming into my head - my mind is hypersensitive to certain kinds of reactions from people. My brain would get overloaded trying to cope with the intensified experience of the other person's thoughts, emotions, et cetera, and I would get frustrated and freak out. In short, I couldn't handle judgements or criticism.

I got arrested all those times, because I got so angry and out of control all those times; people couldn't deal with my rage, and had to call the cops. Additionally, I had a tendency to break my own bones in my fits of rage and frustration, so the cops considered me a danger to myself.
I don't have a question. I just want to post this :iconiamcoolplz:
Never been caught, never been arrested. Anyshabootles. What was it like in general? (soo original, I know, but I dunno where to begin)
Well...the most important thing I can say, is that in Juve I learned how to live simple and not take things for granted.

Showers were two-minutes long, and usually cold; so I learned to shower quick and not take warm water for granted, (that warm water costs money...and it's quite a freaking blessing). I didn't get a bed; I got a metal cot with a pad on it, and no pillow; and the blankets...were made of some kind of recycled material. There was a toilet in my cell, or rather, a toilet/mirorless sink, with no soap. As for t.p. you had to ask for it, and they'd only give you a wad of it. You know, it's these small things that on the outs you take for granted...
Wow. If only people could really understand perspective like that, you know? Like all these spoiled kids talking about not getting an iphone or car for the holidays.
Yeah, I know. Gosh...when I was twelve, I couldn't even have a wallet, or a c.d. player, let alone a freaking credit card or iphone or whatever - although, they didn't have iphones back then, but still...
I know! The worst part is they're so entitled they don't see it as being spoiled. Scourge of the planet, they are.
Hwewh, though, I remember back in the day, around the year 2000 - the New Millenium - when I was nine years old, and I got my first Gameboy Color. Remember those? And back then, everyone still had v.c.r.s to watch videos - those old vhs movies. You could go down to a Blockbuster and rent them. Then later on, dvd's became really popular.

Yeah, that's what happened; the cell phones and all those other electronic devices became more advanced, and as a result, nowadays people take them for granted; so there are little kids goin' around with their own damn laptops, cell phones, iphones, ipads, and credit cards - I know twelve-year olds whose parents - not rich parents by the way - let their kids go around, with 50 bucks in their wallets! Like I said, when I was a kid, I couldn't even have a wallet, and my parents would NEVER have let me go around with anything more than maybe five bucks, to get some candy at the local Walmart. 50 bucks would have been - and still would be - like a dream for me!
You are proving absolutely nothing being on an ART SITE.. Posting how immature you WERE, since the majority of the dA's are not 12-30.. They're going to recognize you as a complete idiot, just throwing it out there..

Growing up in California, i've had a few friends in and out of the pen.. So I don't really care, other dA's might think you're ridiculous though..

Forget the bullshit, lets hear some stories, what got you thrown in?
Hmmm...

I got thrown in Juve because I had a bad temper. I don't think that I'm "badass" or anything for being thrown in there. I didn't even really do much...not in comparison to the other inmates.

I got in arguments with my family, got pissed off, screamed and "disturbed the peace," and lashed out at my family. I was an asshole, really.

I could have gone in for those other kinds of reasons that other kids did - drugs, robberies, dui, rape (yeah, apparently, one of those other inmates was charged with...what was it, raping his mother? And possibly his granny too - a real whacko), et cetera. I didn't do those things though. Apart from being just an angry douchebag, I lived a fairly religious life. After every lashout, I felt bad, and always tried to fix whatever damage I did. So as far as stories go, I don't have the usual ones - not about myself.

Yeah, I could have gone and robbed that Shell gas station I lived by; I also almost got involved in gang activities, (but apparently, there are only a bunch of posers in the town I grew up in). I could have done all sorts of things. I sure as hell hung out with the right kinds of people; kids that did cocaine, smoked weed, stole stuff, got in fights, killed some people...yeah, my friends had those kinds of stories. Just not me. I was the skinny white kid chillin' in the corner, watchin' everyone else get smashed up and totally screwed up...except when I lashed out in angry rages at my family.

As for stuff that happened in Juve, I got some stories. Yeah, but even then, nothing serious; I didn't get in fights, because no one wanted to fight me for some reason, (maybe because I'm more than 6 feet tall).

I remember those freaking showers...nobody got shower-raped while I was there. Probably because we'd shower together in groups of ten, but we were watched by a bunch of d.o.'s...I'm pretty sure one kid got raped by his cellmate though.

I almost got in a fight with one kid. He'd been in a high-security lockup for several weeks. When they took 'im outa high-security, they let 'im into the dayrooms wi' the rest of us. We were all sittin' at this table - those metal ones they got - and watchin' a t.v. in a cage. He was sittin' behind me. He had some kinda problem wi' me I guess, and started blowing on the back of my head. I turned around and told 'im to stop, and then I turned back to the t.v. like it was nothin. But he kept at it. And he was pokin' me wi' a pencil. So I flipped out at him.

We got to cussin' at eachother, and I was yellin' pretty hard, shakin' all over, red and sweating, and we were threatenin' eachother - the usual deal. I was standing up, leaning at 'im over the table, and I was just about to grab 'im, pull 'im over the table and wail on 'im with my head and fists...that's what I wanted to do, but then d.o.'s rushed in just in the nick of time and broke us up. I figure maybe his beef wi' me was that I'd been flirtin' wi' his girlie. She was in Juve to. But I flirted with all the fine ladies...it was nothing serious. Ah...I'da been chill wit'im if he'da just said somethin' like, "Hey bro, don't flirt wi' my girlie."
You're a better person than I assumed, much respect.

A lot of rumors told about containment, a lot are simply bullshit.

Until you're there, you have no space to talk.. So I respect you tellin' a bit. ; )
To the gulag with you.
Huh, haha, Russian prison; I'd rather go to a Mexican prison, haha.
That depends. Do you have a special diet you have to eat, due to medical issues?
I'm too much of a goodie-good for this
Maybe I will :eyes:
I don't believe you. :evileye: