what would make you comit suicide ?

don t worry, i am not trying to kill you....
Comments120
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nothing because I am too flawless to end my existence
Suicide is for the weak.
I once thought that if I ever lost control of my mind in a big way then this would cause me to end it all. Then time went by and I saw many examples of really ill people going into work. One person was paralyzed from the neck down but she had a computer job. Another one was a woman who talked out loud non-stop, cussing and swearing, fuck this fuck that, as she went into work, dressed very professionally. After seeing that, I started thinking that I would work too even if the worst happened.
not getting all As on my final report card
I guess if I lost my sister. That's all I can really think of.
The only time I would ever commit suicide is if I am mortally wounded and I give the order to leave me behind and buy my buddies a few minutes of escape. I rig myself and booby trap my body if I am moved with as many explosives as I possible can and hold the trigger. I wait for my enemies, zombies, or monster to come and get me and then smile as I say a cheesy one liner before I blow them and me to kingdom come.
Been there, tried that.  Apparently, for me, it took my dad dieing when I was 17, feeling like I didn't have time to grieve because I was in the middle of my senior year of high school, and like I couldn't because I wanted to be strong for my family, then going to college and working my butt off, becoming severely depressed because of my grief and college stress, and then going through several relationships that I cared deeply about and didn't work out.  Among other things.

However, I'm so very glad that my attempt failed, and I'm thankful for the drugs and therapy I went through to get back to thinking logically and wanting to live. 
If global warming gets to an intensely dramatic stage.
I already tried to commit suicide when I was 9

but if my life gets any worse than it already is, probably then I will...

Damn now i'm depressed again...
I've known people that have taken their lives. I suffer from depression now and then. I do want to hide sometimes but I wouldn't take my own life. I do believe in euthanasia however. Being stuck in a vegetated state for the rest of your life is worse than death. :no:
Getting crippled, paralyzed and having to be monitored and needing help all the time. That's a nightmare for me. :fear:
Dont worry. Theres no force on this earth that would ever make me think of such a way to commit suicide.
I just love my life too much. :)
Losing my fucking arms. I wouldn't think twice
I would consider euthanasia if I want to commit suicide. What would make me commit suicide, would probably be if I have a terminal disease with no chance of recovery, or got myself into a very high debt (very unlikely, since I am very debt-averse.) I don't see myself wanting to be a burden to my loved ones... and if I know my disease will kill me within a year, I wouldn't mind using euthanasia to die.

Of course, that'd be in secrecy because if I discuss this with my family, they'll kill me before I could even kill myself. :dead:
Something, unfortunately cliche. :/
I've thought of suicide so many times, and I was going to do it on the weekend of my birthday once, but obviously that didn't happen. I'm just glad I pulled away that sort of thinking.
Well since I am a overly optimistic chick and I pretty much lived through quite some shit in my life I think committing suicide isn't something I'd consider soon. But I can imagine that, being let down by the one I love, being kicked off of my education AND losing a big amount of my friends COULD drive me into taping my windows shut and burning all my candles (and I have a LOT of candles XD)

that or losing my right arm...sounds crazy? well to me it's a simple equation.
Drawing=my life
No arm=no drawing
No drawing=nothing to live for

but even in THAT case I would be stubborn enough to learn to draw with left (I hope) =D
I tried last time because nothing in life was going well and everything was going wrong. It seemed like the only solution to solve all of my problems at once. Of course, it was incredibly stupid to try.
Your still a youngster maturity wise. Give it two or three years and life's little problems seem so much more... Insignificant! I think ever teen feels like the world is ending when something goes wrong, You grow out of that shit. :nod:
Aye, in retrospect it wasn't the smartest thing to do :| Neither was the way I tried. But yeah... Things are all sorted out now so all is well.
I don't know. You're going to die alone one day anyway. The value of suicide does not differ from death to me but some will disagree.